Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ladyterp thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@JAM, sorry to hear about your bad experience with this family.  It is of course these life experiences that broaden one's views.  Such problems exist even in the western world.  Women staying in abusive relationships etc. is very common here in the US as well.  Think about singer Rhianna.  Why on earth would she take Chris Brown back after he was physically abusive?  Coming back to DABH, I actually like that Sandhya's character is this complex.  They made her sweet and likeable enough for us and Sooraj to fall in love with and at the same time a little complex so they don't have to rush through physical intimacy part.  Once that happens, then it is just the daily grind :-)
-Ayeshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
JAM Mujhe kaise bhul gayee...!!! 😒 Main hoon na with you defending our chhora...!!! 😈
BTW I think its totally cvs faullt, not our bindni's. They r somewhere failing to show a woman's emotion properly...!!! Specially after confessing love scene, now I feel cvs rushed it to show it in Singapore...!!! Because I never felt like why she is not falling for him cause after the things she went through, its not that easy to fall for anyone no matter how good he is as a husband...!!! And their emotional level of relationship was also improving slowly...!!! But from the terrorism track the growth of their relationship just stopped...!!! And it stopped more from Sandy's side...!!!
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: June_Anne_Mary

shehjar di you are absolutely right. Nothing is wrong in what you told. But I feel you see things only from the Sides of Sandy. All are doing the same because they are finding themselves in Sandy. Even I too find me in her. But I feel I should think from shoes of all. See I'm alone defending my boy & I'm happy with that. Now I clearly got why Sandy is behaving like this to her husband...😆

@Bold:- Hai laa JAMi.. Are you seriously finding sandy in you???ðŸ˜ē ðŸĪŠ.. Mujhe doubt hain 100%.. I think you find Sooraj in you not sandy..😕
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
JAM, I would like to put across a few points here. While you have exploitation of woman in traditional households I am now increasingly coming across women in urban areas who are well educated doing very well financially and status wise, get married but after even 10 years are unwilling to start a family as they are climbing up the professional ladder and do not want a child to stop the climb. My aunt 's daughter who is the VP  in Citibank had a love marriage with a boy whom she had known from class 9th. Both did their engineering and than went to US to do MBA and than got married at the age of 26.She is now 38 and refuses to start her family.Last week I got to know they have filed for divorce.My aunt is shattered as this girl is her only child.All their attempts to make her understand have fallen into deaf years. A girl who knew her husband for 12 years before marrying him  could not make the marriage work. So when you see the other side of the coin one is compelled to see the unreasonable side of the weaker sex..Marriage does entail procreation and if you are not prepared for that than don't marry.
         Here in Bhabo's case everybody has argued that why can't she talk to Suraj about her fears. Bhabo overheard the conversation between Bhabasa and Suraj in which Suraj was unwilling to listen to the doctor engineer idea. He wanted it to be IPS and nothing else. Bhabo has heard her sons views. Suraj approaches his mother and says he wants his wife to pursue her dreams. You cannot lie to Bhabo and say there will be no separation.You cannot lie to her and say there will be no danger. What is the use than of a round table conference ?  No such assurances can be given about this profession.How can you expect a mother like Bhabo to accept such an impossible proposal. On the contrary if Suraj had just talked about graduation than she after some token protest may have agreed with Bhabasa prodding her. Here his revolutionary proposal has lost him his only friend in the family Bhabasa. To top his list of mistakes he enlisted Ankur's support in the drama which was a very big blunder. From Bhabo's side if she considers it the great Kothari conspiracy you can't blame her. She has now doubled her efforts to resist. Bhabo can be faulted for the methods she uses to make people bend, but in this I find Suraj being less far sighted than her. In his blind love for his wife he has not fully understood the long term implications of his decisions on him and the family. A man who could not keep away from his wife for a day and went running to see her will be condemned to a life of long separation either from his wife or mother both of whom he cannot live without.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
ladyterp thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: UMDU

JAM, I would like to put across a few points here. While you have exploitation of woman in traditional households I am now increasingly coming across women in urban areas who are well educated doing very well financially and status wise, get married but after even 10 years are unwilling to start a family as they are climbing up the professional ladder and do not want a child to stop the climb. My aunt 's daughter who is the VP  in Citibank had a love marriage with a boy whom she had known from class 9th. Both did their engineering and than went to US to do MBA and than got married at the age of 26..She is now 38 and refuses to start her family.Last week I got to know they have filed for divorce.My aunt is shattered as this girl is her only child.All their attempts to make her understand have fallen into deaf years. A girl who knew her husband for 12 years before marrying him  could not make the marriage work.

Sorry to interject but maybe your niece saw the divorce coming and did not want to bring kids into the picture complicating things further.  If one is already going through an unhappy marriage, bringing kids into the picture is not such a good idea.  I personally have a different view.  I think kids actually are a good buffer and make parents think twice before uttering the D word.  And Umaji, thanks for writing you POV on Sooraj.  I don't have to write one now :-)  I started putting down thoughts for a new thread "Sooraj is an idealist who thinks with his heart and not with his mind" but I am abandoning that one now.  I think we all know that the strings are in the CVs hands.  We are all trying to read too much into these characters.  In the end all of us want SurYa moments.  I for one sure do.  Sorry I blabber a lot and never even introduced myself properly.  Because of the nature of the work I do, I can't.  But in short: I met my husband and married him here in the US.  One month after marriage, I started my grad school, had my daughter in 2nd yr of grad school, and took 7 yrs to finish my Ph.D.  Yes, I did dedicate my dissertation to my husband.  We have a daughter, a son, and a dog.  So that was some tough thing to do but certainly doable.  If I can, anyone can !!  Is my husband a Sooraj?  Hell NO.  Am I a Sandhya?  Hell NO.  We are as perfect or as imperfect humans can be.  If I have a magic wand, I'd use it in a heartbeat to convert my husband into a Sooraj :-)
.Ami. thumbnail
@Ladyterp Aunty:- Here is my new hire doggie chikku..😈

Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ladyterp Sandy has to be complex because she is born to be a police officer.. I cannot blame her. I myself am very complex. You can never predict how I will behave. Even those who stay with me for past 24 years cant do that. Neither myself. So I have a little respect for Sooraj because he is simple, at least for me... I connot blame Sandy that it is her incapability that they could not consummate. May be she needs more time to realise herself or him. Who knows? Always only different poles will meet. No similar ones. So I have no problem at all.

shirin sorry I forgot you. But like you I dont like the idea of showing Sandy only as a shadow of her husband. Supporting is okay. But this is quite stupid I find sometimes. Now when she knows she could trust him and he also trusts her, this is not needed. At least they should show she is independent with her thoughts. No one can accept breaking their dreams with full heart. Here Sandy is shown as showing all 32 everytime. Let it be. I can say she needs to show that to others. At least she should be shown not doing that with herself.

ami how can I find 100% Sandy in me? Dont I have my own things?😆 ahem.ahem. You better know me. So basically I may say I'm kind of educated Sooraj a little, I have many similarities with Sandy a little. Especially what is happening with her. In total I'm basically and think like Sooraj, experience like Sandy and behave like Khushi a little... And at times I'm unique with my behaviour that none of these have my impressions. There are a little similarities. But I find myself unique and a little closer to Sunny. Please dont forget a little. A little matters a lot.
.Ami. thumbnail
@JAMKudi:- Kabhi kabhi mere dil main khayal aata hain ki agar JAMLi na hote toh dunia kaisi hoti? Sorry yar, Dunia bekaar hoti..ðŸĪĢ..

Tu tu hain vahi, Dil ne jise apne kahan..Tu hain jahan.. ðŸĨģ ðŸĪ—
Brahmaputra thumbnail
uma ji I totally agree with you. All things exist together. If I only will sit and tell everything what others will do? Neither do I have patience enough to blabber everything. I cannot blame Bhabho if she thinks her son will sit in a corner if his wife becomes an employee. Its quite natural. I guess Sunny boy thinks in the other way. He believes his wife and he is sure she will always be with him even after she persues her dream. Also I dont think Sandy will make a chance for that, from what has been shown about her till date. In my home, its my mom who earns for all of us, not my dad. Till this day, she has never failed to meet any of his or his family's expectations and at the same time she has never let either him or his mother feel lesser for she is earning for the family. Because she is capable of that. So that is possible on earth and Sunny is right in that point because it will be easy for Sandy who is wise beyond her age. So I cannot find Sunny is doing a mistake or something not practical. Who knows when and how bhabho will learn it.
Brahmaputra thumbnail
ami haan..haan..
Mil jaaye iss tarah, do leherein jis tarah...
phir ho naa juda, yeh waada na raha...ðŸĪĢ.