Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Ghaggra Jholli (Page 6)

Poll Question: How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
51 [59.30%]
5 [5.81%]
25 [29.07%]
5 [5.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Blukitten IF-Sizzlerz
Blukitten
Blukitten

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
Anandi wears ghagra choli because she is in jaitser...put her in mumbai..new york delhi i m sure she would change...jaisa des waisa bhesh.
i wear jeans miniskirts shorts...everything wen i m in a metro city but wen i visit my home town i am conservatively dresses coz i dont want to be a center of attraction...its useless to criticise anandi for her derssing in jaitser...let her go out firts

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

brick_redYash.PalaajkalChytrahookedtiny15Suchi-

AnjanaYYZ Coolbie
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
If I can confidently wear Salwar-Kurta to Uni class n even work from time to time in Amrika and Sanchi can wear jeans to gaon ki temple  then y can't Anandi wear gaghra choli in Jaitsar, as its Sarpanch??Confused

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

_zephyrbrick_redYash.PalChytraaajkalznursinghhookedKwitKattsSiriuslySujalleo4evertiny15aparnauma

elasingh IF-Stunnerz
elasingh
elasingh

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhach

Does dress matter who we are. There are two dimensions in the life. First  our physical appearance which includes our nose, colour of skin and  eyes. In today s world no body would like to comment or like to listen comment when made based on these three observations.
The second dimensions in the life are what you wear, eat, where you live, your education,age , your maritial status, which vehicle you own, where you work, to whom you talk, your friendly circle and many others.

Who we are , we are judged by these primary and secondary dimensions.

As we do not have control on our primary dimensions, we cannot change those , so the secondary dimensions allows us the oportunity as a human being to show who we are...

Well, Ghagra cholli is part of dress and it makes the other people to think who we are. Of course , it does not matter what we think..again people judging the others by only dress does not show the true reflection. But the truth is we are judged by the dress and it matters a lot..

How many IAS or allied services women wear Ghagra cholli in the work place...

How many IAS andallied male officers wear typical rajsthani dress when working...

Dress matters...in the life of an individual...

Afterall in Jaitsar, Teacher ji does not wear ghagra cholli for whom Anandi has high respect and I personally feel that she is the one of my favourite character in BV..

Sekhars family s woment do not wear...

AND FINALLY OUR GAURI  never was seen in Ghagra choli except once(at the time of marriage  she first time wore and got into trouble for the whole life)  although she is also from same area Anandi is...LOLLOLLOL

Agree. Clothes matter.
You are what you wear.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalShinya

KwitKatts IF-Dazzler
KwitKatts
KwitKatts

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhach

Afterall in Jaitsar, Teacher ji does not wear ghagra cholli for whom Anandi has high respect and I personally feel that she is the one of my favourite character in BV..

Sekhars family s woment do not wear...

AND FINALLY OUR GAURI  never was seen in Ghagra choli except once(at the time of marriage  she first time wore and got into trouble for the whole life)  although she is also from same area Anandi is...LOLLOLLOL

Teacher ji wore a saari n not a ghaagra-choli coz she wasn't from Bileria...she was posted there by the govt.  She wore what she was accustomed to...

Daddu had already mentioned that they too used to wear those kind of clothes but with time they changed their way of dressing...

Gauri already detested "gaanv" n chulha-chauke vaalisLOL...to ghaagra-choli pehena dur ki baat he...

People wear what they are comfortable in...
Ghaagra choli is just another Indian dress like saari, salwaar suits, etc... Whats wrong in wearing them???
BTW there are ladies in my neighbourhood who wear ghagra-cholis 24/7SmileSmile and I live in a city...Its not that bhaari-bharkam as they show in BV though...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Yash.Palleo4evertiny15aparnauma

znursingh IF-Dazzler
znursingh
znursingh

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 12:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

I'm an Indian myself Madame, should you have mistaken me for anything else.
My comment was directed at Urban Indians. Please go through my post more minutely. And, harsh as it might sound, we urban Indians are not really accustomed to considering people "cool" or "educated" enough if they're not Westernised to some degree. Big smile

No.No.NO, I was never questioning your Indian-ness! That was never my intention and I apologize if it came across as such.
What I WAS questioning was the veracity of your claims that for most Indians ethnic wear is a burden!"We urban Indians" REALLY is TOO small a number for their opinions to be projected as that of all Indians-20% out of 2% is nearly infinitesimal  number for anybody to give credence to their opinion! What this ridiculously marginal minority thinks is 'cool" or "educated"has NO bearing on what the vast majority of India thinks!!
In any case,for the majority of Indian-RURAL-it never is a matter of modernity-it is always about practicality,affordability and above all comfortable wear-THEY are not ruled by Vogue! I guess they are too busy making two ends meet!!

PS=I read EVERYTHING carefully-so too your post!! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

arunima_LUIT

tistaa IF-Sizzlerz
tistaa
tistaa

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 12:58am | IP Logged
First of all this topic is really very funny...controversy on wearing dress????really??? lolzzzROFLROFL I dont think that BV mein itni bad time aa gayi hai ke ajkal Anandi ki dress ko lekar he dispute kar na padh raha hai...LOL I mean really guyz serious tpoics ki itni kami ho gayi hai kya serial mein?Shocked and really I salute these Anandi BashersLOL I mean really it's a very tough jod to find fault in any person when there is no fault at all...LOL So much talent is needed for thisThumbs Up kuch nahi milla bash karne ko toh Anandi i Ghagra he sahiLOL...LolzzzLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ChytraYash.Palznursinghhookedleo4ever

5cents IF-Rockerz
5cents
5cents

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Stand out and make a difference, let yourself be proud of you and the world will cheer for you!!  This is exactly what Anandi did by following all the strict rules of DS.  By remaining in drab & dull- down mrkt Ghargra Choli Anandi established solidarity nets and faced HER life bravely. so 3 cheers for her !! Thumbs Up

India is the  Land of kamasutra ...so do we really need clothes to make statement lol LOL
Yash.Pal Goldie
Yash.Pal
Yash.Pal

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 1:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tistaa

First of all this topic is really very funny...controversy on wearing dress????really??? lolzzzROFLROFL I dont think that BV mein itni bad time aa gayi hai ke ajkal Anandi ki dress ko lekar he dispute kar na padh raha hai...LOL I mean really guyz serious tpoics ki itni kami ho gayi hai kya serial mein?Shocked and really I salute these Anandi Bashers I mean really it's a very tough job to find fault in any person when there is no fault at all..So much talent is needed for this kuch nahi milla bash karne ko toh Anandi i Ghagra he sahiLOL...LolzzzLOL

Lovely piece, nice satire.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

znursinghleo4evertiny15

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index