Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

JTHJ Movie discussion thread 3. (Page 73)

Post Reply New Post

Page 73 of 150

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HotMess

That's exactly why I understood her. I mean, we don't share the same beliefs. I don't base my whole life around God, though I believe in him. For Meera, God played a very huge part in her life. Just like I can't let go of my beliefs, I realized Meera can't let go of hers. Different beliefs, but same feelings towards those beliefs, you knowLOL
Exactly...If I am not ready to give up my beliefs...however stupid another person thinks they are...then why should I expect Meera to give up her beliefs even though they may sound silly to me...obviously no one's beliefs sound stupid to them...otherwise why would they follow them..LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "JTHJ Movie discussion thread 3. (Page 73)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

khoslakadhokla

IF-Rockerz

khoslakadhokla

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by srklicious

awww amazing creation dear truly loved them all. love the 3rd one the most and i must say i love the effect on ur creation its best.

Thank you so much! Embarrassed
I'm trying to improve...the sig maker I use is pretty darn easy which helps a lot LOL

Originally posted by blue-ice

Chemistry u asked??...Love it ania...Puff will be so happy with uLOL

Yeah I know..LOL couldn't think of anything and since every1 has so many doubts about it then why not this line...LOL

Originally posted by myLuvShahid-ji

U made those..
its good
the first one is more good

Yes I did :P ...thanku ji Sania ji Embarrassed The 1st one was too big ..forgot to crop it before adding effects LOL

Edited by khoslakadhokla - 17 November 2012 at 10:35pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice-SalShah4eva-

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HotMess

To be quite honest, I don't know how I feel about this movie. It has some great moments, but it also has its share of flaws. So I am going to list out the flaws before I say anything else, here goes:

FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED IT, THERE ARE SPOILERS AHEAD.

Negatives:
  • The scene where Samar invites Akira to hang from the bridge and watch him defuse a bomb up front is way too silly to be unbelievable. Akira says in the beginning of the movie that it's the job of army officers to save the lives of citizens, then why would Samar allow Akira to watch him defuse a bomb up front? 
  • I had no idea that Samar-Meera's side of the story went on for 3 years. It didn't feel like it. I would have no idea if Samar didn't say he was 28, and if I hadn't made the connection that he said he was 25 in the beginning of his story. I wish the passing of time was made more clear, but that's not a huge flaw.
  • In 1999, when we first see Zain (I'm guessing it's 1999 since Samar said he was 28 in 2002, so he must have been 25 in 1999), he makes a reference to "Sadda haq atthe rakh" even though Rockstar releases like 12 years after. Did "Sadda haq" come from somewhere else, because I personally just thought of Rockstar.
  • Katrina being a businesswoman by the age of 21 was not at all convincing. Also a modern businesswoman getting married by 21? Really? Don't want to get stereotypical, but I didn't buy it at all.
  • When Akira meets with Samar in the hope of reviving his memory, we see Samar taking Akira to his numerous job places. I found it extremely hard to believe that his colleagues from the fish market continued to work there for 10-13 years. The younger colleague also looked the same; same hairstyle and everything. It was way too unconvincing since in contrast we saw Zain becoming a big shot restaurant owner; if he could have done it, then why not the young lad from the fish market?
  • Meera is 100% Indian, then tell me why was her younger self played by a Caucasian? A young Caucasian girl with a British accent - an accent that grown up Meera lacked.
  • The climax did not have that "epic'" kind of feeling. One moment we see the confrontation in the church, and 2 scenes later we see Meera in Kashmir. I wish it actually showed her thought process - how and why did her mind suddenly change? Just her meeting Samar and suddenly saying she doesn't hold the same belief any more seemed unconvincing to me.
  • Didn't connect with Katrina's mom's story. I understand falling in love after marriage and wanting to be with them; but leaving your 12 year old daughter and not meeting her for years and all just didn't gel with me.
  • The movie needed more crisp editing. For example, as much as I loved Ishq Dance, I feel like they could have shortened that. They could have cut other portions as well.
Positives:
  • The performances - especially SRK and Anushka. I don't even have words to explain how much I loved SRK. The way he romances, emotes, cries, laughs, whatever - everything seemed so damn real! A lot of people said Anushka overreacted, but I actually loved her. As for Katrina, I had problem with her dialogue delivery but she looked like a dream. Yes, she was not that great in the crying scenes (especially the scene where she cries in the park after seeing Samar in the hospital, and the final church scene). However, I wouldn't call her expressionless. I think she did really well in some scenes. The Anu-Kat scenes though showed Anu as the winner; and SRK stole the entire movie. He was the best part.
  • The couples. If SRK-Kat were hot, SRK-Anushka were adorable. I absolutely loved seeing both of them! SRK shared great chemistry with both the girls.
  • Don't get why people keep making fun of Meera's belief. The reason for her to let go Samar was indeed silly. While I was watching it, I was like, "REALLY!?" I was totally on Samar's side. I have very modern beliefs, and Meera's totally clashed with mine. But that's the thing, my beliefs are modern, but there are still a lot of people who think like Meera, and I think it's unfair to judge. Her trust and faith in God were explained towards the start of the movie, and she was very firm in following them. And when she decided to stay away from Samar - though the reason was silly - it was because she loved him. For Meera, him being alive meant more than actually being with him; for Samar not being with her equalled to not living at all. So after reading all the stuff I read about the plot, at the end of the day, though I did not connect with Meera, I understood her. Her beliefs may seem outrageous to the modern generation, but they are what they are. Each to its own.
  • The cinematography and direction - how beautiful was everything shot! The movie seemed like a dream to watch!
  • I loved the picturization of all the songs. I was sitting near the front (literally the 2nd row because the theatre was PACKED), and on the front row, there were a bunch of kids sitting. When Jiya Re came on, they got up and started dancing. Literally the cutest moment! But yep, the songs left me in awe. They made me want to get up and groove to them!
I think I'd give the movie a 3 or 3.5/5 rating. It wasn't the BEST movie I ever watched, but it wasn't as bad as I expected - maybe because I had low expectations to begin with! It was a nice 3 hours. And the end credits made me super emotional. RIP Yash Ji.

