Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

JTHJ Movie discussion thread 3. (Page 149)

IHeartDeepika. IF-Rockerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 7:23pm | IP Logged
What didn't work for me was the flawed script..what a dumb story, seriously! Also, in my opinion Katrina didn't have it to come accross as a "Yash Chopra heroine", i don't know, I just felt like she was the same as all her other films..accented-hindi, blank expressions and just shaking her body when needed... SRK and Anushka were good, but it was too  deja vu-ish...both have done similar roles before, it was redudant. SRK was still charming though. Again, this is just my opinion.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-Nikki_Titli

chocolover89 IF-Sizzlerz
chocolover89
chocolover89

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
Pathaka, Vinod Khanna was so much better, I agree! Day Dreaming Even I wanted them to end up together!

Raja Sen says he thinks YC awayls chickened out of good endings--Chnadni, Silsila...I think he chickened out of having Samar die in this one because it was releasing on Diwali..but if he died, I guess it really would have been like Saawairya...had to watch 3 hours and they didn't even get together :S

Maddy! YES! There was no chemistry at all between Shah and Kat...you just can't feel for them as a pair. Like Somy said, it was as cold as the snow Samar was plowing when he first met her. In fact, I'd even say it was the worst pair SRK has made with anybody. Everybody used to say, Shah can create chemistry with even a tree (ie wooden plank)...Katrina  is too much of a tree for even his intense gazes to melt. Disapprove

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-

HotMess IF-Stunnerz
HotMess
HotMess

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
I didn't care much about Ishq Dance tbh. Yes she was great in it, but I felt so uncomfortable watching it with my parents. She was just shaking her assets for a couple of minutes, and I was waiting for it to end. Nonetheless, yeah she did it really well. LOL

-Mmmmm-

chocolover89 IF-Sizzlerz
chocolover89
chocolover89

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwww

Originally posted by -Maddy

Take SRK out of JTHJ, the movie would have been a total washout like Yuvraaj. 
I agree whole heartedly - SRK single handedly saved this movie. Aditya Chopra better remember that when SRK's star is fading.

I'd like to keep Aditya Chopra the writer and director far away from my Shah, even if his films are flopping left right and center. LOL

His PH's films a la CDI, bring them on, most definitely.

-Mmmmm-

-Mmmmm- Moderator
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by divine.dobrev

What didn't work for me was the flawed script..what a dumb story, seriously! Also, in my opinion Katrina didn't have it to come accross as a "Yash Chopra heroine", i don't know, I just felt like she was the same as all her other films..accented-hindi, blank expressions and just shaking her body when needed... SRK and Anushka were good, but it was too  deja vu-ish...both have done similar roles before, it was redudant. SRK was still charming though. Again, this is just my opinion.

The entire segment just before Ishq Shava where she keeps shaking her assets endlessly and vigorously was so unnecessary... It just added to the extra long length of the movie. 

Edited by -Maddy- - 19 November 2012 at 7:31pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwIHeartDeepika.chocolover89

blue-ice IF-Stunnerz
blue-ice
blue-ice

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pathaka

^^i agree maddy...

but i also think tht in those movies, u cared for those characters because they seperate for a legit reason...so when they get back ur like "omigosh thank god"
like:
pakistani girl from an orthodox islamic family cant marry a hindustani, i can buy tht...

married couple fight and seperate...thts a valid reason too...

but W*F is the reason for samar n meera seperating...even if she had said "samar, i cant go against my dad i love him too much so we'll have to seperate" i would have understood tht...
but like vigil idiot said, she "leaves" him coz she cant bear the trauma of not living without him????? and she "cares" for samars life? well wht abt his feelings bitch? ur gonna just dump him like tht for no fault of his...?
thts like saving someones life and stabbing them in the back after tht...ConfusedLOL
LOL
Just because a few of u don't get the reason ...why meera was ready to leave Samar...doesn't mean that the  reason was not legit...it was a legit reason for her and several people whose beliefs are like her...Saying that Kat was not able to depict the character is one thing...and understandable...but saying that just because u are not able to put urself in her shoes...that reason is bogus...There are people who have see the movie...and are able to understand the character even if they are not able identify with it...
These kinds of people do exist in the real world...if u have not seen anyone like them..thats another story...see just now u said that there are no daughter/mother who look like twins...and two people gave u examples of people who look uncannily similar in real life...

PuffinHypercityoblivious.

-Mmmmm- Moderator
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pathaka

^^i agree maddy...

but i also think tht in those movies, u cared for those characters because they seperate for a legit reason...so when they get back ur like "omigosh thank god"
like:
pakistani girl from an orthodox islamic family cant marry a hindustani, i can buy tht...

married couple fight and seperate...thts a valid reason too...

but W*F is the reason for samar n meera seperating...even if she had said "samar, i cant go against my dad i love him too much so we'll have to seperate" i would have understood tht...
but like vigil idiot said, she "leaves" him coz she cant bear the trauma of not living without him????? and she "cares" for samars life? well wht abt his feelings bitch? ur gonna just dump him like tht for no fault of his...?

The other day i was watching K3G for the umpteenth time... The scene in the mela(fair) where SRK is helping her with the bangles and the dialogues between them and the looks at each other... Thats chemistry... Not one scene in JTHJ came even remotely close to it. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwpathakaoblivious.chocolover89Nikki_Titli-SalShah4eva-

blue-ice IF-Stunnerz
blue-ice
blue-ice

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
Time for a new threadParty

qwwwDivya6696

Go to top