Balika Vadhu

Ghaggra Jholli (Page 7)

Poll Question: How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
51 [59.30%]
5 [5.81%]
25 [29.07%]
5 [5.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 18

SiriuslySujal

IF-Dazzler

SiriuslySujal

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 2:09am | IP Logged
Anandi has been wearing a ghagra choli from her childhood. Her dress is a product of the environment she has grown up in and something she is used to and comfortable in. I have been wearing T-shirts and trousers since my childhood for the same reasons.

Shiv was raised in a city, had a university education in the UK, and works in a government post. Therefore he wears suits, and wears traditional clothing for festivals and visits to the temple. I think that is normal - I know many people of both genders who do the same (including myself). I don't think anyone should be judged for not wearing traditional clothing on a regular basis any more than they should be judged for not wearing modern clothing on a regular basis).

The problem with Saanchi is that she is, as far as I can tell, repulsed by very traditional Indian clothing which one wouldn't generally see in a city (I am assuming this attitude of hers is limited to outfits such as ghagra choli, since she obviously doesn't have a problem with her mum and aunt wearing saris or deem them 'behenji'-ish for the way they choose to dress). As Suchi and others have said, true modernity is not about being Westernised, but about being open-minded. Saanchi can choose to wear whatever she likes herself, but she's crossing the line in trying to dictate to Anandi how she should dress and implying that she is somehow a lesser person for wearing a ghagra choli.

Also, Anjana has given a great response to the "Shiv is an MCP because he's chosen the traditional girl over the modern girl" argument, but just to add - I don't think Shiv weighed the pros and cons of Anandi and Ashi in his head and consciously went for the more traditional girl. That's not how love works. Anandi embodies the qualities he wants in a life partner, and he's attracted to her. He saw Ashi as a good friend, but just didn't feel that way about her, and that's just life. They were unsuitable anyway, as Anjana's already explained really well.

That said, I was really annoyed by the movie Cocktail, in which Saif Ali Khan ended up with Diana Penty (who was playing a quiet, demure, innocent, traditional Indian girl) instead of Deepika Padukone (who was playing a very Westernised mini-skirt-clad girl who enjoyed clubbing and getting drunk). But that was because I thought that a) he was incredibly selfish in expecting Deepika to just magically be OK with him dumping her and hooking up with her best friend, b) there was no decent build-up shown as to why he and Diana were drawn to each other, so the whole thing felt contrived, and I couldn't help but feel that he blatantly had more of a connection with Deepika since they had shared interests and similar personalities, whereas he and Diana were opposites, and c) because Deepika was shown trying to be more 'Indian' in order to win Saif's heart, like there was something wrong with her being Western and she had to change in order to become 'marriage material'. Whereas the Ashi-Shiv situation in BV was totally different... a) Shiv never led her on, so there was no question of him being at fault or selfish (maybe clueless, but that's not unreasonable given that she never told him how she felt directly and he can be a bit of a bhondu sometimes, as we've witnessed xD), b) he has way more in common with Anandi than he does with Ashi in terms of their goals, interests, and life partner aspirations, and c) Ashi was never portrayed as a lesser person for being Western, just as a nice girl who liked Shiv, but whose feelings were unfortunately not reciprocated, who handled her heartbreak with admirable maturity and who will hopefully find someone more suitable in the future who will love her for who she is. She would have had to change herself and make many sacrifices to be with Shiv, so it's better than both of them end up with people with whom they fit better and around whom they can comfortably be themselves.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

smriti81brick_redAnjanaYYZtootyfruityChytraYash.PalznursinghKwitKattsleo4everaparnaumaSuchi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ghaggra Jholli (Page 7)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

znursingh

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 3:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tootyfruityYash.PalSiriuslySujalleo4everSuchi-

Shinya

Goldie

Shinya

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tistaa

First of all this topic is really very funny...controversy on wearing dress????really??? lolzzzROFLROFL I dont think that BV mein itni bad time aa gayi hai ke ajkal Anandi ki dress ko lekar he dispute kar na padh raha hai...LOL I mean really guyz serious tpoics ki itni kami ho gayi hai kya serial mein?Shocked and really I salute these Anandi BashersLOL I mean really it's a very tough jod to find fault in any person when there is no fault at all...LOL So much talent is needed for thisThumbs Up kuch nahi milla bash karne ko toh Anandi i Ghagra he sahiLOL...LolzzzLOL

Appreciate your salutation to these anandi-bashers. However, I fail to understand in what they are bashing anandi's ghagra. ROFL

I think it was saanchi who criticized anandi (not her ghagra) for wearing a ghagra-choli while going to watch a movie. So I think that you should appreciate saanchi's talent and salute saanchi.LOLLOL

