Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

Thanks minu, but I mostly know the order of avatar follow the evolution chain, matsya kurma baraha and nrishingha bamana. So bali will be prahlad's grandson and he will be dominated in vamana Avatar.

And actually I thought Bali being brought in was typical DKDM time warp. Can you verify if Bali indeed led the asura's during manthan? I knew it as  he did not, also because he was not the king of asuras but he was the king of the daityas. and Samudra manthan does not have any  asura leader name mentioned.

BTW: Vishnu gave Uchhaisrava to Bali, but didn't all the findings go to the Devatas in one pretext of other. uchhaisrava went to Vishnu right? And also rahu disguised as a Deva coz Vishnu in Mohini avatar was  skillfully distributing entire amrit to Devas.
This is what I remember.
Tan, had posted about Bali here
SM is described in detail in SB, so checked it properly the 8th skandha, where this story is given in detail. check the post on 3rd or 4th pg too, a shloka mentions Virochan as Bali's father. Prahlad & Shukracharya blesses Bali for victory over Trilokas.
Asuras got Uchhashrava, Varuni, contarary to everything going to Devas. Devas got Airavat, which previously belonged to Indra, Kalpavriksh, Rambha went to Devloka. Kaustubh gem, Sharang bow, Panchjanya was kept by Vishnuji. Devas had lost everything. So considering Asuras got 2 things Devas 3, with Kamdhenu going to Rishis. Was this actually that unjustified?
Yes Rahu's part is right.
In DKDM they have shown even Mohini wsa ready to give Amrit to Asuras but due to Rahu's cheating everything was disturbed.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrate

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Narasima avatar (Page 5)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tarakari

@Minaxi, can you please post some mantras or shlokas on narsimha?
I remember this one,
" OM Ugravira MahaVishnu Jwalantam sarvatomukham I
Nrusiham bhishanam bhadram mrityur mrityo namanyaham II"
It is done for protection from accidents, also done by solders in Arm forces.
Nrishah-Lakshmi stotra & Sahastra naam too are there, in text, if I get the link will share here.

Edited by mnx12 - 18 November 2012 at 10:52am

sia221

IF-Rockerz

sia221

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Narsimha Avtaar killing Hirayanakashyap has to be the most TACTFUL killing in the history of Asurs.. This story never ceases to amaze me even today.. I m glad they showed it in the show.. But the best part of story telling was Parvati taking part in it too.. So nicely she explained the vardaan part..Pls CVs continue in the same way.. Smile

Sandytatsme

Gopikaa

IF-Dazzler

Gopikaa

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
I loved the episode yesterday. The story telling part  was the best with Shiv and Parvati both taking part in it along with others in Kailash. Actors in Narsimha story again very good. Clap

Sandytatsme

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tarakari

@Minaxi, can you please post some mantras or shlokas on narsimha?

The Gayatri for Narasimha:

OM vajranakhaya Vidmahe Tiksnadamstraya Deemahi
Tanno Narasimha Prajodayat

May we meditate (deemahi) on the One possessing (Vidmahe) claws that are strong like a diamond (vajranakhaya) and the One who destroys the darkness of ignorance ( Tiksnadamstraya )

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sindhu_usmnx12jayvenk

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

I remember this one,
" OM Ugravirya MahaVishnu Jwalantam sarvatomukham I
Nrusiham bhishanam bhadram mrityu mrityu namanyaham II"
It is done for protection from accidents, also done by solders in Arm forces.
Nrishah-Lakshmi stotra & Sahastra naam too are there, in text, if I get the link will share here.

I would like give some more information on this sloka.

This sloka is called Mantra Raja Paada Stotram and interestingly, is said to have been composed by Lord Shiva himself. There are 13 verses, of which Minakshi had quoted the first one.

The meaning for this verse is as follows (I have made small corrections in it . Minakshi - I hope have no objection)

OM Ugram Veeram Mahavishnum: Oh Maha Vishnu- who is  ferocious and brave

Jwalantam Sarvatomukham : WHose heat and light pervades everywhere.

Nrisimham Bheeshanam Bhadram : Narasimha who is  terrifying to look at and auspicious too

Mrityor Mrityu Namamyham : You are the Death of death itself, I bow to you

Edited by varaali - 17 November 2012 at 3:29am

mnx12Sandytatsmejayvenk

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 3:23am | IP Logged

varaali, this Mantra, I wrote from memory, it is one of my favourite mantra.
It may be Bhishanam, means large, very big
Checked it is,

Om Ugraviram MahaVishnum  jwalantam sarvato mukham I

Nrisiham bhishanam bhadram mritur mritum namamyaham II

Edited by mnx12 - 17 November 2012 at 3:34am

varaaliSandytatsmejayvenk

Sandytatsme

IF-Dazzler

Sandytatsme

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Am very excited and happy to see Narsimha avatar. Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.