And Lord Shiva is the best Justice giver

I love him too
Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Jayvenk-

Add one more thing:

He asked that he  should be killed neither during the day nor night- hence he is killed in the evening.

Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
ahh yes i felt i was missing out something  thank u varaali. 👍🏼
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
 jayvenk add boon to the first post

Moral

No matter how clever you think you are you can never outsmart God

you can wen him only with love 
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This is the exact boon Hiranyakashipu  asked from Brahma [ Srimad Bhagavatham ,Skanda 7, Adhyaya 3 verses 35- 38]

O my lord, O best of the givers of benediction, if you will kindly grant me the benediction I desire, please let me not meet death from any of the living entities created by you.

Grant me that I not die within any residence or outside any residence, during the daytime or at night, nor on the ground or in the sky. Grant me that my death not be brought by any being other than those created by you, nor by any weapon, nor by any human being or animal.

Grant me that I not meet death from any entity, living or nonliving. Grant me, further, that I not be killed by any demigod or demon or by any great snake from the lower planets. Since no one can kill you in the battlefield, you have no competitor. Therefore, grant me the benediction that I too may have no rival. Give me sole lordship over all the living entities and presiding deities, and give me all the glories obtained by that position. Furthermore, give me all the mystic powers attained by long austerities and the practice of yoga, for these cannot be lost at any time.

Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
thanks Varali

this was my favorite bed time story along with goldie lox😆
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: varaali

This is the exact boon Hiranyakashipu  asked from Brahma [ Srimad Bhagavatham ,Skanda 7, Adhyaya 3 verses 35- 38]

O my lord, O best of the givers of benediction, if you will kindly grant me the benediction I desire, please let me not meet death from any of the living entities created by you.

Grant me that I not die within any residence or outside any residence, during the daytime or at night, nor on the ground or in the sky. Grant me that my death not be brought by any being other than those created by you, nor by any weapon, nor by any human being or animal.

Grant me that I not meet death from any entity, living or nonliving. Grant me, further, that I not be killed by any demigod or demon or by any great snake from the lower planets. Since no one can kill you in the battlefield, you have no competitor. Therefore, grant me the benediction that I too may have no rival. Give me sole lordship over all the living entities and presiding deities, and give me all the glories obtained by that position. Furthermore, give me all the mystic powers attained by long austerities and the practice of yoga, for these cannot be lost at any time.

Thank u varaali.. My grammar teacher would have been appalled  at the summary  i made of this paragraph. 😲
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i had this 10 page book,maybe its still somewhere,that has a cover Narsimha with Hirayakashyap on his lap having torn open his chest...i still have that book somewhere
i have read that book so many times
love the story and i am so happy ro revisit it!
Ashol Sundari: Koi Apne Bete ke saath aise kaise kar sakta hai?

I remember asking granny and Mom same question😆
chocolate_boy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Baapre so many MEs so much work for the team.