By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Nov 17, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE YES|Suave|Friends|Yash Patnaik|Meera
I don't believe in being friends with my ex: Mouni
Mouni Roy
TV actress Mouni Roy fields questions on her exGaurav Chopra, budding friendship with co-star Mohit 'Mahadev' Raina and her new character,Meera

You were all set to tie the knot with Gaurav Chopra. What went wrong?
I don't want to talk about my personal life. It's nobody's business.

Do you think you can be friends with your ex?
No, I don't believe in being friends with my ex.

So, what does it take to sweep you off your feet?
The guy has to be Suave, well-spoken and must have a great personality. He must be fairly well-to-do. I really believe in the concept of 'your money is my money and my money is also my money'. At some point in life, I would want to quit working.

'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' is the only show as prominent as 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. What went wrong after Kyunki...?
I was eighteen-and-a-half when I did Kyunki and when you are that young, you don't understand certain things. I felt burdened at that time. Sometimes, I feel I could have done two to three more shows, but I wouldn't be what I am. When I recall my Kyunki...days, I wonder what I was thinking then. I just couldn't keep up with the erratic shooting schedule. I kept refusing daily soaps for almost eight months. I even declined Devon.... I was sceptical, as it was a mythological show. I didn't want to get typecast, but my producers Suhana and Nikhil Sinha were persistent and I agreed eventually.

With whom does Mahadev share a better chemistry ' Sati or Parvati?
I shared a better chemistry with Mohit than Sonarika. If you are asking about me, I am going to choose myself over anybody.

There were rumours that you and Mohit were more than just friends.
They were only rumours. Mohit and I are extremely fond of each other.

Tell us about the person you are.
I want to get married early and have kids. I don't want to struggle in life. I'm a very spiritual person and I believe in eat, pray and love. I am very simple. I can be foolish and this could be one reason why I am taken for granted at times. I did everything very fast in life. I was born premature and was only 16 when I joined college. Acting happened by chance. Given an opportunity to live my life once again, I would only dance.

You are often perceived as arrogant.
YES, I'm arrogant, which isn't bad. It's good that the media doesn't approach me easily. I don't like undue publicity and don't want to be in the news for the wrong reasons. Fortunately or unfortunately, I was dating a guy because of whom I was always in the news.

Have you become politically correct?
Oh, yes. I am quite a chatterbox, but I have realised that it is easy to shout from a rooftop, while it takes a lot to be silent. And it pays off in the long run.

Tell us about Meera, your character in Yash Patnaik's 'Junoon'.
Unlike me, Meera is a go-getter. Also, while she makes things happen, I either wait for them to happen or just let it be. She takes her relationships seriously and is particularly possessive about her mother. I take my parents for granted, because I know they are always there for me.

kinda highlited d DKDM part :)
Edited by coolfizzy - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LeadNitrate thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: coolfizzy

'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' is the only show as prominent as 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. What went wrong after Kyunki...?
I was eighteen-and-a-half when I did Kyunki and when you are that young, you don't understand certain things.

Wasn't she is Kyunki around 2008? or 2004?  how can she be 18 and half in 2008 and be 26 ( 27 post september ) in 2012?

more important, how can she do her graduation from miranda college in delhi then. There is no correspondence option and its a very top level college with strenous demand in grades.

So did she take a break after kyunki to do her graduation or did kyunki happen in 2008 and she was not 18 then?

I feel even they forget sometimes what they have said before
DeewaniRimi thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.😆and nice and diplomatic interview.
sanju01 thumbnail
What sort of a stupid question the reporter asked!Obviously she will say her chemistry with mohit is better.If this question is asked to sonarika,she too will answer the same.This question should have been asked to mohit and not mouni.
-Khush- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Tfs ! And until I remember she had left kyunki way before 2008 so she should have entered it 2005 ish ... Whatever lol !
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
WOHAAA..🥳🤗.Only that suvave & arrogant yet straight at your face ..truth speaking girl Mouni only could have said it..!! Mohit Mouni fond of each other ehhh..nothing new..Girl we could see it beyond teh screen..YOU SET US ON FIRE..even miles apart..Love you Mouni  & that too with Mohit..HOPING BEYOND HOPE THAT MY DREAM COMES TRUE..😳😳😳
DeewaniRimi thumbnail
Originally posted by TOTAL ROMANTIC
WOHAAA..🥳🤗.Only that suvave & arrogant yet straight at your face ..truth speaking girl Mouni only could have said it..!! Mohit Mouni fond of each other ehhh..nothing new..Girl we could see it beyond teh screen..YOU SET US ON FIRE..even miles apart..Love you Mouni  & that too with Mohit..HOPING BEYOND HOPE THAT MY DREAM COMES TRUE..😳😳😳

Me too wish the same.☺️Ameen.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
BTW I like how mufat she is now. She used to  be totally directed by gaurav in PPOW and only parroted what he said. Good to see she speaks her own mind now.
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Kyuki ended in 2003-04 so whatever she said is true.i dont think she wil lie for just publicity.
And i dont think she would hav said that for sonarika. She woud hv said that she shard beter chemistry wid mohit than any othr co star and they mis lead her coment.
And i think she is right about her being in news before for wrong reasons but nw she wil be in news becoz of her talent and work.
And guys pls if u dont like her dont coment.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
 kyunki ended in 2008, found out on wikipidea now.

A forum discussion topic will have all sorts of comments. ATs exist to expression appreciation. 
Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago