Ghaggra Jholli - Page 6

Poll

How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shinya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: tistaa

First of all this topic is really very funny...controversy on wearing dress????really??? lolzzz🀣🀣 I dont think that BV mein itni bad time aa gayi hai ke ajkal Anandi ki dress ko lekar he dispute kar na padh raha hai...πŸ˜† I mean really guyz serious tpoics ki itni kami ho gayi hai kya serial mein?😲 and really I salute these Anandi BashersπŸ˜† I mean really it's a very tough jod to find fault in any person when there is no fault at all...πŸ˜† So much talent is needed for thisπŸ‘πŸΌ kuch nahi milla bash karne ko toh Anandi i Ghagra he sahiπŸ˜†...LolzzzπŸ˜†

Appreciate your salutation to these anandi-bashers. However, I fail to understand in what they are bashing anandi's ghagra. πŸ€£

I think it was saanchi who criticized anandi (not her ghagra) for wearing a ghagra-choli while going to watch a movie. So I think that you should appreciate saanchi's talent and salute saanchi.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by Shinya - 11 years ago
Yash.Pal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shinya

Appreciate your salutation to these anandi-bashers. However, I fail to understand in what they are bashing anandi's ghagra. πŸ€£

I think it was saanchi who criticized anandi (not her ghagra) for wearing a ghagra-choli while going to watch a movie. So I think that you should appreciate saanchi's talent and salute saanchi.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Shaadi byaah mein ghagra choli India ke villages m ein kai aurtain ghaghra choli pehenti hai

AND LETS NOT FOGET DURIN NAVRATRI HUM JAISE MINI SKIRT PEHENNE WAALI GIRLS BHI BADE CHHAV SE P DAYA GHAGRA CHOLI PEHENKAR DANDIYA KHELNE JAATI HAIN.

SAACHI APNE BHAI KI SHAADI MEIN MINI SKIRT YA JEANS YA JUMP SUIT PEHEN KE JAYEGI NAHI

SHE WILL TOO WEAR GHAGRA CHOLI BUT FROM A CITY DESINER LABEL U KNOW THAT IS NOT BACKARD OE UNCOOTH YUCK THAT GIRL IS SHE REALLY FROM THE SHEKHAR FAMILY

Yash.Pal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sujal,

Read your post with great interest.  You write so well, it is a pleasure to read your posts.  Yeah, I also got put off by Cocktail  Having lived and grown up in the West for many years, yet having strong roots back in India, I somehow cannot stomach it when a person tries to ape another person/culture/attitude.  In Cocktail that was my problem, people trying to ape tantamounting to mocking.  Deepika certainly was trying to.  Plenty remained what she was, but there was no connect. And Saif's character was simply humbug.

In our current case. Saanchi is a odd ball product, produced in Udaipur, genes of Alok and Ira, yet trying to be Western, looking down upon gaonwalis etc.  I find it so pathetic.

Out of yesterday's episode what stood out for me was Anandi saying 'this is who I am, this is what I shall remain'.  You get what you see.  No false hoods or hypocrisy there.  One may not like her, as some members appear to have innumerable problems with her, but at least you know what she is and there is no chhal in that.  

There has to be a basic ethos of a person, the day I trade that, I won't be me.

Yash

Tuttifrutti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bhach

Saanchi made an observation..but IF members please think rationally how much is the trutth what she says..I understand that the way she said  is unparliamenatry.  I usualy see during some wedding ceremonies...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

This was the start of Topic...Anandi was no where  in this topic..it started as Saanchi made an observation and I wanted the honest opinion..The poll clearly shows the divergent views and honest comments grom IF members ..thanks to All..

It s very painful to see comments that the topic starter or other people who gave honest opinions are Anandi  bashers...
People speak in polls ..not the topic maker...
Honest comments from the members should not be seen as Bashers...we are all not different ..but we all unique and this uniqueness of us teaches us to be respected and respect others..
Dear Anandi has taught us that if we have difference ..we need to respect them and if we are true followers of Anandi we should practise what we learn from her..
5cents thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: YashpalDhavan

Sujal,

Out of yesterday's episode what stood out for me was Anandi saying 'this is who I am, this is what I shall remain'.  You get what you see.  No false hoods or hypocrisy there.  One may not like her, as some members appear to have innumerable problems with her, but at least you know what she is and there is no chhal in that.  

