Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

ilovepyaar

IF-Sizzlerz

ilovepyaar

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Shwetasri-

Purvi is selfless. She did all that for her mother, not for her. Her mother would get the happiness. After what she did, her mother would leave her and go live in the D house. She did this out of her love for her mother. How come you guys can't see this?!

Selfish is a person who is self-centred, self-seeking, self-interested. And Purvi is none of these.

Just answer a question, whom would you choose - Your lover(whom you know for just 4/5 months) OR Your mother(who is nourishing you with her unconditional love for the past 18 years)?

@Bold
-- Obviously many people would choose their mother. However, in Purvi's case it wasn't a simple mother or lover choice. If she just chose not to marry Arjun, then nobody would call her selfish. However, for her OWN family, she ruined Arjun's life by emotionally blackmailing him when he had nothing to do with Archana/Manav's problems in the first place. That's what made her selfish.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dumbo15HillyloveFireLordPhoenix

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "PURVI IS SELFISH (Page 3)" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Shwetasri-

Goldie

-Shwetasri-

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ilovepyaar

Purvi is selfless. She did all that for her mother, not for her. Her mother would get the happiness. After what she did, her mother would leave her and go live in the D house. She did this out of her love for her mother. How come you guys can't see this?!

Selfish is a person who is self-centred, self-seeking, self-interested. And Purvi is none of these.

Just answer a question, whom would you choose - Your lover(whom you know for just 4/5 months) OR Your mother(who is nourishing you with her unconditional love for the past 18 years)?

@Bold
-- Obviously many people would choose their mother. However, in Purvi's case it wasn't a simple mother or lover choice. If she just chose not to marry Arjun, then nobody would call her selfish. However, for her OWN family, she ruined Arjun's life by emotionally blackmailing him when he had nothing to do with Archana/Manav's problems in the first place. That's what made her selfish.

Well, Arjun respects Manav and Manav is no less than a god-father for him. Why else did he chose to leave the OVT company and let Manav stay? That was Manav's problem if he couldn't keep his personal and professional life separate. 
So, Arjun had to do with ArMan problems.

She didn't do this for her...she did it for her mother. She was desperate to help her mother out and she did what she thought was the best way possible to help her. She wasn't selfish in anyway.

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Just a question ...when a guy chooses his mom over a girl in a love affair what is it called ? Just or unjust ?

She had a full right to refuse to marry him . I would not call her selfish for that . But she made him marry a girl he did not love by asking him to undergo a 'test' of love . Thats where she crossed bounds . No one in love has to undergo any tests ...by the guy , by the guy's mother , even by the girls mother and the girl herself . Here we see Archana taking Arjun's test and then Purvi taking his test , this is downright demeaning to any guy and very unfair . I know this is kudiyon ka zamana but women rebelled against dowry and these tests for years till their  voices were heard . The same rules apply to naive guys like Arjun too .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 18 November 2012 at 7:36pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

HillyloveJulieDFireLordPhoenixilovepyaarDabulls23

ilovepyaar

IF-Sizzlerz

ilovepyaar

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged

@Bold

Well, Arjun respects Manav and Manav is no less than a god-father for him. Why else did he chose to leave the OVT company and let Manav stay? That was Manav's problem if he couldn't keep his personal and professional life separate. 

She didn't do this for her...she did it for her mother. She was desperate to help her mother out and she did what she thought was the best way possible to help her. She wasn't selfish in anyway.

What I mean to say is whatever happened between Manav/Archana really had nothing to do with Arjun. He wasn't part of it. It was mainly between Manav/Archana and Savita. Their direct families would be involved (Purvi, Ovi, Teju, Sulochana, etc).

Anyways, what makes Purvi selfish is the fact that she only thought about her mother. I'm not saying what she did was for herself, but she didn't care if Arjun's life or Ovi's life got ruined because of this... just as long as she could get her mother's happiness back. She was doing this for her own mother at the risk of ruining so many lives. She didn't care about anyone except her mother.

