They are both wrong in their stance.
However in MT's case the hate is very real because:
- what has happended to Jiji (her daughter, Adi's Mum)
- Adi lied to MT's face about Sugni's background (and it was not lie by omission but a blatant outright lie whatever the reason)
- G lied to MT's face about her relationship with Sugni infront of Adi and Sugni
- MT knows that TVS's heartache, anguish, anger since her arrival is because Sugni (she was the first one to say to TVS when he was trying convince her to let Adini stay in the house after marriage - what happedne to you - what happened to your heartache, anguish, anger)
- in their eyes because of Sugni Adi has turned against his own family; and
- in their eyes Sugni has trapped Adi into a marriage to become a thakurian.
G is so obsessed with Sugni becoming a wife and fulfiling wifely duties that she has forgotton that:
1. No one goes to a daughter's sasural and because they are insulted, insults them back in their home (most parents would know that it is their daughter who will suffer so will not say anything)
2. she is being hyprocritical - she cannot say MT's sanskar means her son does not respect women but on the other hand say that Adi who is her grandson and Jiji (her daughter's) son respects women? Why because he married Sugni, went against the family?
3. whjile she walks around being proud of how Sugni has turned out, she also bought up her 2 brothers up who respect/value nothing and no one except money. So is she in a position to cast stones?