Balika Vadhu

Ghaggra Jholli - Page 7

Poll

How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: SiriuslySujal

Read your post with great interest.  You write so well, it is a pleasure to read your posts. 
DITTO!! 

Thank you very much 😊 Agreed - I think everyone should embrace whatever myriad of influences makes them who they are rather than trying to pigeonhole themselves into specific categories. Trying to be something other than who you are in any sense indicates that you feel that you are somehow not good enough in your current avatar. Self-improvement is one thing, but trying to entirely change yourself is quite another. I loved that Anandi said yesterday that she would not be able to change to be more like the bhabhi Saanchi had hoped to have; it was nice to see that she has reached that level of comfort with herself after the beating her confidence took from Jagya's years of emotional abuse. I still don't like that she thinks she's not good enough for Shiv, but that is understandable given her experiences, and hopefully Shiv will tackle that elephant in the room in future episodes.
[/QUOTE]

They say forewarned is fore warmed! So...do you post anywhere else?
e-stalker ALERT!!

Actually this applies to most of the sensible,level headed ones who posted on this thread!

Yash.Pal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thank you very much 😊 Agreed - I think everyone should embrace whatever myriad of influences makes them who they are rather than trying to pigeonhole themselves into specific categories. Trying to be something other than who you are in any sense indicates that you feel that you are somehow not good enough in your current avatar. Self-improvement is one thing, but trying to entirely change yourself is quite another. I loved that Anandi said yesterday that she would not be able to change to be more like the bhabhi Saanchi had hoped to have; it was nice to see that she has reached that level of comfort with herself after the beating her confidence took from Jagya's years of emotional abuse. I still don't like that she thinks she's not good enough for Shiv, but that is understandable given her experiences, and hopefully Shiv will tackle that elephant in the room in future episodes.

They say forewarned is fore warmed! So...do you post anywhere else?
e-stalker ALERT!!

Actually this applies to most of the sensible,level headed ones who posted on this thread!

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

SiriuslySujal thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: znursingh

Ahahaha πŸ˜† Thank you so much! πŸ˜ƒ I only post on the BV forum at the moment (that goes for the Internet in general, actually xD). I haven't come across anything else worth watching on the Indian channels I get over here (Star Plus, Colors, Sahara One). Any recommendations? πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: SiriuslySujal

Sujal I recommend you try the English TV serial 'once upon a time' if u haven't already...and if you love fantasy shows/movies like meπŸ˜ƒ

let me knw if u are interested i can PM you the links ..they have IF forum for it  as well πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: znursingh

Perseus,Sorry to be disagreeing with you,but this is simply not true.
Consider that NINETY percent of the Indian populace lives in village,a mere 8% in cities and ONLT 2% in the four metropolitan cities.
I am a Sikhini married to a Rajesthani,living in a small village near Delhi in Haryana! I can& do wear jeans/skirts when I go to town but I neither wish to offend nor draw unnecessary attention in the village nor in Faridabad,so I dress conservatively in a salwar Kamiz or a sari which,along with ghagras is the normal dress in the area-and I'm just 15 minutes away from the capital city!!

BTW=Personally,in very hot weather,I find,ghagras & saris much more comfortable (and airily cool) than the so called modern outfits!! 

CHEERS!!! 

Znur Singh, I'm very bad at statistics and i do not know what percent people wear what.

I have lived all my life in cities and  travelled less...guess that's the reason why i have not seen anyone wearing this kind of dress 24/7 .But then,  i did'nt find it weird when the women in BV were shown wearing Ghagras all the time because i thought ..maybe  that's how they dress up in villages which is fine! And so i said,  this serial is about that small group of people!

And coming to the comfort fits, i think it depends on each person. My mom thinks cotton sarees are comfortable...my cousin thinks mini shorts are best during summer and when she has hot flashes...to me salwars are comfortable ..for Anandi it is her Ghagras...it totally depends on each individual!! So i hope people in the forum leave anandi alone..and let her wear what she likes! 

P.S- i wanted to reply to ur post a couple of days back when i read it...but then i had to log off...and  later forgot about this ! I remembered this once i saw this thread in the first  page..and here's my reply!😊

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
well i read long before in tellybuzz article that sanchi is student of fashion designing so may be she is expecting from anandi that anandi will ask some tips about cloth from her but anandi did not ask for that why she get more irritated with anandi Edited by surabhi01 - 11 years ago
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Most people on this forum r from urban areas and/or outside of India myself included.  I would speculate that deep in the villages of Rajasthan this the dress code for women.  And they r very comfortable in them.  As Anandi said yesterday she will never change and she shouldn't be expected to by anyone.
vivacious_priya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i think very few people wear ghaghara choli 24/7 
though i dun support sanchi..
but i live in India..
and ghaghara choli in India is d only traditional outfit of Rajasthan...
no other state of India has ghaghara choli as its traditional dress...
and in Rajasthan also d women living in villages only wear ghaghara choli not in d cities...
Shinya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bhach

This was the start of Topic...Anandi was no where  in this topic..it started as Saanchi made an observation and I wanted the honest opinion..The poll clearly shows the divergent views and honest comments grom IF members ..thanks to All..

It s very painful to see comments that the topic starter or other people who gave honest opinions are Anandi  bashers...
People speak in polls ..not the topic maker...
Honest comments from the members should not be seen as Bashers...we are all not different ..but we all unique and this uniqueness of us teaches us to be respected and respect others..
Dear Anandi has taught us that if we have difference ..we need to respect them and if we are true followers of Anandi we should practise what we learn from her..

That was a befitting reply.
When anandi respects the people who hate her, I dont understand why her lovers feel that its their prerogative to bash them each time they utter a word against anandi.πŸ˜†

SiriuslySujal thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
"True followers"? That makes it sound like a cult or something. She's a fictional character in a soap, not a spiritual leader. πŸ˜†

I think what riles a lot of people is that it often seems that those often termed "Anandi bashers" are seemingly averse to seeing anything good in Anandi, be it her dressing, her personality or her behaviour. And it gets grating when every time she does something good or praiseworthy or even something totally innocuous like washing mud off a kid's face, people find ways to find fault with her. I totally accept that different people have different opinions, so I don't mean any offence to anyone by this, but the reality is that the persistent negative response to Anandi does get on a lot of folks' nerves.