Balika Vadhu

Ghaggra Jholli (Page 8)

Poll Question: How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
51 [59.30%]
5 [5.81%]
25 [29.07%]
5 [5.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 18

tistaa

IF-Rockerz

tistaa

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhach

Originally posted by bhach

Saanchi made an observation..but IF members please think rationally how much is the trutth what she says..I understand that the way she said  is unparliamenatry.  I usualy see during some wedding ceremonies...LOLLOL
This was the start of Topic...Anandi was no where  in this topic..it started as Saanchi made an observation and I wanted the honest opinion..The poll clearly shows the divergent views and honest comments grom IF members ..thanks to All..

It s very painful to see comments that the topic starter or other people who gave honest opinions are Anandi  bashers...
People speak in polls ..not the topic maker...
Honest comments from the members should not be seen as Bashers...we are all not different ..but we all unique and this uniqueness of us teaches us to be respected and respect others..
Dear Anandi has taught us that if we have difference ..we need to respect them and if we are true followers of Anandi we should practise what we learn from her..
Well I dont disrespect but I dont understand one thing...when people has no problem in bashing Anandi then why they are upset by calling them Anandi basher.Do you really think that such topic like why Anandi clearing mud by her hand or why she give long speech to give answare to Saanch is worth to bash?what is the fault  in here ? but you go and see the Frustration thread you see these bashing.
It's like whatever she does somebody has to bash her and I dont think I've done anything wrong if I call basher as a basher bcoz this is what they do.I am not critising them but I will call then by what they are doing.
@Bold dont tell me abt honest opinion bcoz I dont think supporting a powerfull character like Anandi is a dishonest opinion. and critising her is sooo honest opinion

Edited by tistaa - 16 November 2012 at 12:48am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalaparnauma

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ghaggra Jholli (Page 8)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rukhsar.crazy

IF-Rockerz

rukhsar.crazy

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 12:53am | IP Logged
if u visit some rural places rajasthan gujrat and haryana..u'll find ppl still wearing ghagra choli 24x7...
even here in karanataka...some rural ppl still were ghagra...called as lehnga davni

Edited by rukhsar.crazy - 16 November 2012 at 12:53am

aajkalKwitKatts

_zephyr

_zephyr

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:39am | IP Logged

Hi

When i lived in London one of close freinds had a friend in her area - call her V - who was from Rajasthan and a Rajput. She was a homemaker and her husband was on a project there from Infosys at the client site. She used to wear shalwaar-khameez, jeans etc and on very hot days even capris with sleeveless blouses...we had known her for 2 years by that point...and then her mom-in-law came vsiting from Rajasthan...and out came the ghagras ...believe me we were astounded - she was in those clothes 24/7 and would come to our houses in that, and go to the corner shop to get milk or anything else and to her son's playschool to pick him up...and she would even have the ghunghat!  and this is in London...and to this day I am confused whether  i should applaud her for chutzpah in dressing like that in London and going around so that she is the proper bahu in front of her MIL and keep her happy or just shake my head at the hypocrisy of it all!!!
Also - my company (MNC in India) is having an annual outing on sat and have come up with a dress code...men - formals with ties et all
women - gowns, western skirts and tops (no chudidars, no shalwar khameez, no jeans and kurtis ...nothing) if not gowns then saris!
I am like WHAT THE - this is ridiculous - u r expecting guys to shell out 7000rs for a suit and you want the girls (most in early twenties and some married and tradional) in which very few will be comfortable...and this mail came from the HR head (to whom you would hv gone with the complaint in the first place) who also happens to be a woman!
I wonder where all this blind imitation of the west is going to take us!
10 years in London and I loved it, but also I am loving it back here in India equally...no place is perfect - there is good and bad everywhere and it is in our nazariya to see and adapt to what we want to!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

brick_redYash.PalaajkalznursinghSiriuslySujaltiny15

SiriuslySujal

IF-Dazzler

SiriuslySujal

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by YashpalDhavan

Sujal,

Read your post with great interest.  You write so well, it is a pleasure to read your posts.  Yeah, I also got put off by Cocktail  Having lived and grown up in the West for many years, yet having strong roots back in India, I somehow cannot stomach it when a person tries to ape another person/culture/attitude.  In Cocktail that was my problem, people trying to ape tantamounting to mocking.  Deepika certainly was trying to.  Plenty remained what she was, but there was no connect. And Saif's character was simply humbug.

In our current case. Saanchi is a odd ball product, produced in Udaipur, genes of Alok and Ira, yet trying to be Western, looking down upon gaonwalis etc.  I find it so pathetic.

Out of yesterday's episode what stood out for me was Anandi saying 'this is who I am, this is what I shall remain'.  You get what you see.  No false hoods or hypocrisy there.  One may not like her, as some members appear to have innumerable problems with her, but at least you know what she is and there is no chhal in that.  

There has to be a basic ethos of a person, the day I trade that, I won't be me.

Yash

Yash,

Thank you very much Smile Agreed - I think everyone should embrace whatever myriad of influences makes them who they are rather than trying to pigeonhole themselves into specific categories. Trying to be something other than who you are in any sense indicates that you feel that you are somehow not good enough in your current avatar. Self-improvement is one thing, but trying to entirely change yourself is quite another. I loved that Anandi said yesterday that she would not be able to change to be more like the bhabhi Saanchi had hoped to have; it was nice to see that she has reached that level of comfort with herself after the beating her confidence took from Jagya's years of emotional abuse. I still don't like that she thinks she's not good enough for Shiv, but that is understandable given her experiences, and hopefully Shiv will tackle that elephant in the room in future episodes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkal

znursingh

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:30am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

aajkalSiriuslySujal

Yash.Pal

Goldie

Yash.Pal

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by znursingh

Originally posted by SiriuslySujal

Read your post with great interest.  You write so well, it is a pleasure to read your posts. 
DITTO!! 

Thank you very much Smile Agreed - I think everyone should embrace whatever myriad of influences makes them who they are rather than trying to pigeonhole themselves into specific categories. Trying to be something other than who you are in any sense indicates that you feel that you are somehow not good enough in your current avatar. Self-improvement is one thing, but trying to entirely change yourself is quite another. I loved that Anandi said yesterday that she would not be able to change to be more like the bhabhi Saanchi had hoped to have; it was nice to see that she has reached that level of comfort with herself after the beating her confidence took from Jagya's years of emotional abuse. I still don't like that she thinks she's not good enough for Shiv, but that is understandable given her experiences, and hopefully Shiv will tackle that elephant in the room in future episodes.

They say forewarned is fore warmed! So...do you post anywhere else?
e-stalker ALERT!!

Actually this applies to most of the sensible,level headed ones who posted on this thread!

[/QUOTE]

LOLLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalSiriuslySujalznursingh

SiriuslySujal

IF-Dazzler

SiriuslySujal

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 4:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by znursingh

[QUOTE=SiriuslySujal]

Read your post with great interest.  You write so well, it is a pleasure to read your posts. 
DITTO!! 

They say forewarned is fore warmed! So...do you post anywhere else?
e-stalker ALERT!!

Actually this applies to most of the sensible,level headed ones who posted on this thread!

Ahahaha LOL Thank you so much! Big smile I only post on the BV forum at the moment (that goes for the Internet in general, actually xD). I haven't come across anything else worth watching on the Indian channels I get over here (Star Plus, Colors, Sahara One). Any recommendations? Big smile

aajkalznursingh

Ash_Storyteller

Goldie

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 4:06am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

aajkalSiriuslySujal

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.