Edited by Shinya - 15 November 2012 at 3:21am

Yash.Pal

Goldie

Yash.Pal

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 3:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shinya

Originally posted by tistaa

First of all this topic is really very funny...controversy on wearing dress????really??? lolzzzROFLROFL I dont think that BV mein itni bad time aa gayi hai ke ajkal Anandi ki dress ko lekar he dispute kar na padh raha hai...LOL I mean really guyz serious tpoics ki itni kami ho gayi hai kya serial mein?Shocked and really I salute these Anandi BashersLOL I mean really it's a very tough jod to find fault in any person when there is no fault at all...LOL So much talent is needed for thisThumbs Up kuch nahi milla bash karne ko toh Anandi i Ghagra he sahiLOL...LolzzzLOL

Appreciate your salutation to these anandi-bashers. However, I fail to understand in what they are bashing anandi's ghagra. ROFL

I think it was saanchi who criticized anandi (not her ghagra) for wearing a ghagra-choli while going to watch a movie. So I think that you should appreciate saanchi's talent and salute saanchi.LOLLOL

LOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tootyfruity

Chahanya

IF-Sizzlerz

Chahanya

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 5:42am | IP Logged

Shaadi byaah mein ghagra choli India ke villages m ein kai aurtain ghaghra choli pehenti hai

AND LETS NOT FOGET DURIN NAVRATRI HUM JAISE MINI SKIRT PEHENNE WAALI GIRLS BHI BADE CHHAV SE P DAYA GHAGRA CHOLI PEHENKAR DANDIYA KHELNE JAATI HAIN.

SAACHI APNE BHAI KI SHAADI MEIN MINI SKIRT YA JEANS YA JUMP SUIT PEHEN KE JAYEGI NAHI

SHE WILL TOO WEAR GHAGRA CHOLI BUT FROM A CITY DESINER LABEL U KNOW THAT IS NOT BACKARD OE UNCOOTH YUCK THAT GIRL IS SHE REALLY FROM THE SHEKHAR FAMILY

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tootyfruity

Yash.Pal

Goldie

Yash.Pal

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Sujal,

Read your post with great interest.  You write so well, it is a pleasure to read your posts.  Yeah, I also got put off by Cocktail  Having lived and grown up in the West for many years, yet having strong roots back in India, I somehow cannot stomach it when a person tries to ape another person/culture/attitude.  In Cocktail that was my problem, people trying to ape tantamounting to mocking.  Deepika certainly was trying to.  Plenty remained what she was, but there was no connect. And Saif's character was simply humbug.

In our current case. Saanchi is a odd ball product, produced in Udaipur, genes of Alok and Ira, yet trying to be Western, looking down upon gaonwalis etc.  I find it so pathetic.

Out of yesterday's episode what stood out for me was Anandi saying 'this is who I am, this is what I shall remain'.  You get what you see.  No false hoods or hypocrisy there.  One may not like her, as some members appear to have innumerable problems with her, but at least you know what she is and there is no chhal in that.  

There has to be a basic ethos of a person, the day I trade that, I won't be me.

Yash

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

tootyfruityznursinghSiriuslySujal5centsSuchi-aparnauma

tootyfruity

Goldie

tootyfruity

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhach

Saanchi made an observation..but IF members please think rationally how much is the trutth what she says..I understand that the way she said  is unparliamenatry.  I usualy see during some wedding ceremonies...LOLLOL
This was the start of Topic...Anandi was no where  in this topic..it started as Saanchi made an observation and I wanted the honest opinion..The poll clearly shows the divergent views and honest comments grom IF members ..thanks to All..

It s very painful to see comments that the topic starter or other people who gave honest opinions are Anandi  bashers...
People speak in polls ..not the topic maker...
Honest comments from the members should not be seen as Bashers...we are all not different ..but we all unique and this uniqueness of us teaches us to be respected and respect others..
Dear Anandi has taught us that if we have difference ..we need to respect them and if we are true followers of Anandi we should practise what we learn from her..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ShinyaYash.Palznursinghelasingh

5cents

IF-Rockerz

5cents

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by YashpalDhavan

Sujal,

Out of yesterday's episode what stood out for me was Anandi saying 'this is who I am, this is what I shall remain'.  You get what you see.  No false hoods or hypocrisy there.  One may not like her, as some members appear to have innumerable problems with her, but at least you know what she is and there is no chhal in that.  

There has to be a basic ethos of a person, the day I trade that, I won't be me.

Yash

Yash,  Anandi's ETHOS will lead to Sanchi's Pathos...just my 5centsEmbarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tootyfruitySiriuslySujalznursinghaparnauma

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.