Balika Vadhu

Ghaggra Jholli (Page 5)

Poll Question: How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
51 [59.30%]
5 [5.81%]
25 [29.07%]
5 [5.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 18

Shinya

Goldie

Shinya

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suchi-Virmanian

Originally posted by Shinya

Originally posted by Suchi-Virmanian

I use to live in Rajasthan...they wore gaghra a lot. 

I do not understand why Indians always mock their own people??

We never see westerners argue about people's dresses and how they portray themselves.
They simply have th e attitude.. If they are comfortable then cool!

The so called Indian born confused wanna be western desis ...think they are modern but they are the ones with backward thinking. Commenting on how people present themselves to make them feel superior????

The idea of modern is about open thoughts not open clothes...

This is precisely why I do not want anandi to change her wardrobe. 

She should do it only if she wants it not because some Joe Shmoe wants it done or thinks is not maardan enough

Now, is the above comment meant for Saanchi or the members of this forum who live in the west?
As far as I know, saanchi is not an Indian born western desi. 

THis comment is for those people who live in India but think they are modern and yet their mentality is nothing but that of those who are close minded. 

Thanks for the clarification.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkal

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ghaggra Jholli (Page 5)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Shinya

Goldie

Shinya

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:38pm | IP Logged

Just as wearing a ghagra-choli does not make one a backward, wearing a 'suit-boot' does not make you modern.

I don't understand why CVs are hell-bent on portraying shiv as a stupid moron giggling and smiling to himself? In the Jeep, he was behaving as if he had just finished his suhag-raat. LOL Crazy!!

In the last episode, he told anandi that he liked many girls but never found someone like her who could cook, do gardening and be a good caretaker. Do you call that a broad-mindedness ?

Didn't ashima have good culture though brought up in the west? Wasn't she a loving woman who was liked by every one in his family? Didn't she love him? In fact she loved him truly to sacrifice her love without any protests.

But maybe she was not a good cook or knew much about gardening or an expert at doing head-massage and wearing ghagra-choli. So he thought that she wasn't a wife material?

At least, I don't find Shiv modern in any way. He is as backward as any other illiterate Jaitser villager.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalelasingh

AnjanaYYZ

Coolbie

AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
@Shinya - everyone has their own "wishes" for their mate... Shiv's was a "desi girl", who would have her own identity but care for him and his family.  He found that in Anandi - a woman with a hard fought identity, depth, and a caring nature who likes cooking, gardening, and desi nuskas.  Don't know that's modern or backward... Its just what he wished for.  CM wanted something different for him.. as obviously does Sanchi.  But, he is the one who has to live with his choice...And Ashi was not someone who could stand by him and calmly & convincingly fight for the causes and principles he believes in. As such he picked the person who he felt attracted to and who suited his idea of an ideal wife.  Why denigrate or judge him for that?

As for Ashi, she had issues with his job, which is part n parcel of who he is.  I don't know much about marriage...but, I don't think you should marry anyone if you can't accept core aspects of them.  India was a "novelty" for her not the norm...she clearly liked her own job in London...and would she have enjoyed cooking halwa for Shiv daily?  Or gardening with daadu?  Shiv-n-Anandi perceive marriage as union of two families not just 2 people...even that was a new idea for Ashi.  So, though she may ve "loved" him, I don't know that Shiv was the right man for Ashima.   

P.S. All most people in a relationship want is to be loved for who they are.  Shiv loves A as is.  He could not love Ashi the same way.  Ashi would ve twisted herself into a pretzel trying to make S happy, which would be sad.  JMO.

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 14 November 2012 at 5:03pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Shoma_brick_redaajkalqueen-beeSiriuslySujalhookedKwitKatts5centsarunima_LUITtiny15Suchi-dixie123aparnauma

queen-bee

Goldie

queen-bee

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
@Shinya - Anjana,  has given a wonderfully complete answer to you.  Most people want to be loved for who they are. Shiv like and loves Ajee the way she is...so it is perfectly alright for them. 

