Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: vickosh

To the previous writer about Punjabi songs.

I dont have any problems with Punjabi songs or their poetry.  But my problem is their being on Hindi songs show.  I like Tamil music and songs and you would not like me to sing these songs on a hindi songs show.  You will not enjoy it at all.

Ha ha, ha, so you have problem with Punjabi songs being sung on Hindi Shows.πŸ˜† Who selects these singers to perform on the Hindi shows? Who makes the song selection for them my friend? Can Z tv or creatives stop them for doing that??? Who controls the show????
It doesn't really matter if you or anybody on this Forum don't like Punjabi songs😊 What matters is that Do the majority on audience like it? Is the show making money?

Punjabi music composers and singers have worked very hard to make our music popular throughout the world. Not only in india, there are top class singers and composers settled in England and Canada. It's their hard work which is paying off now.

The other regional music like Tamil, Bangla, Gujrati etc. may become popular only if they believe in their music and promote it to the rest of the world. They need to work really hard and this process might take 50 years.πŸ˜†
Too bad you have to live with it my friend. All you can do is turn off your tv or flip the cannnel when they sing punjabi song.😊 Good luck.
Nach_Baliye thumbnail
Good post. This is the first time I am watching SRGMP only because my husband likes classical music. I don't enjoy it as much. I don't understand judges' scoring. They praise the person and then say "I give you an 8", and the contestant's face falls. Why do the judges give an 8? What can the singer do to get a 10? Where are the mistakes? If no mistakes, what was missing? What can they do better? I don't see judges providing concrete feedback at all. As a contestant, it would kill my confidence because I would not know what to improve and would be very frustrated. Kudos to contestants who continue despite such useless judges.

Also, audience scoring should happen before judges' scoring, that way the audience is in no way influenced by the judges. If they are influenced by judges, there is no point in getting audience votes.

Overall I don't enjoy classical music so don't enjoy this show that much. The voices though are beautiful, so many talented contestants must be hard to choose the winner, this show definitely has the highest bar in terms of singing. If only they branched out a bit from classical.
cocojatti92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: JasToronto

No doubt there are some awesome singers this season but I'm disapponted with Judes and creatives.

I was impressed with Rahul Ram in the beginning but he is a total waste. He may be a good engineer from IIT but he doesn't know anything about music.
Judges do not point out mistakes and they failed to guide the contestants. How can you give 10 marks to everyone each time? They have made joke of a quality show.πŸ˜†

Reenu Nagar, Jasim and Shehnaz are good singers.

I don't agree with TM about his views on Punjabi songs. Anyway thats his opinion and he has a right to speak up his mind.

These days there is hardly any movie where they haven't used Punjabi lyrics, words or music. Yup it is true that if someone doesn't know the language it will sound like same song to them. Punjabi music is very rich and very many Sufi poets wrote in Punjabi language but in Urdu transcript.  Datta Ganj, Shek farid, Shah Hussain Lahori, Hashim shah, Bulee Shah, Varis Shah and Guru Nanak was some of the well known names.There are over 250 Raags and Raginies used in punjabi music.
In recent times, NFAK, AFAK, Gulam Ali, Mehdi hassan, Mod Raffi Sahab, Mahinder kappor, Sukhvinder Singh, Gurdass Mann, Aalam Lauhar. Kuldeep manak, Hans raj Hans, Wadali Brots.,  and Master Salim are some names who started their career in Punajabi singing. 

Agreed with u 
The truth is punjabi is soo hard too not hear 
If u see the map before 1947 punjab was a huge area 
Even J and K have a heavy punjabi history and DNA
Hehe I'm kashmir punjabi . 
Most North India and Pakistan are very heavy by punjabi history 
Even the way people speak Hindi and Urdu has a punjabi feel to it 

Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
LOL> How come this girl Barbie got a chance in the wild card? No offense. But, I'm surprised. 
gaayika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mohini19

LOL> How come this girl Barbie got a chance in the wild card? No offense. But, I'm surprised. 

vashila lagaya hoga ...    Totally faltu ... She was unbearble at the mega auditions, ...

Maybe they already knew they were going to pick Arshpreet , cos they so want her to be in teh show for another few weeks ... ( in my opnion , Arshpreet should stop singing the genre she is singing in and sing melodious songs like she sand at the auditions ).  Barbie was just a filler ..