Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

bm666

bm666

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
I have written d WU on a couple of occasions,the only motive at that time was to write one as it had been many hours since the episode and no WU had been put up thus far and many members were asking for one,and being a regular Uttaranian,I thought I would write it.

On both the occasions,members who read the WU praised it,however on both the occasions some other members also put up the WU,as if mine was something negligible,and on the second occasion the topic was even closed,the reason being that only a chosen few can write the WU.

Now, in my opinion,the WU is something that is time-critical.Ppl who cant watch the episode,but are keen fans are but curious to know what happened,the moment the clock strikes 10.30 IST. So,I wrote the WU for this very purpose,thinking that ppl who had missed the epi wud find it useful.

Now of course after two bad experiences,I didnt write the WU. And on both d days after dat,for 13 NOV the WU was put up very late and so far for 14 NOV no WU has been put up,and there r even topics asking for the WU.

My point is, we r all part of the Uttaran community,why this fight over WU's? On days,I write there is actually another WU following mine,and on other days  der r none.So my suggestion is,if d chosen members are not able to put up d WU before a specified time say 2 hrs following the end of d episode,why not let other members,be they newbies or coolbies to write one,if dey have d inclination to do so. Cos like I said, we r all but one family.

Being a newbie I may not be aware of the culture in this forum,hence apologies if this query and suggestion of mine is not appropriate, however if it isappropriate den pls do answer it. Thank u.Smile

Edited by bm666 - 14 November 2012 at 1:45pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sweety_virgo1divya3ChiggyWiggyprernade

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A REQUEST/QUESTION FOR THE UTTARAN DT ABOUT WU's" in Uttaran forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

prernade

prernade

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
i think there should be a thumb rule where after 1 - 2 hours another person can put up the WU

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ChiggyWiggyNeelaalikhan

loveyouichcha

IF-Stunnerz

loveyouichcha

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
Frnd.already some members are signed for doing wu's.There is one highlight episode thread is there.U can write it there when the show is aired.

crisps21

crisps21

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
Hi there,
I'm sorry I don't know your name... 

I am (or was) the person who wrote daily WUs for the last few months. When I first joined the forum, I also used to read the updates written by someone else.
When the WUs started going missing because people have real issues in real lives and WUs take a back-burner... a thread was posted asking for people to put their hand up if they would like to be updaters. I was one of the members who put their hand up.
Then there was a weekly schedule of who will do WUs on which day... and such. For about a week or so, that schedule ran smoothly, after that the members who put their hands up either forgot they had to do a WU, or they had some problem in their lives that stopped them from doing so.
Hence, I started 'covering' for all of them when they couldn't do it.
Eventually it was me doing the WUs DAILY without being officially told to do so.
I understand it's a lot of effort and takes a lot of time to write the update especially the way I do (detailed and descriptive).

As I've said a gazillion times before, the ONLY problems with me doing the daily updates was - they were going to be late, because I live in Sydney, Australia and I'm already 5.5 hours ahead of India. 
Number one, I don't get to see 'fresh' episodes on TV, I see the ones from the day before.
Number two, when the fresh episodes are uploaded on YouTube or DailyMotion after being aired in India, it's around 4-5 am at my place. By the time I wake up for my kids' school, download the video, get to watch it and write the update - it's very late at night in India and my update is read the next morning. But that's the only way I can do it. Like I've said before, some days I'm able to do the update as early as 7:30 am my time, some days it takes me longer and people keep waiting!
IF the WU is wanted 2 hours after the episode is aired, it would be impossible for me to do so.

Number three, I have two kids - a 10 year old boy who has Autism (an intellectual disability) and a very active and smart 8 year old girl. On top of that, my husband got disabled 4 years ago and requires my attention. That's the reason I'm home full-time and not working or making myself busy out of the house. My plate is quite full at the moment and I wouldn't want to fill it up even more by waking up at 4 am in the morning to write the update quicker than my normal way.

Sorry I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but I would be more than happy to hand over the responsibility of writing updates to someone else - someone like you who's concerned for people wanting to read the update if they missed the episode, and someone who thinks writing it quickly is important.

Last week I had my corrective laser eye surgery (7th November) and I had posted beforehand that I would be away for God knows how long so I asked others to 'cover' for me. I was missing from Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat (for the WUs for Tu, We, Th, Fr) and a couple of people covered for me because I had gotten Private Messages (PMs) from them saying they will cover for me until I'm well enough to be back.
I think during that time, you wrote the WU once without realising that someone is 'responsible' for it and ended up having duplicate WUs. The second time the duplication happened was when I came back next week (starting the update from 12th November - because my eyes are perfectly fine now by the Grace of God). 
Being the regular updater, and having already informed the two people who were 'covering' for me, I had NO IDEA someone else had gone ahead and done the update before I posted mine.
Since I have been made a coolbie too, I posted mine as a sticky topic and didn't see yours until after posting it.
I even sent you a PM apologizing for that - not wanting to step on any toes!
I don't know who 'closed' your topic, but maybe people thought the one that was sticky should remain so and the other should be closed - that's the decision of the other members of the DT, not me.

