After 10-15 years I want to quit acting: Anushka

Posted: 11 years ago

After 10-15 years I want to quit acting: Anushka Sharma

Nov 16, 2012

Mumbai: Actress Anushka Sharma is pursuing a practical approach when it comes to Bollywood, saying acting is not the only thing she wants to do in her life and stardom is just a fleeting phase.

Anushka made her debut in 2008 opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Yash Raj Film's 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'. She later went on to do movies like 'Badmaash Company', 'Band Baaja Baraat', 'Ladies vs Ricky Bahl' and 'Patiala House'.

Reuters

Her recent release is late filmmaker Yash Chopra's directorial venture 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' opposite Shah Rukh and Katrina Kaif. The film received grand opening in cinema houses upon its release on November 13.

"I think 10-15 years down the line I would not want to remain an actress. Probably I will be married and driving my kids to school. Appreciation is obviously nice. Our profession is such that it puts us in a trance while working and then we don't realise what all we can do," the 24-year-old told PTI.

The 24-year-old, who won awards for her performances in films like 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' and 'Band Baaja Baraat', says does not get carried away by stardom.

"Stardom is nice but because I am an outsider in the industry, I don't want to get sucked into this too much. I have this sense of practicality that this is temporary," she said.

Anushka says she is well aware of the fact that success is not permanent in film industry. "I think right now I am getting many offers because my films have done well. But it's not going to be an ongoing process. I don't want to get delusional about where I am. I keep a constant check by saying that this isn't my entire life," the actress said.

Anushka says she relies on her brother for approval of films. "I feel sometimes people praise you on face. But I listen to my parents and my brother. Other than them I don't listen to anybody. I consult my brother when it comes to films. I rely on his thumbs up to my scripts. Mostly, we are on the same page which is what I like," she said. The actress has a host of interesting projects in hand right now – Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' opposite Imran Khan, Rajkumar Hirani's 'Peekay' alongside Aamir Khan and Anurag Kashyap's 'Bombay Velvet' opposite Ranbir Kapoor.

When asked about her strategy to finalise films, she said, "First and foremost it is the director after that the script. It has to be a film I should connect with. If I get restless while reading the script I know I am not going to enjoy doing it".

For Anushka intuition plays an important role in finalising films. "When I read scripts of films from beginning to end and if engrossed into it it means I will do it. I know I would enjoy doing the film," she added.

"For me the other important thing is my role. It should be something that should have some weight in the movie and it has to do something for me. I don't want to become a showpiece. There is no satisfaction for me in that," she summed up.

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/after-10-15-years-i-want-to-quit-acting-anushka-sharma-526524.html

Ahem! Ambani-Birla-Tata Lads, are you listening?  😉😆

Accha  - is this why she overacts ?

Lifetime of acting to be completed in 10 to 15 years so I shall give my 200% to each take  - she was boderline psychotic in some of the scenes in JTHJ
I'm worried about my papers just NEXT week. Who has time to think about life 15 years ahead? Who knows December 21 might strike and there wont be time to think about next year also! 🤡
Originally posted by qwww

Accha  - is this why she overacts ?

Lifetime of acting to be completed in 10 to 15 years so I shall give my 200% to each take  - she was boderline psychotic in some of the scenes in JTHJ

She's borderline psychotic since BBB. 🤢

And for all you know, if Bollywood is same as it is now even 15 years later then Anushka darling, at 35+ you'll have to quit anyways 😆
That's gonna happen automatically, Anushka. You don't have to specifically mention it. 
Who can bear her overacting for that long?
Anush is the ONLY current actress who knows how to act!! Seriously!!

But yeah 15 years from now a new generation will emerge...Who knows where the state of bollywood will be by then! :/
She hasn't even started her career properly yet and already talking about 10-15 years.
I think she exaggerated it a little bit.