adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
this time i am not picking any episode but just some random scenes...all from dipak sharma's (DS) directed episodes...i consider him the worst director of our show...he never understood the essence of our show and also the essense of the characters is one thing...but under his direction the expressions of actors also defied logic...no doubt his lack of understanding led to failure of his instructing the actors wat to express and wen to express...
in spite of this some of my fav episodes belong to dipak's era only and only i repeat again only and only because of kunal's outstanding expressions...i found kunal as one actor who understood his own character so well that he never waited for wat stupid instructions wud come from dipak sharma...he used his own sense of logic to create wonders with wacko scenes... i will be writing about some such scenes...

the terrace scene where mohan wanted to gv megha the mangalsutra...someone shud hv told DS that MS is gvn by groom to bride only as part of wedding ceremony and not as part of proposal...but wat i loved was the sincerity in kunal's expression while playing that stupidest scene...and the dialogues there made me wonder whether subroto sinha's brains also went for a toss under the patronage of DS...
"jab bhi mein ma se kehta tha mr, bhatnagar ko chod kyun nahi dete"...
it was so un-mohan type of sentence...for one...which son wants their parents to be separated...unless and until one of them tortures the other one physically or mentally...i dont think mohan's dad was that bad a guy...yes he had clashes with mohan...he did not like indu going to meet her son...but still indu always came to see mohan in car obviously provided by his dad...
and i hv seen many movies and i hv read many novels where there is father-son clash...but nowhere the son wants divorce of their parents...take the movie shakti for instance...amitabh left home because of clash with his dad dilip kumar...but he always wanted his mom to stay with his dad even wen she said that she wud come and stay with him...
secondly that sentence was even more stupid because at that time mohan was proposing marriage to megha...in one breath he asks her to marry him and in the same breath he talks about his parents' separation...wat impression does megha has on him...for mohan marriage is so fickle that just because husband and wife have difference of opinions so they shud get separated...then y is he proposing marriage to megha...they too hv same problem...

i liked akanksha's expression here...on seeing the MS she expressed just the right kind of surprised expression...of course she was expecting marriage proposal but in words or at the most with a ring but never with an MS...

but there was one dialogue there of megha which now i find quite logical...although at that time like others i too found that quite disgusting...but now wen i think of it i thot that was a clever line...
"tum ek laparwa insaan ho mohan jo ek zid ke khatir goli khane chala jaata hai...jisse na apni parwa hai na apni parivaar ki...to wo mera khayal ya mere bachho ka khayal kya rakhega...naahi tumme wo maturity hai aur naahi sabar"...

although these words sounded crude...and we all wondered how can she say such things to a person like mohan who has proved his worth as a mature and responsible guy nth times...
but i dont think we shud hv taken the words in the literal sense...akanksha's expressions were really gud...the pain that she was feeling with each word was apparent in her face...

this is my explanation...before this scene everytime megha refused mohan...it was on the pretext that she cannot forget amar and noone can take amar's place in her life bla bla bla...
but this time she was saying that she has agreed to marry anyone but mohan...so obviously this time she cud not use amar's excuse...
so wat choice she had...her goal was to hurt mohan so much that he wud not pursue her anymore...so that was the best she cud do by accusing him of things that he obviously were not...
but here too she had no choice...mohan had no flaws as a lover as a husband as a father...so watever she wud say wud sound a lie...
but in this case at least some of the words were true like mohan did go to the criminal's den because of his zid more than his obligation as a crime reporter...like he told guru that he wants megha to realize that she has feelings for him...
also mohan has left home...has kept no relation with his dad...so megha cud easily say he doesnt care about his family...
now i am not saying mohan is all these things...but wat megha said partly because she had no other option and partly because some things mohan did hv in himself like his impulsiveness...
on the same day amar's name was cleared mohan gv flowers to megha...the next day he proposed her getting slap in return...he did not even gv her one single day to recover from the shock of hearing amar's news...
for all these reasons i felt that particular dialogue was not all the way illogical...

and also in the last part of the scene where mohan was talking about himmat and all and how megha doesnt hv the himmat to confess...megha's expression was one of hurt obviously indicating she did not mean a single word she said...and mohan's expression was like he was aware that megha was talking all nonsense although he was not aware of her reasons...

now for another episode...this is a real fav of mine because of kunal's flawless perf...the episode wen mohan confessed in front of vyas family...his portrayal of inebriation was mindblowing...the way he hobbled on his feet...the way he was tripping all the time...the was he was holding the sofa for support...the way his nose was running...the way he folded hands wen he tripped...the way he sat with a thud instead of softly in front of papaji...his voice modulation...everything was just superb...and never seemed OTT

in that episode i hv no issues about anything in kunal's dialogues...especially the letter was simply out of the world and surprisingly was an element of DS era...the episode was a one-man show and kunal was successful in making that episode a classic one in spite of its many flaws...
my fav dialogues other than the letter of course was "kismat ka khel dekhiye na papaji...uss chitthi me likhe mere dil ki har ek baat ko aap logon ne amar ka aakhri khwaahish samajh li...megha ki dobara shaadi karne ka faisla kar liya...jis chitthi se mein megha ko apne zindagi ke aur kareeb lana chahata tha...wohi chitthi usse mujhse door karne ji wajah ban gayi...maine aapke liye megha ke liye jo kuchh bhi kiya wo iss liye nahi kyunki mein ek farishta hoon...balki mein to ek bohot hi khudgarz insaan hoon...jo megha ki khushiyon se apni khushi churata gaya...jo megha ki mushkile door karke apni jeene ki asaani dhoond leta tha"
(voice modulation was most beautiful thruout...i cant even begin to imagine wat heights kunal will reach ten years down the line if he gets the right kind of roles)

wat i found totally wrong in terms of direction was some of the expressions...like wen mohan first said that he loves megha and cant tolerate her going away with another man...expressions of papaji and saroj were not of surprise...it was as if they already knew this and were listening just like any other normal dialogue...of course DS failed to convey this simple thing to them that they ought to be surprised...

but i dont know y but i cant blame DS this time...i guess not only him but all the actors including the senior ones like anjanji, madhuriji and rinku karmakar were so overwhelmed by kunal's perf that they somehow forgot they were also supposed to perform...LOL...well i think i am the only one who felt this...although i felt anjan ji and madhuri sanjeev and specifically ashnoor were really gud...but at least in the initial few mins i too felt them awed...
there is one small scene here...wen mohan was opening the letter and he almost tripped...although of course that was a brilliant acting by kunal...but for a split second rinku almost reached out to hold him...of course it was not acting...rinku got carried away by the realistic perf of kunal 👏

and the one thing that i cudnt relate to here was megha weeping all the time...yet refusing to admit that she loves mohan too...she was crying too much and i found that OTT...i am not blaming akanksha because she was doing exactly as instructed by the brainless DS 😡

and now another episode...one which comes much before the confession episode...
where mohan was invited to vyas house for dinner and manav was also there...mohan feeling neglected and insulted all the time from papaji and addu...okie i can consider that in case of papaji i felt that his feelings were never genuine for mohan...he was always ready to hurt mohan both physically and emotionally at the drop of a hat...
but wat confused me was megha...she was smiling all the time mohan was feeling insulted...

i did not understand wat DS was trying to do with megha...y was she smiling...she ought to feel bad for mohan...she ought to do the things that nanhi was doing...in that episode nanhi was the only character who was treated correctly...her expressions and the way she guarded mohan from the insensitive vyas family were just too gud...
DS showed a remarkable understanding of mohan and nanhi's relation but failed to understand mohan and megha's chemistry...wat kind of director is he
and also i felt everything wrong in that episode...y wud mohan go to such lengths to win the heart of addu...there shud be a limit to how much one shud let himself be insulted...i dont call that love...if u cant respect ur ownself...then how can u say that u can love and respect others...except nanhi every character was butchered in that episode...
but i simply loved that manavmama wala dialogue...i was like 🤣...kunal was too gud...

okie its getting too long now...i cud come up with many but i dont know y i am bothering with these...only so that the CVs be kind enuf not to make DS director of season 2 at any time during its tenure...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rajkona thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very well analysed! You know, I still can't really watch Mohan's confession to the family because I keep remembering what happens next, but you are right, he gave such a flawless performance in that episode.
Lekz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Great post aditi .well said u have observed things so well.
I so miss reading abt nbt1 there are no posts these days. Keep posting whenever u get time.
I recently saw a byte of behind the scenes where Rinku went on and on abt kkk s expressions and acting .
Ur observation on her reaction could very well be bang on.
1973anu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Just very well written. Re-lived all the episodes written above by just reading it. Such good was the writing.

Waiting for more
cosmosandme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
nice observation...after reading ur post i watched confession episode again to see renu's expression and gesture...kunal was seriously mind-blowing...i hope ds won't b a part of nbt2..keep on writing such posts Edited by cosmosandme - 11 years ago
aashu_am thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
right NBT totally changed under DS direction and Jappu's entry...one thing to be noted is that Mohan was totally butchered at this time, but Kunal totally shined at his best, whereas Aakansha was at her best in the initial episodes, but during DS period he failed to bring out her talents...yes Kunal was totally flawless and to the heights during the confession scene at Vyas house and his reactions when Megha proposed was mesmerizing!!
sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
res :D

read then comment post looks AWESOME :D
kunaladicted thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Excellent post Aditi...👏👏👏 Very well analysed... I always liked ur posts... Keep them coming... 😊😊😊

Edited by kunaladicted - 11 years ago
adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
watz the latest news guys...here i come today and getting all bad news that AS and ashnoor will not be in NBT2...and prinal will play megha...wat nonsense is that...how can same actress play 2 roles...then do i hv to believe that it will be new story and not continuation of old story...but watever NBT 2 is coming only because kunal, akanksha and ashnoor fans requested...so how any one of them be dropped...it is KA chem that i want to watch in season 2...i really hope all these r rumors...and i also heard there will be leap...no leap pls...i dont want leap...
has the shooting for NBT2 started...i think not...then there wud be news about it...and on top of that rumors r out that AK and ashnoor will not be there...y do i feel that the project is going to be cancelled...or will be started with a half hearted approach just to appease us and then will be over in a month or so because obviously with all our fav actors gone noone will be watching...KKK alone can do wonders of course...but NBT is a show of all the actors and not him alone...
rajkona thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: adoremevirgo

y do i feel that the project is going to be cancelled...or will be started with a half hearted approach just to appease us and then will be over in a month or so because obviously with all our fav actors gone noone will be watching...KKK alone can do wonders of course...but NBT is a show of all the actors and not him alone...

I also get the impression they are not serious about NBT2 - I think they may have succumbed to the fan pressure but don't really intend to do anything. I can see NBT2 lasting maybe 25-50 episodes and will get pulled off "due to low ratings". Cant believe they'd waste the immense talent they have in their kitty. So sad that this is what the fans get for their loyalty.