They're Coming || One Shot *New Horror Story*

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

MegaAngelzs

Goldie

MegaAngelzs

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

They're Coming

"Tonight is the night" I whispered to the stars, "In a few minutes they'll be here for me, and then it will all be over." A single, silent tear trickled down my cheek, and splattered onto the windowsill below. I shivered in the misty night air, tucked my knees below my chin, closed my eyes and sighed. 

I imagined life a month ago, singing and laughing in the garden, the golden sun smiling in the clear blue sky. That's how it was then, but the garden is a stranger to me now, the sun no longer smiles, but hides behind heavy black clouds, in a sky grey of misery. The past is gone now, they spoiled it when they came and everything changed. 

The first 'dong' of the church bell made me jump and nearly fall through the window. It meant they were close, close to finding me, close to finding it. This was it. The unused church bells at midnight- this was their sign. I couldn't breathe with fear; it felt like I was a rabbit, caught under headlights. This really was it. 

With a sudden blinding flash, and a roar of thunder, the light bulb in my bedroom smashed into a million tiny pieces covering the room in what looked like a layer of broken ice. Then with a deafening scream, I realised there was an excruciating pain in my right foot. Looking down I could see thick, scarlet liquid coming from a large cut on the side of my foot.

Blood. Glass. I yanked the piece of glass from my foot and squealed with incredible pain. 
As to make everything worse, the house turned pitch black as the electricity went down. And then ...

Wait. There was a light. A single, flickering candle was giving off a glow from the bottom of the stairs, very gradually coming nearer. It was them, I knew it. My heart pounded inside my chest so heavily, for a moment I expected it to burst. I had to leave. Right now.  

Shaking, I grabbed hold of the creepers next to my window and swung myself on. The midnight air tasted of danger, and I coughed and sputtered as it swam down my throat. My hands ached badly from clinging to the branches so hard and the creeper's thorns kept scratching my bare skin; one caught hold of my long, silk nightdress and harshly tore away ten or so inches of the bottom. My mouth opened wide to scream but I bit my lip hard. No way would I scream and show them where I was. No way.

I jumped down the last couple of feet and fell in a heap on the wet grass. Before I could even whimper, the heavens opened and down came big droplets of water in the form of a tsunami, soaking me to the skin. But I had to keep going.

I got up as quickly as I could and ran. Not to anywhere in particular, I just ran because I knew I had to. My foot throbbed and my eyes stung from the constant rain lashing at them as I reached the garden gate. 

The trees nearby swayed roughly in the frosty wind and I realised how piercingly cold I really was. With taking a few more steps, I collapsed onto the gravel. I was failing. This was what they wanted. I was letting everyone down but i needed to hide it by morning. Or it would all be over.  

As I lay there, I gazed around at the place I had lived all my life, and wished the last vision in my mind could have been a month ago, when I was living life to the full, and enjoying every moment of it. I at least wished someone I cared about would hold my hand, telling me not to be scared, that I was going to be okay. But that wasn't going to happen, everyone I cared about had already gone, I was the last hope.

Somehow I picked myself up, and found myself limping on, slowly, but still I was getting somewhere. I entered the forest now, I'd decided it was the best path I could take, because it lead to a lake, and I could hide it there. My skin felt as though it was being stretched tight, and then smacked hard like the skin of a drum. The trees above leaned over me, poised like vulchers, ready to pounce on their prey.

Shadows danced past, sharp and spiky and the wind seemed to whistle past, it whispered in a hushed tone 'we're coming for you... you can't run and you can't hide' then, 'we're coming' over and over, louder and stronger, stronger and louder and then ... everything turned black.

My eyes fluttered open and the moon gazed down at me. At first I wondered why I was lying on the wet grass, rain splattering down on me. Then I remembered where I was and what I was doing and once again, somehow pulled myself up.

Somehow still staggering along, the rain seemed to be falling less and less heavily, and eventually stopped. I found myself in a clearing. And in front of me was the lake, glistening beautifully in the moonlight, the pearly moon reflected on the calm water. I hobbled to the edge, and trembling, I waded in. 

The lake was normally ice-cold, but I guessed my skin was already like a glacier, so that's why it felt so warm and gentle. I closed my eyes for forever and dived under. The water warmed me straight away and seemed to wash away all my fears. I'd made it. I really had. 

I swam as far as I could, before I needed breath. As a natural instinct, I rose up, but stopped myself. My lungs screamed out for air but I wouldn't move, I stayed with my stomach on the sandy floor of the lake. With a strange pain, they seemed to burst. My brain was slowing down, I couldn't think, I couldn't move. I could just see light.

A minute later, I still couldn't move my body, but somehow I still felt alive. Then... with a stab at my chest, I knew we'd lost. They'd found me, and they now had what they wanted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So.. who do you think they are?
And why do you think they're after this it?

Comments and critics are two of my biggest motivators, so feel free to do so!
And thankyou for reading my short story *jumps on your back* can i get a piggy back ride now? *pouts* please?

I've also posted this story on a site called Wattpad .. so if you have Wattpad then please do go check it out and i will love you forever! LOL Hug;)

http://www.wattpad.com/story/3084928-they%27re-coming-watty-awards-2012 

-Amira- 

Edited by MegaAngelzs - 14 November 2012 at 3:09pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ms.ShyLeve

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "They're Coming || One Shot *New Horror Story*" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Leve

IF-Stunnerz

Leve

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged
 It doesn't seem like 'horror' story, more like a suspense/thriller story. And I love the suspense/thriller genre. This story had me attentive the whole way through; everything in the story is filled with mystery. I can't wait; I have to know what is it and who are they and why all this running LOL

my guess can be that IT is a jewel Confused or something extraordinary (DUH!) LOL 
pls cont. this story Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MegaAngelzs

Post Reply New Post

Go to top