Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
LOL! HI Deep Di. Just sneaking a few pages before I close my eyes. I think I may just read the entire DC tonight. It's not often that I'm in the mood to speed read the pages. And in answer to your vaccination statement a few pages back from my memory:-

Children tend to get fevers from vaccines in general. It depends on the manner in which they're white blood cells react to the bacteria/virus/germ that the vaccine contains. Remember most preventative vaccinations are actually small doses of the real virus. It allows your body to become accustomed to it, and strengthens its defenses for when the real disease attacks. It's like doing mock exams or mock battles, you're doing an actual test, or fighting with real weapons, so you still feel the effects but not as badly as if it were the full thing. Ergo why babies, and children and even we, tend to be feverish and irritable after a vaccine.

EDIT: Your predictinos-----.>>>>>> So Mittalpossible🀣

Back into silence. Have a great day everyone!😊
Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 11 years ago
Deepti1808 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Kadeen: I am a mother and know about vaccines and their tendency to result in fever. I was just wondering which vaccine given at AGE 6 are they talking about???

Thx for the scientific explanation anyway.
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Deepti1808

@Kadeen: I am a mother and know about vaccines and their tendency to result in fever. I was just wondering which vaccine given at AGE 6 are they talking about???

http://www.vaccines.gov/who_and_when/infant/index.html

I hope the chart maybe of help when you go to check that link.
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

ssromani(sorry i keep forgetting your name):

There is no promo video as far as i have seen since morning, they only have pics at the bottom of the screen with words saying Prashanth will have a housewarming/gruhpravesh at SM on wednesday.

And that has set us off like the crackers of diwali. LOL

Deepti, you cannot forget my name so easily!  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†   I am Shobha,  pls call me Shobs!    When I first joined the DC, I wished Mrs. Dubey was called anything but Shobha...it was rather disconcerting to read that name in almost every post...but now I have got used to it!  πŸ˜†  πŸ˜†
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA all weekend. Lots of work and not enough brain power to dissect what is going on in PV right now. It is an exhausting conundrum that poor Aarti is in and it makes my head spin just thinking about it!

But I have been stalking all weekend and I loved reading all the intense discussions about Aarti keeping the truth from Yash vs. Yash not really trying to find out the truth in any proactive way. Here is my two cents on it, which you can consider sort of a general reply to all the takes that I read!

To start off, I think Yash is a self-centered person, note, not selfish but self-centered. In this way he is the polar opposite of Aarti because she is primarily selfless and works with the interests of others in her mind. Saddled with their respective baggage from the past, they represent these two extremes. This is why Yash was only ever as interested in Aartis past as concerned his own interest. Before the wedding, his motivation behind learning about her past was to establish that Aarti had loved her first husband deeply, to ensure that she would not try to replace Arpita in his life. He was least bothered with Aarti the person, or her husband as long as it meant that Arpita was not compromised her place in his life.

Things changed when he actually began to have feelings for Aarti, and see her as more than his kids mother. There is this territorial, possessive side that is coming out in him at the thought of someone knowing Aarti, or being closer to her than him, he tries to fix such a situation immediately. The first example of this was with Aman in Mumbai, where I believe that the reason Yash felt anything above a strong friendship with Aarti, was because of the jealousy Amans presence and his intimacy with Aarti induced. I also believe that it was that territorial feeling that led to uss raat, because Yash wanted to somehow be closer to Aarti than Aman was, which caused him to assert his physical attraction and claim her desires in turn.

And it is not much different now. Yash can sense Aartis unease, he can sense that there is something to her that she shares with the Dubeys but not him, and that makes him hugely territorial. I feel like the pull the Dubeys have on Aarti and therefore Ansh is starting to grate on Yash, but he is a gentleman and so does not express that directly, knowing what they mean to Aarti. Also, being the rational person he is, he is taking into account all the factors that surround the situation. Aarti is pregnant and cant be stressed out, which he possibly believes that directly questioning her could lead to, so instead he is trying his best to instill confidence in her to come out with the truth, whatever that is, on her own terms.

Also, I was thinking from a different angle, why should it necessarily be colored negatively that Yash does not feel curiosity about Aartis past? The one time he asked her about it, when the anniversary topic came up (a loop that has not been closed, btw, that both Aartis weddings happened on the same date, it was merely in small talk and not really out of genuine curiosity. I am thinking, what if Yash really does not care to know more about Aartis past unless it is something that is bothering her in the present? It sort of fits in with what we have been hypothesising all along, that he will not be as hurt by the fact that Prashant is still alive, as he will be by the fact that Aarti failed to tell him that herself. I guess what I am trying to say is that the way Yash is acting is not as simple as him being curious or not, but why he is curious and how he chooses to address that with Aarti.

As for Aarti, I just feel terrible for her. With that one word, shayad, Shobha shot down Aartis will to tell Yash the truth because if she does and he refuses the BMT, then she would have effectively killed Prashant, or so the Dubeys have led her to believe. And yet the thing to be optimistic about is that despite all the Dubeys direct manipulations, Yashs voice is coming through, loud and clear. Before Prashants cancer, I dont think Aarti wanted to tell Yash the truth... it was more of an obligation. But now that she knows and the Dubeys have put such a huge decision on her shoulders, she is dying to tell Yash, as she said herself, and is held back by the Dubeys words.

And the new promo! Oh lord, what does it mean?! How awkward would that be for Aarti? Then again, part of the problem all this time is that she has been able to separate her Dubey life from her Scindia life and shuttle between the two, without them having to mix at all. It might actually bring the whole issue to a head if she perceives the strong, bold line she has drawn between the two blurring, with Prahsant at SM...we shall see!
Deepti1808 thumbnail
Hai dayya. You guys naa 
Angel seriously a vaccination list. LOL

Deepti1808 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ssroomani

Deepti, you cannot forget my name so easily!  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†   I am Shobha,  pls call me Shobs!    When I first joined the DC, I wished Mrs. Dubey was called anything but Shobha...it was rather disconcerting to read that name in almost every post...but now I have got used to it!  πŸ˜†  πŸ˜†

No wonder, my mind refuses to accept anyone other than Mrs D as Shobha.
Shobs it is then !!!
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

LOL! Sorry Di I tend to forget that I'm still a few dozen years away from all those experiences and have gazillion more things to learn😳 Maaf ki jiye

inlieu: I think you've just spoken everything that I've found irritable about this entire story. Since I don't want to raise my blood pressure I'm going to skip the long response and say EXCELLENT post!!!!! Fantastic!!! So many things get forgotten when we lose sight of all the factors. Great write-up!
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hai dayya. You guys naa 

Angel seriously a vaccination list. LOL

I'm always interested to call it up on the CV's for the science they involve in the show.πŸ˜† Also @Zett is a nurse I think😳( as she always mentions doing the rounds on floors!😳) maybe we should ask her!πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by AngelDark - 11 years ago
Deepti1808 thumbnail
@Sam: WOW you know Yash better than most of us.
Got to hand it to you.
USS RAAT as a means to stake claim !!!
Oh you make Yash sound like tarzan all caveman-ish and all. 
Interesting very very interesting.

But isn't Yash selfless himself.
He is kind and considerate and goes out of his way to help others. (Read Neelam)

But in case of matters of the heart maybe you are right.