Balika Vadhu

Ghaggra Jholli (Page 4)

Poll Question: How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
51 [59.30%]
5 [5.81%]
25 [29.07%]
5 [5.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 18

Yash.Pal

Goldie

Yash.Pal

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ritzy09

I have stayed in North India for almost all my life with frequent visits to UP, Haryana and Rajasthan. Though not that much in UP, but still in many small cities and almost all villages in Haryana and Rajasthan, traditional dress of ghagra choli (it is called by a different name in Haryana) is worn by most of the ladies.

Also, someone commented here that child marriages are a rarity. Well, sorry but that is not true in Rajasthan. For most parts of the country, government has been able to stop child marriages but I have read many articles stating that child marriages are still quite prevalant in Rajasthani villages. The teej festival which is shown in BV is considered as a very auspicios date and child marriages are done in samuhik way on that day...it is sad but very much a reality.

I agree fully

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalritzy09

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ghaggra Jholli (Page 4)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Yash.Pal

Goldie

Yash.Pal

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suchi-Virmanian

I use to live in Rajasthan...they wore gaghra a lot. 

I do not understand why Indians always mock their own people??

We never see westerners argue about people's dresses and how they portray themselves.
They simply have th e attitude.. If they are comfortable then cool!

The so called Indian born confused wanna be western desis ...think they are modern but they are the ones with backward thinking. Commenting on how people present themselves to make them feel superior????

The idea of modern is about open thoughts not open clothes...

This is precisely why I do not want anandi to change her wardrobe. 

She should do it only if she wants it not because some Joe Shmoe wants it done or thinks is not maardan enough
Suchi,

Just wanted to mention to you as I have interacted with you before, may be I have missed something, but the conversation amongst ourselves seems to have gone totally to whether wearing ghagra choli is good or bad and by wearing it has Anandi done something very apavitra type argument.  Simply do not understand.  Shiv has liked/loved Anandi the way she is, Sanchi hates the way Anandi is.  May be we hate Sanchi the way she is.  She is not outspoken as some members have said, she is downright rude and needed a slap in her formative years.

So where and why is the angst?  Let Anandi  wear ghagra and Sanchi wear jeans, why are we arguing about it?  Point being ghagra or jeans do not make up a person's mind or character.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mansimataajkalSiriuslySujalznursinghtiny15Suchi-

znursingh

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:32am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

aajkalYash.Pal

Yash.Pal

Goldie

Yash.Pal

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by znursingh

Originally posted by -Perseus-

To answer ur Question, i think very few people(maybe a handful) wear Ghagra  everyday  24/7. Just as very few people marry off at childhood. 

Here i understand that this serial is about those few people who live in village and are/were Balika Vadhu's who wear Ghagra's all the time. Tongue

Perseus,Sorry to be disagreeing with you,but this is simply not true.
Consider that NINETY percent of the Indian populace lives in village,a mere 8% in cities and ONLT 2% in the four metropolitan cities.
I am a Sikhini married to a Rajesthani,living in a small village near Delhi in Haryana! I can& do wear jeans/skirts when I go to town but I neither wish to offend nor draw unnecessary attention in the village nor in Faridabad,so I dress conservatively in a salwar Kamiz or a sari which,along with ghagras is the normal dress in the area-and I'm just 15 minutes away from the capital city!!

BTW=Personally,in very hot weather,I find,ghagras & saris much more comfortable (and airily cool) than the so called modern outfits!! 

CHEERS!!! 

Znur,

I loved your reply, so true, every word of yours.  I understand what you are saying and therefore find this whole thread of arguments very strange..

I have stayed in our family house in the village every few years and have enjoyed the simplicity of the people, yet the intensity with which they believe in what they believe in.  Some beliefs are very old fashioned, some are remarkably modern.  But great people to be with, sure you cannot discuss nuances of Son of Sardar versus Jab tak etc, nor the latest brand of wine and cheese, but they have their topics and they are no fools as Sanchi and some Forum members seem to think.

Great post.  CHEERS. Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalfastforwardSiriuslySujalznursingh

Yash.Pal

Goldie

Yash.Pal

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by znursingh

Originally posted by krystal_watz

Unfortunately, 90% of Urban Indians belong to that category, willingly or unwittingly. How many men would wear a sherwani/dhoti on a normal day? Our ideas of "sophistication" are Eurocentric, we are conditioned to feel sorry for people who don't speak impeccable English, we don't like wearing traditional wear to Corporate functions. We're all pseudo-Westerners in the cities, we are conditioned to be.

I'm sorry that you should think so negatively about Indians and make such sweeping & negative generalizations.Please realize that "pseudo westerners" and those "conditioned" to be so are merely TWENTY percent of the TWO percent Indians who live in the four metros. That is a negligible number-it IS deplorable that the minuscule minority,in your view,is the average Indian.

Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkal

Shinya

Goldie

Shinya

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:34pm | IP Logged

We never see westerners argue about people's dresses and how they portray themselves.

The so called Indian born confused wanna be western desis ...think they are modern but they are the ones with backward thinking. Commenting on how people present themselves to make them feel superior????

She should do it only if she wants it not because some Joe Shmoe wants it done or thinks is not maardan enough

Now, is the above comment meant for Saanchi or the members of this forum who live in the west?
As far as I know, saanchi is not an Indian born western desi. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkal

Savz_Startling

IF-Sizzlerz

Savz_Startling

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
sanchi n anandi both has their views. shiv selected anandi for wat she is. it's better cvs show personality makeover for sanchi than wardrobe makeover for anandi becos of sanchi. 

aajkalSiriuslySujal

Suchi-

IF-Sizzlerz

Suchi-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shinya

Now, is the above comment meant for Saanchi or the members of this forum who live in the west?
As far as I know, saanchi is not an Indian born western desi. 

THis comment is for those people who live in India but think they are modern and yet their mentality is nothing but that of those who are close minded. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalSiriuslySujalleo4evertiny15

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.