Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

maha9

IF-Sizzlerz

maha9

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "it is aarti not arati (Page 2)" in Punar Vivah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Manali_IamGCian

IF-Rockerz

Manali_IamGCian

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 2:00am | IP Logged
yeah it's Aarti!!

DMKJ_VB

IF-Rockerz

DMKJ_VB

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by annymous

oh my days can people stop saying arati, it is actually annoying seeing arati everywhere. please the name is aarti where did arati come from, also it is not like i just saw it once, but a lot of times, i have been seeing it on facebook, twitter, this forum, and i just needed to correct it, maybe they don't know her name... sorry just had to post this take no offence or anything

whats there to be annoyed?Confused
Not everyone pronounces the same way.
U should know that IF and FB have people who speak different languages. Not everyone is hindi-speaking! and Aarti is not only a Hindi name! I am a bengali and Aarti is a very common bengali name! In bengali, no one says Aarti, but pronounce it as Aarati! So what is wrong or annoying about that?Confused
Everyone knows her name is Aarti, the spellings differ becoz of the way they pronounce it! Thats not a big deal and there is nothing to correct. Its a  rule of Grammar that Proper nouns can be spelt differently! Thats the reason Gita and Geeta have different spellings.

Annoying is actually a pretty strong word to use for this trivial incident!

Edited by DMKJ_VB - 17 November 2012 at 2:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

123mitulgcluv

DMKJ_VB

IF-Rockerz

DMKJ_VB

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aimf

It is okay. The name is a Sanskrit word, and it is neither arati nor aarti. The correct pronunciation in the Sanskrit language is Aarati. Hindi speakers tend to elide or not pronounce the last "a" and hence everyone on the show calls her Aarti. Either way, all is okay, and all is well.

Exactly! either wy its fine! There is nothing annoying or wrong about that.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aimf123mitulgcluv

123mitul

IF-Dazzler

123mitul

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 9:45am | IP Logged
i agree with aimf & DMKJ_VB. the word came from sanskrit & the actual word is "Arati". I am a bengali & we pronounc it as ''Arati''. its not a big deal.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aimfDMKJ_VBgcluv

sallybaby

IF-Rockerz

sallybaby

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DMKJ_VB

Originally posted by annymous

oh my days can people stop saying arati, it is actually annoying seeing arati everywhere. please the name is aarti where did arati come from, also it is not like i just saw it once, but a lot of times, i have been seeing it on facebook, twitter, this forum, and i just needed to correct it, maybe they don't know her name... sorry just had to post this take no offence or anything

whats there to be annoyed?Confused
Not everyone pronounces the same way.
U should know that IF and FB have people who speak different languages. Not everyone is hindi-speaking! and Aarti is not only a Hindi name! I am a bengali and Aarti is a very common bengali name! In bengali, no one says Aarti, but pronounce it as Aarati! So what is wrong or annoying about that?Confused
Everyone knows her name is Aarti, the spellings differ becoz of the way they pronounce it! Thats not a big deal and there is nothing to correct. Its a  rule of Grammar that Proper nouns can be spelt differently! Thats the reason Gita and Geeta have different spellings.

Annoying is actually a pretty strong word to use for this trivial incident!

no i dont mean annoying like i'm angry, i'm not taking it serious i'm just saying. i know some people it is a mistake but some people actually think it is arati, no need to get emotional it is just a post

Edited by annymous - 17 November 2012 at 11:49am

sallybaby

IF-Rockerz

sallybaby

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 123mitul

i agree with aimf & DMKJ_VB. the word came from sanskrit & the actual word is "Arati". I am a bengali & we pronounc it as ''Arati''. its not a big deal.

i'm not taking it it as a big deal i'm just saying

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.