PURVI IS SELFISH - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
More like SELFLESS. she doesn't think of herself, jsut everyone else's happiness, or thinks what she can do may help the other even if it means loneliness and such for her own - she's anything but selfish. 

she didnt care she'd be ruining her own marriage, but did for her aai- ie being selfless
she wanted to break off relations with Arjun when AK got engage to Ovi jsut so Ovi wouldn't be mad - again selfless
she agreed to Ovi b/c she "loves" AK, and thought Archana would get her family back- again selfless

Purvi doesn't ask anything for herself- she just gives and gives and gives, even when she seriously shouldn't ðŸ˜³

She's ruined her own life just for other's happiness, forgetting she's put herself in a mess. So i don't see how she's selfish 
Edited by eshaaax3. - 11 years ago
Selfish..yes.
Helpless..also yes.

Selfish Heck Yes
Helpless Heck NO
Manipulative Heck Yes
This story seemed like Archana-Manav-Sharvni...
But though in this shravni backed out n reunited Arman..
Purvi she not only ruined her own life but also 2 peoples lifr how come she can do this to others,Yaar c'mon always think about every1 happiness that doesn't seems right...
I agree with u Ruchika...
@ prity ur view is accpeted but purvi has done selfishness with arjun n ovi...
Purvi is selfless. She did all that for her mother, not for her. Her mother would get the happiness. After what she did, her mother would leave her and go live in the D house. She did this out of her love for her mother. How come you guys can't see this?!

Selfish is a person who is self-centred, self-seeking, self-interested. And Purvi is none of these.

Just answer a question, whom would you choose - Your lover(whom you know for just 4/5 months) OR Your mother(who is nourishing you with her unconditional love for the past 18 years)?
purvi is not selfish at all..she did for her mother happiness unlike ovi who did everything only for her self... if i would have been in purvi's place i would have choosed both n kicked off that another useless n not needed person...   as in short purvi should have kicked JLO off or pushed her off the cliff n get married to arjun ...   if she has done this or if she will ever do this then u all can call her SELFISH, n etc n etc..
Originally posted by -Shwetasri-

Purvi is selfless. She did all that for her mother, not for her. Her mother would get the happiness. After what she did, her mother would leave her and go live in the D house. She did this out of her love for her mother. How come you guys can't see this?!

Selfish is a person who is self-centred, self-seeking, self-interested. And Purvi is none of these.

Just answer a question, whom would you choose - Your lover(whom you know for just 4/5 months) OR Your mother(who is nourishing you with her unconditional love for the past 18 years)?

@Bold
-- Obviously many people would choose their mother. However, in Purvi's case it wasn't a simple mother or lover choice. If she just chose not to marry Arjun, then nobody would call her selfish. However, for her OWN family, she ruined Arjun's life by emotionally blackmailing him when he had nothing to do with Archana/Manav's problems in the first place. That's what made her selfish.
Originally posted by ilovepyaar

@Bold
-- Obviously many people would choose their mother. However, in Purvi's case it wasn't a simple mother or lover choice. If she just chose not to marry Arjun, then nobody would call her selfish. However, for her OWN family, she ruined Arjun's life by emotionally blackmailing him when he had nothing to do with Archana/Manav's problems in the first place. That's what made her selfish.

Well, Arjun respects Manav and Manav is no less than a god-father for him. Why else did he chose to leave the OVT company and let Manav stay? That was Manav's problem if he couldn't keep his personal and professional life separate. 
So, Arjun had to do with ArMan problems.

She didn't do this for her...she did it for her mother. She was desperate to help her mother out and she did what she thought was the best way possible to help her. She wasn't selfish in anyway.

Just a question ...when a guy chooses his mom over a girl in a love affair what is it called ? Just or unjust ?

She had a full right to refuse to marry him . I would not call her selfish for that . But she made him marry a girl he did not love by asking him to undergo a 'test' of love . Thats where she crossed bounds . No one in love has to undergo any tests ...by the guy , by the guy's mother , even by the girls mother and the girl herself . Here we see Archana taking Arjun's test and then Purvi taking his test , this is downright demeaning to any guy and very unfair . I know this is kudiyon ka zamana but women rebelled against dowry and these tests for years till their  voices were heard . The same rules apply to naive guys like Arjun too .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by -Shwetasri-

Well, Arjun respects Manav and Manav is no less than a god-father for him. Why else did he chose to leave the OVT company and let Manav stay? That was Manav's problem if he couldn't keep his personal and professional life separate. 
So, Arjun had to do with ArMan problems.

She didn't do this for her...she did it for her mother. She was desperate to help her mother out and she did what she thought was the best way possible to help her. She wasn't selfish in anyway.

What I mean to say is whatever happened between Manav/Archana really had nothing to do with Arjun. He wasn't part of it. It was mainly between Manav/Archana and Savita. Their direct families would be involved (Purvi, Ovi, Teju, Sulochana, etc).

Anyways, what makes Purvi selfish is the fact that she only thought about her mother. I'm not saying what she did was for herself, but she didn't care if Arjun's life or Ovi's life got ruined because of this... just as long as she could get her mother's happiness back. She was doing this for her own mother at the risk of ruining so many lives. She didn't care about anyone except her mother.

It's just my opinion.