Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

JTHJ Movie discussion thread 3. (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 150

PuffinHypercity

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

madzaboutchockhoslakadhoklaHotMess

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "JTHJ Movie discussion thread 3. (Page 12)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-GoldMist-

IF-Rockerz

-GoldMist-

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:35am | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Gunjan.oblivious.PuffinHypercitytomnjerry2

oblivious.

IF-Sizzlerz

oblivious.

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:42am | IP Logged
On the way back from tuts.
Sunn gimme links to scenes na Crystal. YouTube waale.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PuffinHypercity

PuffinHypercity

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:42am | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

myriampria4everoblivious.

PuffinHypercity

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:43am | IP Logged

oblivious.

oblivious.

IF-Sizzlerz

oblivious.

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Okies jab mile then you gimme!(:

PuffinHypercity

Simranz

Groupbie

Simranz

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Jab Tak Hai Jaan is mixed with lots of expectations and great feeling towards the legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra. One would look forward to watch this film because it has been directed by Yash Chopra itself, who had taught us the new definition of love, and one would also look forward because it has been unfortunately the last film of the legend.  With great star cast, wonderful music and interesting promos, JTHJ tempts the diehard romantic lovers to enter into the cinema hall. Well, in the company of all these expectations and feelings, the makers and Yashji had blissfully delivered the viewers what they promised.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4ever-GoldMist-khoslakadhoklaPuffinHypercity

DeepShadow

Goldie

DeepShadow

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Watched the movie yesterday and honestly I was very disappointed. There were a lot of drawbacks and sadly it failed to meet my expectations. I really like Shahrukh but am very critical about the roles and movies he does. The following review maybe a little harsh but no offense to anyone who liked the movie. 

*Spoilers ahead - Please do NOT read anything ahead if you would NOT like to know the story and other specifics about the movie*

THE GOOD:

- The cinematography of the movie was beautiful. Ladhak and Kashmir were simply breathtaking. 

- The Heer song has a very haunting melody and it has been stuck in my mind ever since the movie finished. The lyrics in Punjabi are absolutely lovely and very touching and definitely not something I was expecting from AR Rahman. 

- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor were fabulous in their special appearance. Such a great pair of actors.

Unfortunately, these are possibly the ONLY few things I liked about the movie.

THE BAD:

- The story/content is the WEAKEST aspect of the entire movie. I realize some people do not care for these things but as an audience I really like to see something with good content. The writing and screenplay was very poor according to me. Boy meets girl - they fall in love - boy has accident - girl makes some stupid deal and leaves boy - boy runs and joins the army - 10 years go by - boy still loves the old girl but meets another girl but does not love her - boy goes to help new girl - boy meets with another accident - loses memory (W*F?) - some stupid stuff follows - new lover girl sacrifices and leaves - boy SUDDENLY regains memory through flashbacks (again W*F?) - runs away again to army - old love realizes she was dumb 10 years ago and goes running back to boy - THE END. Honestly, WHAT THE HELL? Especially all the stuff with the accidents and deals with God and memory loss was terrible. I was cringing so much throughout most of the second half. It was like I was literally watching an Ekta Kapoor television show being played out on the big screen. If you have NEVER watched any Ekta Kapoor show which generally stretches over 3 years, watch JTHJ and it pretty much gives you a compact 3 hour version of what her shows are like. 

- The serious lack of chemistry between Shahrukh and Katrina was very off putting. At some points it was very awkward to see them together and at other points in the movie there was simply this BLANK feeling. Absolutely zilch chemistry! To make a love story that touches peoples heart, you really need to feel for the lead couple but here I felt absolutely nothing for them. I really did not care when they fell in love, or when they parted ways or when they met again or at any other point in the movie. Shahrukh's age is really showing now and the awkwardness of being paired with very young actresses was very evident. I could have possibly liked the movie a little more had Shahrukh been paired with actresses that matched his age or actresses who did not look so ridiculously young opposite him. The way they fell in love was also very cliched and unconvincing.

- The acting was also a sore point. Katrina looked gorgeous throughout the movie but sadly her acting still needs a lot of improvement. She was not as bad as I expected but she really needs to work hard on the emotional scenes. It takes away a lot from the scenes as well as the story overall when there is firstly no chemistry between the leads and secondly the acting is underwhelming.

Anushka was lovely but she actually did overdo it in some scenes. Not sure if that is how they wanted to project her character but she could have toned it down a little. I understand she was meant to be a spirited, daring and enthusiastic youngster but she did not have to keep hopping around like a hyperactive Duracell bunny to show that to the audience. 