This is a very active forum and keeps having new posts really quickly... if you post a WU and it's not made sticky, it will easily get lost in the posts unless someone posts a 'thank you' on it and it gets bumped up and noticed... I didn't notice it when I was posting my own WU and noticed it after because someone had bumped it up.

Now again, there's a family emergency in my house and I was unable to do WU for yesterday and sent a PM to Disha asking if she would cover for me, and she did. I also sent her another PM to write today's update (14th November) or keep doing the updates until the family emergency gets sorted out.
If you want to do the updates, EVERYONE would be more than happy to read them - BUT you need to let the DT know that you're going to be the one to do it because otherwise everyone can write and update, post it and it can go unnoticed until it's made sticky!

Sorry for the detailed post, but I thought I should clarify a few points.

I liked reading your updates TRUST ME they are not neglected on purpose, and would be delighted if you take this responsibility off my hands - for the SOLE reason that I feel guilty of posting it so late being in a different timezone than you!!

Regards,
Basima.

Edited by crisps21 - 14 November 2012 at 5:32pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

sweety_virgo1divya3NeelaalikhanjeffysugakrishShaista33prernadenazbannewveeDryaitstimetospeak

bm666

bm666

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 3:15am | IP Logged
Firstly, my sincerest apologies to 'itstimetospeak' and 'crisps21' for writing what I did without actually knowing the gravity of d situation. Reading d above post really really moved me,and I salute you Ms.Basima for doing the great job that u do everyday despite having so many worries. It is indeed incredible dat u manage all ur responsibilties and yet find a way to write d updates in the great way dat u do.

Although I am a newbie,I have been visiting this forum since years and I have greatly come to admire the way dat 2 members particularly- 'jyoti' and 'crisps21' write der updates. I personally have absolutely no qualms as to when the update is put up, and it is really great dat u write one for all of us at 7.30am.

Sincerest apologies once again, and do always remembr dat u have a fan in me,not just for ur WU's but d way u have succeeded in d journey of life. Salutations and repect to u mam, cheers!Clap 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

crisps21

dlatha10

dlatha10

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bm666

I have written d WU on a couple of occasions,the only motive at that time was to write one as it had been many hours since the episode and no WU had been put up thus far and many members were asking for one,and being a regular Uttaranian,I thought I would write it.

On both the occasions,members who read the WU praised it,however on both the occasions some other members also put up the WU,as if mine was something negligible,and on the second occasion the topic was even closed,the reason being that only a chosen few can write the WU.

Now, in my opinion,the WU is something that is time-critical.Ppl who cant watch the episode,but are keen fans are but curious to know what happened,the moment the clock strikes 10.30 IST. So,I wrote the WU for this very purpose,thinking that ppl who had missed the epi wud find it useful.

Now of course after two bad experiences,I didnt write the WU. And on both d days after dat,for 13 NOV the WU was put up very late and so far for 14 NOV no WU has been put up,and there r even topics asking for the WU.

My point is, we r all part of the Uttaran community,why this fight over WU's? On days,I write there is actually another WU following mine,and on other days  der r none.So my suggestion is,if d chosen members are not able to put up d WU before a specified time say 2 hrs following the end of d episode,why not let other members,be they newbies or coolbies to write one,if dey have d inclination to do so. Cos like I said, we r all but one family.

Being a newbie I may not be aware of the culture in this forum,hence apologies if this query and suggestion of mine is not appropriate, however if it isappropriate den pls do answer it. Thank u.Smile

dlatha10

dlatha10

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dlatha10

I too want to suggest the same...  bcoz  I tried to post few comments.. but  I could not... cant understand the rules... but it should be flexible to newbies like me...

crisps21

crisps21

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 5:45pm | IP Logged

Firstly, my sincerest apologies to 'itstimetospeak' and 'crisps21' for writing what I did without actually knowing the gravity of d situation. Reading d above post really really moved me,and I salute you Ms.Basima for doing the great job that u do everyday despite having so many worries. It is indeed incredible dat u manage all ur responsibilties and yet find a way to write d updates in the great way dat u do.

Although I am a newbie,I have been visiting this forum since years and I have greatly come to admire the way dat 2 members particularly- 'jyoti' and 'crisps21' write der updates. I personally have absolutely no qualms as to when the update is put up, and it is really great dat u write one for all of us at 7.30am.

Sincerest apologies once again, and do always remembr dat u have a fan in me,not just for ur WU's but d way u have succeeded in d journey of life. Salutations and repect to u mam, cheers!Clap 

No need to apologize sweetie. I appreciate you saying what was on your mind and I thought I would clarify. I am sure many other members who wait for WUs and find them missing and/or late have the same sentiments as you!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top