Though unrelated to the movie, about halfway through the first hour, the couple beside me left. They were talking about how some emergency popped up so they have to go. The guy got a text and the light from his phone distracted me, and I am guessing it was regarding the emergency. And after the intermission, some other people snuck in and took the spots beside me. From what I understood from their conversation, they had already previously watched JTHJ. They snuck in because they were watching SOS in the other auditorium and left it midway because it was super annoying, and thought it'd be better to rewatch JTHJ since they didn't want their money to go to waste. I was kinda annoyed at them speaking so loud, but I was amused nonetheless. 

They said something like "Son of Sardar dekhte dekhte sardaard ho gaya. Achcha hua ke pura nahi dekha, aur woh theatre chod ke yeh film dekhne phir se agaya. Paisa toh waste nahi hua."  LOL 
AditiAngry
U listed all the negative points..i forgot to sayROFL
i was mad..suddenly..they showed meera in kashmire How come..I also wis.they showed how she..changed n what happened..yes they should edit..some scene but oh well..too Late I loved 2nd half the best..for me..especially SEK-anu was too adorableLOL
did not really liked the ending..i wish samar dies @ the endROFL
Every1 in the thater omg..samr gonna die..n all that but kuch aur hie huaROFL
but first time..what i accepted the ending..it was different actuallyLOL

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
adiit maine movie ko 3 out of 5 diyaROFL
U stop copying meAngryROFL
Just kiddingLOL

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Aditi, what do you think of their kiss? whatever u call thatROFL

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
@ Aditi...yeah the negatives that u mentioned...I will treat them as the collateral damage to trying to make a commercially viable movieLOL

TheBlackJaguar

IF-Stunnerz

TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
I am in house arrest in Mumbai. The city has shut down , man . Please entertain me . ROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice-SalShah4eva-

khoslakadhokla

IF-Rockerz

khoslakadhokla

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Aditi! That was a great review! You totally listed all the things I felt while watching JTHJ! But the film overall (especially the performances by Shah, Anu and improvement by Kat) overpowers the flaws! It really leaves you w/ a nice feeling in your heart...I was all smiles after I came out of the hall. I couldn't put a finger to what I was happy about, but it just felt good Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBlackJaguarblue-ice-SalShah4eva-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top