Shahrukh was freaking AMAZING in the Army avatar. This man has never looked this fantastic since like Chak De. That stubble, the brooding, angry glares were to die for. BUT the younger Samar Anand in the flashbacks was nothing different to his previous Raj and Rahul's. Very repetitive and again, his age does show in some scenes. The entire Ishq Shava sequence was very odd because I could very well imagine Hrithik Roshan or Shahid Kapur acing it with their awesome dancing skills, sadly, Shahrukh is not that great a dancer and he looked out of place in this uber cool hip-hop younsters dance routine. He was more intense as the army man and I loved him in those scenes particularly.

- The movie was WAY too long. It kept going and going and going and going - it did get exasperating at certain points but was fairly bearable. But they could certainly do with some chopping - specially of the ridiculous scenes where Meera keeps running to the Church and making silly deals. Plus there were too many songs in the first half - Saans, Heer, Ishq Dance, Isha Shava, Challa are all crammed into the first hours. They could have saved some time by chopping some of them out. 

THE SIMPLY RIDICULOUS:

Some things about the movie were just so unbelievable illogical and ridiculous that it made me cringe terribly:

- Why in God's name was Akira jumping off a rock in the middle of the water right at the beginning? How did she even get to that rock that was right in the center of the water without stepping into the water? And then she jumps in and realizes the water was freezing? Really? Made no sense at all ... Confused 

- Why did Meera keep running to Jesus all the time, day in and day out when she was apparently a Punjabi? And why was the Church absolutely empty at all times when Samar or Meera were there?

- The worst part was Samar and Akira hanging off the bridge and Akira rambling on about some crap when Samar was diffusing a bomb? Is that a joke? He is doing something terribly serious and a simple mistake could endanger not only their lives but also the lives of all the other soldiers around and Akira was talking about him being sexy and crap? He needs to concentrate woman, why the hell are you ranting about mindless stuff? And by the way, why is Akira not in a safety suit? She is civilian who has NO clue about how dangerous these things are and she believes hanging from a bridge is great opportunity to chat up the sexy soldier without either of them in any safety gear? Are they kidding me?

- Akira is running around in very short shorts in the midst of hundreds of men in an army camp and the freezing locales of Kashmir and Ladhakh? It looked ridiculous. I am sure there is a Code of Conduct to be followed in the midst of an army cantonment? 

- The most illogical and nonsense sequence in the entire movie has to be the one where Samar regains his memory. So he starts having flashbacks just because he hears the word BOMB? As if that was not enough, while the officers are getting everyone away from the platform, Samar comfortably strolls upto where the bomb is? In the real world, the officers would not let ANY civilian come even an inch close to such a dangerous situation. And then Samar mouths the crap about what kind of bomb it is and the officers let him through? Is this a stupid joke or do the makers of this movie have no freaking idea how the real world operates? In the real world, the officers would have pounced on Samar and considered him the terrorist or whatever because how the hell can he know so much about a bomb without as much as seeing it? That entire scene was absolute rubbish and I wish the makers did a reality check sometime while filming it. It really made NO sense whatsoever.

Overall, the movie did not work for me because of the reasons stated above. I did not mind seeing the movie in the theaters because it was the last Yash Chopra movie ever but honestly, I was expecting much better and something that was a little more real, believable and logical. Veer-Zaara was really wonderful for the very reason that the movie touched my heart and although some things about it were far fetched, I could relate to the characters, feel the love story and see the power of love but in Jab Tak Hai Jaan, NONE of that comes through. The fault lies with the very shoddy script and the not so perfect casting. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe I am too critical but as a Shahrukh fan I really wanted this movie to turn things around for him. I really feel he needs to start doing more age appropriate and more character based roles. This movie is nowhere near his performance in Swades or Chak De India, although he does look incredibly awesome in the army officer avatar, but that is only the superficial side of things. In times where movies with great stories and content like Kahaani, English Vinglish, Oh My God etc., are being appreciated and are also doing incredibly well commercially I wish Shahrukh tries something outside the box because he is being confined too much by the "romantic hero" stamp and he can definitely do so much better.

I guess, it is maybe worth a one time watch to see the picture perfect pretty world of a Yash Chopra romantic movie but don't look for a great story or anything epic. 

Edited by DeepShadow - 16 November 2012 at 3:37am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sandy552kavkm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top