Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks dear for sharing 

Yeah there is confusion regarding two and twelve

But if dash represents dashrath then the same shoul be mentioned many times . I mean at many places dash should be used for dashrath . Which is not the case I think
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
So Sitaji was also 16 years old at the time of marriage!😲 I did not know about the reference of vanvaas which Sita says to Ravan in Valmiki Ramayan, which means Ram and Sita were around the same age. This makes much more sense to me than to think she was 6 or 9.😳
I think it's 12  only

The little Sanskrit that I know , it's a pure language and dash woul mean dash and dash that is 10 and dash can't mean dashrath. Also she would not say ikshavaku and dashrath togather. Ikshavaku dynasty of dashrath does not make spence as the dynasty doesn't belong to dashrath. Even ram has the same dynasty 

Also if dash mean dashrath then the word should have been used at various other places also by the author  to mean dashrath which is not so
Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
Stalwart. thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

So Sitaji was also 16 years old at the time of marriage!😲 I did not know about the reference of vanvaas which Sita says to Ravan in Valmiki Ramayan, which means Ram and Sita were around the same age. This makes much more sense to me than to think she was 6 or 9.😳

@ JANAKI MY HEAD IS ROTATING IN FULL ANGLE SEEING ALL THESE...

THE ONE WHICH I POSTED EARLIER SAYS RAM COMPLETED EXILE AT 31 YRS!!!!!!!

ANOTHER CHRONOLOGY SAYS HE WAS 39 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS GOOD(2ND ONE)...ATLEAST SOME MISINTERPRETATION WAS CORRECTED I'M GLAD THAT SITA WAS ATLEAST 16YRS!!!!!!!!😆

SO RAM WAS 23YRS AT THE TIME OF MARRIAGE BUT NOT 12 YRS AND SITA WAS 16 YRS OLD BUT NOT 5(OR)6YRS...IF WE CONSIDER THEM TO BE 25 YRS AND 18 YRS RESP. WHEN THEY LEFT FOR VANVAAS!😊
Edited by Krishni51 - 11 years ago
Stalwart. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

I think it's 12  only

The little Sanskrit that I know , it's a pure language and dash woul mean dash and dash that is 10 and dash can't mean dashrath. Also she would not say ikshavaku and dashrath togather. Ikshavaku dynasty of dashrath does not make spence as the dynasty doesn't belong to dashrath. Even ram has the same dynasty 

Also if dash mean dashrath then the word should have been used at various other places also by the author  to mean dashrath which is not so

YES EVEN I FELT THE SAME😕...BUT I GUESSED SOMETHING MAY BE TO BRING PROPER RYTHM IN THE HYMN THE POET MIGHT HAVE USED IT (DASH)SPECIALLY FOR THIS ONE ONLY!!!!!😳
Could be for rhyming but how can seeta use short form for dad in law even today it may get considered as an insult then this pew as so many years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Krishni51

@ JANAKI MY HEAD IS ROTATING IN FULL ANGLE SEEING ALL THESE...

THE ONE WHICH I POSTED EARLIER SAYS RAM COMPLETED EXILE AT 31 YRS!!!!!!!

ANOTHER CHRONOLOGY SAYS HE WAS 39 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS GOOD(2ND ONE)...ATLEAST SOME MISINTERPRETATION WAS CORRECTED I'M GLAD THAT SITA WAS ATLEAST 16YRS!!!!!!!!😆

SO RAM WAS 23YRS AT THE TIME OF MARRIAGE BUT NOT 12 YRS AND SITA WAS 16 YRS OLD BUT NOT 5(OR)6YRS...IF WE CONSIDER THEM TO BE 25 YRS AND 18 YRS RESP. WHEN THEY LEFT FOR VANVAAS!😊

But didn't Dashrath say Ram was 16 years when he left with Vishvamitra?😲 He was not with Vishvamitra for years, it was only a few weeks or months before he went to Mithila and wed Sita. So either Ram and Sita were 16 or 12, or they were 23 and 16.😕

Regardless of what Ram's age was, I'd like to think Sita was 16 so I'll just believe that.🤣
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
This article also mentions that Tulsidas referred to Sita as a 'mature adult' than 'child', and during the time of swayamvar she was in teen years.

What does everyone else think? Do other sources like Adhyatma Ramayana or Kamban Ramayana or Ananda Ramayana say anything about Sita's age?
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 years ago
Stalwart. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

Could be for rhyming but how can seeta use short form for dad in law even today it may get considered as an insult then this pew as so many years ago

THIS IS ALSO RIGHT...ANYWAYS I JUST WANT TO KNOW THE VARIOUS SANSKRIT

MEANINGS OF DASHA!!!!!!!😳

I GOT SOMETHING IN MY MIND!!!!!!...SEE THOUGH THEY SPOKE IN SANSKRIT IT WOULD DEFINITELY BE IN PROSE...

THE AUTHOR OF THE TEXT WHILE WRITING IN POETRY MIGHT HAVE USED THE TERM DASH TO BRING RYTHM IN HIS HYMN!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU SAY DEAR??????