14th Nov SBS-Yaksh Avatar (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

jayvenk

IF-Rockerz

jayvenk

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Mrmr  yes both expressions are superb.
Some years back only men used to play the part of women to.[ the costume can weigh about 40 to 50 kilos. But these days women have started venturing into this area. There are many females dancers in both dance forms.
One interesting point in katakali is they put a single mustard seed inside their eyes to make it go red.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DeewaniRimi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "14th Nov SBS-Yaksh Avatar (Page 8)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged
no both Men and Women perform on both forms
however it is the Men who have a more attractive get up,hence they are more noticed!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DeewaniRimijayvenk

deboleena.manna

IF-Sizzlerz

deboleena.manna

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:53am | IP Logged
shru I have a doubt that they will show the famous Ganesha story...Mahishasurmardini story is also very famous..specialy in East India...n they make the kachra of Mahishasur n showed a non sense story which have no connection to the real one...n for this I never forgive this ppl...AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry..so now I don't have any expectation from DKDM CV's..Ouch

DeewaniRimijayvenk

DeewaniRimi

IF-Dazzler

DeewaniRimi

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:54am | IP Logged
@Jayshree and Shruti thanks for the Information. A costume's weight is 40-50killosShocked.God how could they move and how do they wear this??Shocked
By the way in Yakshagana and Katakali both dance form is very gorgeous I guess.And I love to see some Yakshagana or Katahakali in DKDMWink

jayvenk

jayvenk

IF-Rockerz

jayvenk

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Debo this is one reason i am preparing for any surprise package that will be shown . Mahishasur story was cooked and over cooked.
Confused

DeewaniRimi

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:59am | IP Logged
@debo-you have no idea people are bugging Life Ok as to when Ganapati Bappa will be coming in the show...people are eagerly waiting for him...i have seen people asking on FB and twitter
infact in my own family my mom,dad and sister all have asked me"when is Bappa comming?"each time they see DKDM they ask me that...
unlike Mahishasur who wasnt a God,Bappa is a God,a very revered one for that matter who is worshipped across India,even across Various faiths in Mumbai
they will make it as per Traingle Purana but they will show it,once Nikhil Sinha said that they try to stick to the popular versions of stories,so i doubt they will mess with it
they may tweak the story,maybe but how much i dont know...
if they mess with my Bappa i will kill them,i hope Bappa gives them Satbudhi in advance!LOL
but now that you have mentioed it,even i am scared after the Mahishasur debacle!Ouch

Edited by shruti.nil - 14 November 2012 at 5:00am

DeewaniRimijayvenk

DeewaniRimi

IF-Dazzler

DeewaniRimi

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged
@deboleena.manna You should thank the CVs because atleast they showed Ma Durga herself killed Mahishasur and after that she didn't cry and fell into Mahadev's feet.Ouch
And yes as a Bengalee I won't forgive them for this blunder.
Angry Infact once I wished to sacrifice them during this Kali Puja in front of Ma Kali.Evil Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jayvenkArijit007deboleena.manna

jayvenk

IF-Rockerz

jayvenk

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 5:02am | IP Logged
Mahishasuramardini in yakshagana form
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvPoSZzRsEk

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.