Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Stalwart. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
FRIENDS FOUND SOMETHING NEW AGAIN READ IT...
(1) In 11 sarg of balkand of Valmiki Ramayan when Vishwamitraji asked to take Ram along with him in jungle to do fight devils then King Dashrath states to Vishwamitra that the age of Sri Ram is only 15 years, so Sri Ram is unable to fight against devils. Shloka is as under-

(Oonshodashvarsho) 15 years of age (Me Ramo) my son Ram (Rajeevlochanaha) having eyes like lotus i.e., age of my lotus eyed son Ram, is only 15 years. (Na) not (Yudhyogyatamasya) capable to fight war (Pashyami) see (Saha) with (Rakshasaihi) devils. i.e., I don't see that he is capable to fight war against the devils.

When Sri Ram reached Mithilapuri along with Vishwamitra ji then King Janak told Vishwamitraji in 24th sarg of Balkand, Valmiki Ramayan (comments written by Paramhansa Sh.Jagdishwaranandji Saraswati that Bhagwan Ram looks like a Devta. He is like elephant, lion and bull and warrior is very active. His eyes are like lotus. He is holding sword, bow and quiver. In beauty he is handsome like Ashwani Kumar. He is full of youth i.e., he is quite young. In the matter of youth, Valmikiji has used the word-
"Samupasthityowvanau"

Meaning being "entered in full young stage". According to Vedas, minimum age of marriage for a boy is 25 years and all Ayurvedic granths etc., clearly state that full young age starts from 25 years. So, Shri Ramji went with Vishwamitraji at the age of 15 years. He served and looked after Shri Vishwamitraji, who was doing his pious Yajyen. In this process, when Shri Ram reached Mithilapuri i.e., Janak's Kingdom, he became 25 years of age and Sita Mata, at that time was of 18 years.

In this connection, Atharvaveda mantra 11/5/18 states:-
"BRAHAMCHARYEIN KANYA YUVAANUM VINDATE PATIM."
i.e., by maintaining brahamcharya, a girl gets young husband. So, the period of Brahamcharya, in case of girl starts from 18 years of age and not 6 years of age.

(2) In Balkand sarg 1 shloka 13 of Valmiki Ramayana (commented by Paramhansa Sh. Jagdishwaranandji Saraswati) Valmikiji states about Sri Ram that Sri Ram was "ved vedang tatvajyenha' i.e., he was learned of Vedas and in Vedas, maths and science subjects are given in detail.
Varnita. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanu so much for sharing this Wonderful information Krishni! Since the childhood I have been told and so I am imagining that Sita's Age was 16 and Ram's age was 18 at the time they married and after remaining in Ayodhya for one or two years Ram got exiled. Later when I found the fact that Valmiki Ramayana says She was just 6 years old it was shocking for me and my heart was just not able to accept it! The reason is because 6 years is beyond my imagination, I mean even for child marriage it is so young and if Sita got married at 6 then at that time Shrutkirti must be 2-3 years at that time, So does it mean that Shatrugan married a 3 years old Shrutkirti? πŸ˜•
Well I agree with this writer, Ramayan is being written thousands years ago and during this time no one knows how much distortion is being done to it or the one we have is original or not! 
The information he has given about Sita's age seems accurate for me, Sita being 16 during marriage is much digestable and makes more sense :)

But there is still something in this article I am finding odd! He has written that Ram was 16 when Vishwamitraji took him for killing demons, we all know that in the same journey Ram went to Janakpuri and married Sita, Right? And At the same time the writer is saying that Ram got married at the age of 23 since he remained in Ayodhya for 2 years after marriage and got exiled at 25.
Does it makes sense? πŸ˜• The journey of Ram with Vishwamitra was not so long I think. The writer is clearly saying here that it took complete eight years in the process from Killing Taraka to marring Sita! πŸ˜•
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
There was once a discussion in the Ramayan Forum of Ndtv Imagine regarding Sita's age. See here: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1145101?pn=16
It goes more into detail how in Valmiki Ramayan itself, there are three contradictions to Ram and Sita's age.

1) Dashrath says Ram is 16 at the time of going with Vishvamitra.

2) Kaushalya says Ram remained at Ayodhya for 1 year before going on vanvaas.