You may find Shiv backward & illiterate and detest HIM ...but I'm sure there would be thousands in India ready to marry an backward, silly IAS officer  and love absolutely everything about him! There is no specific list of characteristics to be a good hubby or wife. It's all relative to each person. Literally... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!  If a guy smiles or girl smiles for no reason that shows they are in LOVE. Embarrassed 
Death is certain... Life is not...so enjoy while you can Smile
Thx God you don't have to join Anandi & Shiv in playpen so chillCool

Edited by queen-bee - 14 November 2012 at 6:08pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Shoma_brick_redAnjanaYYZaajkalhooked5centstiny15dixie123aparnauma

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by znursingh

Originally posted by krystal_watz

Unfortunately, 90% of Urban Indians belong to that category, willingly or unwittingly. How many men would wear a sherwani/dhoti on a normal day? Our ideas of "sophistication" are Eurocentric, we are conditioned to feel sorry for people who don't speak impeccable English, we don't like wearing traditional wear to Corporate functions. We're all pseudo-Westerners in the cities, we are conditioned to be.

I'm sorry that you should think so negatively about Indians and make such sweeping & negative generalizations.Please realize that "pseudo westerners" and those "conditioned" to be so are merely TWENTY percent of the TWO percent Indians who live in the four metros. That is a negligible number-it IS deplorable that theminuscule minority,in your view,is the average Indian.

I'm an Indian myself Madame, should you have mistaken me for anything else.
My comment was directed at Urban Indians. Please go through my post more minutely. And, harsh as it might sound, we urban Indians are not really accustomed to considering people "cool" or "educated" enough if they're not Westernised to some degree. Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Shoma_aajkalznursinghKwitKatts

AnjanaYYZ

Coolbie

AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
@Queen-bee - sach mein, yaar... how can anyone object to a Happy Shappy Shivjee?ROFLROFLROFL  He's getting married to the woman he's madly in love with and probably for the first time ever, he broke the rules to meet with her!  Y can't he enjoy that!  What makes AnSh special is their capacity to enjoy the simple thingsThumbs Up  Does it have to be "suhaag raat" for a man to be that happy?!  

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Shoma_brick_redaajkalhooked5centstiny15Suchi-

Sargesh

Sargesh

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
In rajputs of rajasthan didn't matter they are urban or rural their ladies alws wear ghaghra choli. In their custom saree is not allowed as in saree some parts of body like stomach,neck and back are bared so they alws use to wear ghghra choli. Yes i agree they don't wear like that of anandi's bhari bharkam gotas chamak damak odhnis with heavy jewels their ghghras r very comfortable and very light weighed and very easy to handle more than a saree. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

brick_redaajkalKwitKattstiny15

aajkal

Goldie

aajkal

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Does dress matter who we are. There are two dimensions in the life. First  our physical appearance which includes our nose, colour of skin and  eyes. In today s world no body would like to comment or like to listen comment when made based on these three observations.
The second dimensions in the life are what you wear, eat, where you live, your education,age , your maritial status, which vehicle you own, where you work, to whom you talk, your friendly circle and many others.

Who we are , we are judged by these primary and secondary dimensions.

As we do not have control on our primary dimensions, we cannot change those , so the secondary dimensions allows us the oportunity as a human being to show who we are...

Well, Ghagra cholli is part of dress and it makes the other people to think who we are. Of course , it does not matter what we think..again people judging the others by only dress does not show the true reflection. But the truth is we are judged by the dress and it matters a lot..

How many IAS or allied services women wear Ghagra cholli in the work place...

How many IAS andallied male officers wear typical rajsthani dress when working...

Dress matters...in the life of an individual...

Afterall in Jaitsar, Teacher ji does not wear ghagra cholli for whom Anandi has high respect and I personally feel that she is the one of my favourite character in BV..

Sekhars family s woment do not wear...

AND FINALLY OUR GAURI  never was seen in Ghagra choli except once(at the time of marriage  she first time wore and got into trouble for the whole life)  although she is also from same area Anandi is...LOLLOLLOL

Edited by bhach - 14 November 2012 at 8:59pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

elasingh

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.