Yash.Pal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Before I get down to some work, my last post of the morning!!

It is not fair to make Gauri disappear.  Granted it will take time,cost money to re-shoot some sequences for the purpose of flashbacks, but Gauri stood for breaking out of the village mould, breaking the glass ceiling and achieving success in Bombay's medical world.  That she married an already married man was wrong but that was not the first and will not be the last time it has happened.  That she lied all the time was BAD, VERY BAD, but they showed that she had become very insecure of her marriage.  She plotted a lot again caused by her insecurity and her vicious mother.

But all that having said she was shown as a normal person at the beginning and Jagya did not disclose the truth and led her on.

For right or wrong reason she stood up to the village pratha and beliefs.  I remember the time when she hugged Jagya full on in the village under a tree (Bollywood style) and the villagers came to complain to DS.  That girl had spirit. And ambition, which used in the right way would have gone far.

It is wrong that because she is now an inconvenient fact of life, we just kill her.

I know this Forum has many Gauri haters (I was one !), but I would like your views.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SiriuslySujal thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I reckon the CVs did want to have a proper, parallel redemption track for her. But then Anjum quit... and I guess they are reluctant to replace her and have a redemption track for a 'different' Gauri. However, articles at the time when Anjum quit did say that the creative team had a plan for her exit... and I reckon if they just wanted us to forget about her, they would not have made her find out she was pregnant. We still don't know what her decision was with regards to keeping the child... so I think they are keeping their options open for what to do with her character. I think the three possible options are either:

1) her mother will show up at the haveli with the child saying that Gauri died in childbirth (which I hope doesn't happen, but it'd be the easiest way for them to get rid of her character if Anjum doesn't want to return and they don't want to replace her);

2) they will reintroduce Gauri's character after Anjum gets back from her marriage/honeymoon cruise, and then the current 'gap' will be filled in by flashbacks (quite likely, I reckon, since Anjum quit on cordial terms, not because of any issues with the channel or the production house);

3) they are currently looking for a brand-new Gauri and will bring the character back at some strategic point in the story (unlikely, as I reckon we'd've heard about it in the news if they were looking for a new Gauri and there would be rumours flying around about who had been approached)

If none of these happen and they have just scrapped her character, I will be hugely disappointed in the CVs. Par mera dil kehta ki aisa nahin hoga 😊

Alternatively, the fourth option, as others have suggested, is that Gauri is dead and her aatma has gone into Saanchi 😆 If that's the case, there'll be a Maha Epi where it is revealed that Saanchi was a nice, normal girl before and has become the way she is only in recent months. Anandi will figure out that there is a distinct scientific possibility that Saanchi is possessed and take her for an exorcism to rid her of Gauri's spirit 😆
Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

ANJUM QUITTING DOESNT MEAN THE CH OF GAURI HAS TO SUFFER THE ACTOR PLAYED AROLE NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND SO ANJUM CAN BE REPLACED 

Gauri If were to disaapear what was the point of showing her prego news Dis she get an abortion?

Where is she? 

She shud be shown in some other city other than Mumabi as it was too much for her to handle she relocate to say Jaipur 

Jagat and Gauri shud meet again If they met before it was fate's doing so fate get to work again and make them meet

They shud resume their relation with maturity Jagat wanting to take responsibility of baby

They become friends again when they visit doc for baby checkup routine and then find themslves falling for the other all oiver agin and get legally married before baby is born

Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Agree with u Yash Pal...
Gauri was not such a bad character...I felt the CVs were a bit inconsistent in portraying Gauri's character...
She was simply a girl who though she had been born in a village was educated in the city, and who had therefore been re-molded by city life..Although her views were modern she was not basically a bad person...In fact if anyone should be blamed for the entire Jagya-Anandi-Gauri scenario it was Jagya himself...He lied to Gauri, made her believe he was unmarried, then for her he left Anandi, and finally on the slightest provocation he left Gauri also...

I to  feel they should bring the character back with a new actress and make Jags unite with Gauri...if at least for the sake of the child...Then there can be two parallel  tracks in the show...One the Ansh track, showing love,care and understanding in a marriage...and the second JaGa track, where they are together only for the sake of the child...or some such thing...
tijara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I dont want Gauri back. 🤢🤢🤢She is selfish, evil and immoral. Such people do not deserve to be happy. So she and Jagat should not be together. 🤢🤢🤢

This would mean that evil and immoral women win the good and loyal as Anandi. There's no excuse for her actions.

Yash.Pal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mehek25

Agree with u Yash Pal...

Gauri was not such a bad character...I felt the CVs were a bit inconsistent in portraying Gauri's character...
She was simply a girl who though she had been born in a village was educated in the city, and who had therefore been re-molded by city life..Although her views were modern she was not basically a bad person...In fact if anyone should be blamed for the entire Jagya-Anandi-Gauri scenario it was Jagya himself...He lied to Gauri, made her believe he was unmarried, then for her he left Anandi, and finally on the slightest provocation he left Gauri also...

I to  feel they should bring the character back with a new actress and make Jags unite with Gauri...if at least for the sake of the child...Then there can be two parallel  tracks in the show...One the Ansh track, showing love,care and understanding in a marriage...and the second JaGa track, where they are together only for the sake of the child...or some such thing...

Excellent post, I agree with you
ankit111 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I cd not get, how Gauri stood against village pratha. So u mean by Romance in chane ke khet me😆😆. If this is called to fight against the conservative thought of villagers for their welfare, thn ofcourse she hd done a great job, to modernize the villagers, by showing free of cost chane ke khet me type filmy romantic show😆😆 otherwise as we hv seen, she was very desperate to follow the conservative traditions, a blot in Indian society like BV for her own convenience. She put the logic of BV and destination things, to justify her action in her ACCEPTANCE and ASHIRWAAD MISSION. If u also mean by her stand against village custom by humiliating thm for not eating PIZZA, thn again she tried her best😉 again if u mean calling villagers chulla chakki wale gawar, whn u r also rooted from their and ur parents still hv the same satus, is action to improve conservative society, thn i wd applaud her for her great job👏👏 insecurity dosnt force people to go against their basic nature. If she really hd any respect for village and village people, she wd not hv given name to thm out of her insecurity, but she wd hv tried to keep nakel on her own SACHCHHA PYAAR😆😆 
As concern to her disappearance, yes i also want her back, becoz she is masala item, but tht dosnt mean tht her action is justifiable only becoz she was insecure😆 a person's real character come out in odd situation and not in favorable one. Whn it was not on her, she was giving big lecture on BV cheating and adultery, whn Jogia narrated his adventure story indisguise. But whn it came to her she took the same BV as her defense and  herself indulged in adultery😆😆 wht a woman empowerment and activist to stand for village improvement. I hv only obe word OPPORTUNIST in worst sense😆
Edited by ankit111 - 11 years ago
Yes it is not fair to make Gauri disappear. She needs to pay for her sins ..she has to feel sorry for her bad deeds...the deeds which she committed out of her OWN delusions and  insecurities. After showing her suffer and repent , then J-G can both forgive each other...embrace each other and start a new life.