3) Sita says she stayed at Ayodhya for 12 years before going on vanvaas, and that her age then was 18. Ram was 23 then, so if that is true then he had to have been 11 years at the time of marriage, contradicting Dashrath's words.πŸ˜•
Varnita. thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

But didn't Dashrath say Ram was 16 years when he left with Vishvamitra?😲 He was not with Vishvamitra for years, it was only a few weeks or months before he went to Mithila and wed Sita. So either Ram and Sita were 16 or 12, or they were 23 and 16.πŸ˜•

Regardless of what Ram's age was, I'd like to think Sita was 16 so I'll just believe that.🀣

OMG Janu, I didnt even have read your comment earlier before posting mine πŸ˜²πŸ˜† You also have caught up same thing! Ahh, Great minds think alike πŸ€£
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Krishni51

FRIENDS FOUND SOMETHING NEW AGAIN READ IT...

(1) In 11 sarg of balkand of Valmiki Ramayan when Vishwamitraji asked to take Ram along with him in jungle to do fight devils then King Dashrath states to Vishwamitra that the age of Sri Ram is only 15 years, so Sri Ram is unable to fight against devils. Shloka is as under-

(Oonshodashvarsho) 15 years of age (Me Ramo) my son Ram (Rajeevlochanaha) having eyes like lotus i.e., age of my lotus eyed son Ram, is only 15 years. (Na) not (Yudhyogyatamasya) capable to fight war (Pashyami) see (Saha) with (Rakshasaihi) devils. i.e., I don't see that he is capable to fight war against the devils.

When Sri Ram reached Mithilapuri along with Vishwamitra ji then King Janak told Vishwamitraji in 24th sarg of Balkand, Valmiki Ramayan (comments written by Paramhansa Sh.Jagdishwaranandji Saraswati that Bhagwan Ram looks like a Devta. He is like elephant, lion and bull and warrior is very active. His eyes are like lotus. He is holding sword, bow and quiver. In beauty he is handsome like Ashwani Kumar. He is full of youth i.e., he is quite young. In the matter of youth, Valmikiji has used the word-
"Samupasthityowvanau"

Meaning being "entered in full young stage". According to Vedas, minimum age of marriage for a boy is 25 years and all Ayurvedic granths etc., clearly state that full young age starts from 25 years. So, Shri Ramji went with Vishwamitraji at the age of 15 years. He served and looked after Shri Vishwamitraji, who was doing his pious Yajyen. In this process, when Shri Ram reached Mithilapuri i.e., Janak's Kingdom, he became 25 years of age and Sita Mata, at that time was of 18 years.

In this connection, Atharvaveda mantra 11/5/18 states:-
"BRAHAMCHARYEIN KANYA YUVAANUM VINDATE PATIM."
i.e., by maintaining brahamcharya, a girl gets young husband. So, the period of Brahamcharya, in case of girl starts from 18 years of age and not 6 years of age.

(2) In Balkand sarg 1 shloka 13 of Valmiki Ramayana (commented by Paramhansa Sh. Jagdishwaranandji Saraswati) Valmikiji states about Sri Ram that Sri Ram was "ved vedang tatvajyenha' i.e., he was learned of Vedas and in Vedas, maths and science subjects are given in detail.

Wow, thanks for this further information, Krishna!

If one analyzes this by taking Vedas as guidance for the ages, then yes it's possible that 10 years passed of Ram being with Vishvamitra, but Valmiki Ramayan makes no reference of Ram serving Vishvamitra for years. According to the story there, they went to Mithila right after the battle with Mareech and Subahu. The journey could have taken a few weeks at the most, but definitely not years.😲

But one thing must be true. Nowhere in our scriptures does it say girls had to be married in their child years. In fact, as you said the Vedas say proper age to marry off girls is in their teen years, and for boys it's slightly older.

Ramcharitmanas mentions at the time of swayamvar that Ram was still a 'baalak' so I am thinking he was around 15-16, and Sita slightly younger since she was also mentioned as being in her youth and in the age of marriage.
Stalwart. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Varnita.

