Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

jayvenk

IF-Rockerz

jayvenk

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

This is the exact boon Hiranyakashipu  asked from Brahma [ Srimad Bhagavatham ,Skanda 7, Adhyaya 3 verses 35- 38]

O my lord, O best of the givers of benediction, if you will kindly grant me the benediction I desire, please let me not meet death from any of the living entities created by you.

Grant me that I not die within any residence or outside any residence, during the daytime or at night, nor on the ground or in the sky. Grant me that my death not be brought by any being other than those created by you, nor by any weapon, nor by any human being or animal.

Grant me that I not meet death from any entity, living or nonliving. Grant me, further, that I not be killed by any demigod or demon or by any great snake from the lower planets. Since no one can kill you in the battlefield, you have no competitor. Therefore, grant me the benediction that I too may have no rival. Give me sole lordship over all the living entities and presiding deities, and give me all the glories obtained by that position. Furthermore, give me all the mystic powers attained by long austerities and the practice of yoga, for these cannot be lost at any time.

Thank u varaali.. My grammar teacher would have been appalled  at the summary  i made of this paragraph. Shocked

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Narasima avatar (Page 3)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 8:52am | IP Logged
i had this 10 page book,maybe its still somewhere,that has a cover Narsimha with Hirayakashyap on his lap having torn open his chest...i still have that book somewhere
i have read that book so many times
love the story and i am so happy ro revisit it!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-DeewaniRimi

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Ashol Sundari: Koi Apne Bete ke saath aise kaise kar sakta hai?

I remember asking granny and Mom same questionLOL

DeewaniRimi

chocolate_boy

IF-Rockerz

chocolate_boy

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Baapre so many MEs so much work for the team.

-Gitanjali-DeewaniRimi

foram.

IF-Stunnerz

foram.

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 9:05am | IP Logged
wow thanx all for this.

DeewaniRimi

Tinacool

IF-Dazzler

Tinacool

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Thanks for the Narsimha link Hema. Big smile

DeewaniRimi

MrToolConfuser

IF-Sizzlerz

MrToolConfuser

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged
I guess they're clearing that fact about Bali's statement being pehlad's family member Approve. The story and specially little angel's expressions was Thumbs Upawsome.

Edited by MrToolConfuser - 16 November 2012 at 9:56am

DeewaniRimi

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 10:04am | IP Logged
So next week too 45 mins epi. Their ME schedule must have got good response.
Narsimha avatar's story is told by Shivji as it happened before Kurma avatar, hope that clears the doubt of many of Bali shown here is Prhlad's grandson only.

LeadNitrateDeewaniRimi

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.