It's just my opinion.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dumbo15adittyHillyloveFireLordPhoenixkoolsadhu1000Dabulls23

-Shwetasri-

Goldie

-Shwetasri-

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:47am | IP Logged

@Bold

What I mean to say is whatever happened between Manav/Archana really had nothing to do with Arjun. He wasn't part of it. It was mainly between Manav/Archana and Savita. Their direct families would be involved (Purvi, Ovi, Teju, Sulochana, etc).

Anyways, what makes Purvi selfish is the fact that she only thought about her mother. I'm not saying what she did was for herself, but she didn't care if Arjun's life or Ovi's life got ruined because of this... just as long as she could get her mother's happiness back. She was doing this for her own mother at the risk of ruining so many lives. She didn't care about anyone except her mother.

It's just my opinion.

I respect your opinion. But, I see this in a slightly different way. After what she did, the D family's life got happier ( 5 people) and she ruined the life of 2 people. Well, this was a better deal. 
Moreover, Arjun hails from Canada and all this "Test of Love" shit, he could have easily taken his stand and told Purvi that if she is not going to marry him, fine...but he won't marry someone else just because she is telling him to.

I think that the reason, ArVi are not married is because both of them took the wrong decision...that means both are to be blamed equally. I just don't get it why only Purvi is being blamed when what she tried to do was just re-unite a shattering family than creating a family.

-Shwetasri-

Goldie

-Shwetasri-

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

Just a question ...when a guy chooses is mom over a girl in a love affair what is it called ? Just or unjust ?

She had a full right to refuse to marry him . I would not call her selfish for that . But she made him marry a girl he did not love by asking him to undergo a 'test' of love . Thats where she crossed bounds . No one in love has to undergo any tests ...by the guy , by the guy's mother , even by the girls mother and the girl herself . Here we see Archana taking Arjun's test and then Purvi taking his test , this is downright demeaning to any guy and very unfair . I know this is kudiyon ka zamana but women rebelled against dowry and these tests for years till their  voices were heard . The same rules apply to naive guys like Arjun too .

Firstly, if his mom is right and not a cunning one then off-course it is just. A mother is way above someone's love (if the mother is not evil) for everybody...be it a girl or a boy.

And about this "Test of Love" thing...Arjun is to be blamed for it, not Purvi. He is an adult and he has the brain to take his stand and his decision himself. He could have refused. 

Well, I would compare this "test of love" with something like a person asking you to commit suicide and you do it just because he/she told you to do it. So, it was you who didn't have the brain to think and refuse.

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:30am | IP Logged
So the person who puts the test forward is absolutely not at fault ? Granted the one who accepts giving these tests naively deserves everything coming to him but the one who dared to 'test' a person is not judgemental or at fault ?

Why do we blame those who take dowries then ? According to this reasoning only the ones accepting the dowry demands r at fault , right , not the ones demanding it ? Then why has law made a jail term for those who demand it '? The victims who give it r 
  'adults' !

Putting the whole blame on Arjun while this girl goes scot free isn't fair in my opinion .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 18 November 2012 at 7:38pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dumbo15JulieDHillyloveFireLordPhoenixilovepyaarDabulls23

-Shwetasri-

Goldie

-Shwetasri-

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

So the person who puts the test forward is absolutely not at fault ? Granted the one who accepts giving these tests naively deserves everything coming to him but the one who dared to 'test' a person is not judgemental or at fault ?

Why do we blame those who take dowries then ? According to this reasoning only the ones accepting the dowry demands r at fault , right , not the ones demanding it ? Then why has law made a jail term for those who demand it '? The victims who give it r 'adults' !

Putting the whole blame on Arjun while this girl goes scot free isn't fair in my opinion .

Asking for dowry and giving them a promise is a completely different thing. Do you go to jail for giving your friend a promise saying - "Tujhe meri kasam, do this thing".

And, I have already stated that - ArVi's separation is not just because of Purvi...it is because of ArVi i.e. Arjun and Purvi both.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top