Thanu so much for sharing this Wonderful information Krishni! Since the childhood I have been told and so I am imagining that Sita's Age was 16 and Ram's age was 18 at the time they married and after remaining in Ayodhya for one or two years Ram got exiled. Later when I found the fact that Valmiki Ramayana says She was just 6 years old it was shocking for me and my heart was just not able to accept it! The reason is because 6 years is beyond my imagination, I mean even for child marriage it is so young and if Sita got married at 6 then at that time Shrutkirti must be 2-3 years at that time, So does it mean that Shatrugan married a 3 years old Shrutkirti? πŸ˜•

Well I agree with this writer, Ramayan is being written thousands years ago and during this time no one knows how much distortion is being done to it or the one we have is original or not! 
The information he has given about Sita's age seems accurate for me, Sita being 16 during marriage is much digestable and makes more sense :)

But there is still something in this article I am finding odd! He has written that Ram was 16 when Vishwamitraji took him for killing demons, we all know that in the same journey Ram went to Janakpuri and married Sita, Right? And At the same time the writer is saying that Ram got married at the age of 23 since he remained in Ayodhya for 2 years after marriage and got exiled at 25.
Does it makes sense? πŸ˜• The journey of Ram with Vishwamitra was not so long I think. The writer is clearly saying here that it took complete eight years in the process from Killing Taraka to marring Sita! πŸ˜•

I JUST❀️ WHAT YOU SAID!!!!!!!!!

I'M GETTING😑😑😑

WHY DID THEY DISTORT SUCH A GREAT ITIHAAS OF RAM😲😲😲

Edited by Krishni51 - 11 years ago
Stalwart. thumbnail
REMEMBERING SOMETHING...

I READ...KAUSHALYA'S REFERENCE OF "THESE SEVENTEEN YEARS" IS NOT SEVENTEEN BUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS.10+7+7=24...LAST SEVEN REFERS TO A SANSKRIT WORD WHICH HAS SECOND MEANING AS NUMBER SEVEN...

DONNO WHERE I'LL SEARCH...
Stalwart. thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

There was once a discussion in the Ramayan Forum of Ndtv Imagine regarding Sita's age. See here: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1145101?pn=16

It goes more into detail how in Valmiki Ramayan itself, there are three contradictions to Ram and Sita's age.

1) Dashrath says Ram is 16 at the time of going with Vishvamitra.

2) Kaushalya says Ram remained at Ayodhya for 1 year before going on vanvaas.

3) Sita says she stayed at Ayodhya for 12 years before going on vanvaas, and that her age then was 18. Ram was 23 then, so if that is true then he had to have been 11 years at the time of marriage, contradicting Dashrath's words.πŸ˜•

@JANAKI I'LL CHECK IT...THANK YOU😳
Varnita. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Krishni51

Are you sure that Vedas mentions 25 years as the appropriate age for marriage? I doubt it! πŸ˜• Even toiday in Kalyug 21 years is set as the appropriaite marriage for boys, Let alone in Treta yug πŸ˜• At that time People get married much earlier so I really doubt if 25 years age is written appropriate for marriage!
And as far as the journey with Vishwamitraji is concerned, I really dont think it is 10 years. 10 years is such a long time yarrr, Ramji not even remained in Gurukul for this long. It was then just like an another Vanvaas of Ram and Lakshmana for Dashrath and the three Mothers πŸ˜• I really think the journey was mere of few months or at most 1-2 years! 10 years is beyond my imagination!
Stalwart. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Varnita.

Are you sure that Vedas mentions 25 years as the appropriate age for marriage? I doubt it! πŸ˜• Even toiday in Kalyug 21 years is set as the appropriaite marriage for boys, Let alone in Treta yug πŸ˜• At that time People get married much earlier so I really doubt if 25 years age is written appropriate for marriage!
And as far as the journey with Vishwamitraji is concerned, I really dont think it is 10 years. 10 years is such a long time yarrr, Ramji not even remained in Gurukul for this long. It was then just like an another Vanvaas of Ram and Lakshmana for Dashrath and the three Mothers πŸ˜• I really think the journey was mere of few months or at most 1-2 years! 10 years is beyond my imagination!

MAY BE ITS CORRECT...COZ...LIFE SPAN OF PEOPLE  WOULD DEFINITELY BE MORE IN THAT ERA COMPARED TO THIS!!!!!!

SO WHAT IF THEY MARRIED AT 25!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU SAY??????????😳
Edited by Krishni51 - 11 years ago