Yash

Yash,  Anandi's ETHOS will lead to Sanchi's Pathos...just my 5cents😳
tistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhach

This was the start of Topic...Anandi was no where  in this topic..it started as Saanchi made an observation and I wanted the honest opinion..The poll clearly shows the divergent views and honest comments grom IF members ..thanks to All..

It s very painful to see comments that the topic starter or other people who gave honest opinions are Anandi  bashers...
People speak in polls ..not the topic maker...
Honest comments from the members should not be seen as Bashers...we are all not different ..but we all unique and this uniqueness of us teaches us to be respected and respect others..
Dear Anandi has taught us that if we have difference ..we need to respect them and if we are true followers of Anandi we should practise what we learn from her..

Well I dont disrespect but I dont understand one thing...when people has no problem in bashing Anandi then why they are upset by calling them Anandi basher.Do you really think that such topic like why Anandi clearing mud by her hand or why she give long speech to give answare to Saanch is worth to bash?what is the fault  in here ? but you go and see the Frustration thread you see these bashing.
It's like whatever she does somebody has to bash her and I dont think I've done anything wrong if I call basher as a basher bcoz this is what they do.I am not critising them but I will call then by what they are doing.
@Bold dont tell me abt honest opinion bcoz I dont think supporting a powerfull character like Anandi is a dishonest opinion. and critising her is sooo honest opinion
Edited by tistaa - 11 years ago
rukhsar.crazy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
if u visit some rural places rajasthan gujrat and haryana..u'll find ppl still wearing ghagra choli 24x7...
even here in karanataka...some rural ppl still were ghagra...called as lehnga davni
Edited by rukhsar.crazy - 11 years ago
_zephyr thumbnail

Hi

When i lived in London one of close freinds had a friend in her area - call her V - who was from Rajasthan and a Rajput. She was a homemaker and her husband was on a project there from Infosys at the client site. She used to wear shalwaar-khameez, jeans etc and on very hot days even capris with sleeveless blouses...we had known her for 2 years by that point...and then her mom-in-law came vsiting from Rajasthan...and out came the ghagras ...believe me we were astounded - she was in those clothes 24/7 and would come to our houses in that, and go to the corner shop to get milk or anything else and to her son's playschool to pick him up...and she would even have the ghunghat!  and this is in London...and to this day I am confused whether  i should applaud her for chutzpah in dressing like that in London and going around so that she is the proper bahu in front of her MIL and keep her happy or just shake my head at the hypocrisy of it all!!!
Also - my company (MNC in India) is having an annual outing on sat and have come up with a dress code...men - formals with ties et all
women - gowns, western skirts and tops (no chudidars, no shalwar khameez, no jeans and kurtis ...nothing) if not gowns then saris!
I am like WHAT THE - this is ridiculous - u r expecting guys to shell out 7000rs for a suit and you want the girls (most in early twenties and some married and tradional) in which very few will be comfortable...and this mail came from the HR head (to whom you would hv gone with the complaint in the first place) who also happens to be a woman!
I wonder where all this blind imitation of the west is going to take us!
10 years in London and I loved it, but also I am loving it back here in India equally...no place is perfect - there is good and bad everywhere and it is in our nazariya to see and adapt to what we want to!

SiriuslySujal thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: YashpalDhavan

Sujal,

Read your post with great interest.  You write so well, it is a pleasure to read your posts.  Yeah, I also got put off by Cocktail  Having lived and grown up in the West for many years, yet having strong roots back in India, I somehow cannot stomach it when a person tries to ape another person/culture/attitude.  In Cocktail that was my problem, people trying to ape tantamounting to mocking.  Deepika certainly was trying to.  Plenty remained what she was, but there was no connect. And Saif's character was simply humbug.

In our current case. Saanchi is a odd ball product, produced in Udaipur, genes of Alok and Ira, yet trying to be Western, looking down upon gaonwalis etc.  I find it so pathetic.

Yash

Yash,

Thank you very much 😊 Agreed - I think everyone should embrace whatever myriad of influences makes them who they are rather than trying to pigeonhole themselves into specific categories. Trying to be something other than who you are in any sense indicates that you feel that you are somehow not good enough in your current avatar. Self-improvement is one thing, but trying to entirely change yourself is quite another. I loved that Anandi said yesterday that she would not be able to change to be more like the bhabhi Saanchi had hoped to have; it was nice to see that she has reached that level of comfort with herself after the beating her confidence took from Jagya's years of emotional abuse. I still don't like that she thinks she's not good enough for Shiv, but that is understandable given her experiences, and hopefully Shiv will tackle that elephant in the room in future episodes.