Balika Vadhu

Ghaggra Jholli (Page 3)

Poll Question: How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
51 [59.30%]
5 [5.81%]
25 [29.07%]
5 [5.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 18

surabhi01

IF-Rockerz

surabhi01

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 6:18am | IP Logged
well ghaghra is a  decent dress .if u know how to handle it then it is not uncomfortable u can easily wear it all time .

Edited by surabhi01 - 14 November 2012 at 6:23am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalYash.Palfastforwardznursingh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ghaggra Jholli (Page 3)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ritzy09

IF-Rockerz

ritzy09

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 6:56am | IP Logged
I have stayed in North India for almost all my life with frequent visits to UP, Haryana and Rajasthan. Though not that much in UP, but still in many small cities and almost all villages in Haryana and Rajasthan, traditional dress of ghagra choli (it is called by a different name in Haryana) is worn by most of the ladies.

Also, someone commented here that child marriages are a rarity. Well, sorry but that is not true in Rajasthan. For most parts of the country, government has been able to stop child marriages but I have read many articles stating that child marriages are still quite prevalant in Rajasthani villages. The teej festival which is shown in BV is considered as a very auspicios date and child marriages are done in samuhik way on that day...it is sad but very much a reality.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

brick_redShaista33vasanthimraoaajkalfastforwarddsupriyaarunima_LUITsurabhi01tv_princessaparnaumatiny15

..Tangled..

IF-Rockerz

..Tangled..

Jee Le Zara Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 7:10am | IP Logged
its true.i myself saw during my visit to rajasthan...Tongue

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalsurabhi01tv_princesstiny15

tv_princess

IF-Sizzlerz

tv_princess

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 7:20am | IP Logged
bhach i hv completed my studies from Rajasthan only n der i found lots of people waering ghagra choli 24/7 ..its part of their customs n culture ..even highly educated family's women wear ghagra choli with proud..

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Shaista33vasanthimraobrick_redaajkalYash.Palfastforwarddsupriyasurabhi01tiny15

Suchi-

IF-Sizzlerz

Suchi-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 7:33am | IP Logged
I use to live in Rajasthan...they wore gaghra a lot. 

I do not understand why Indians always mock their own people??

We never see westerners argue about people's dresses and how they portray themselves.
They simply have th e attitude.. If they are comfortable then cool!

The so called Indian born confused wanna be western desis ...think they are modern but they are the ones with backward thinking. Commenting on how people present themselves to make them feel superior????

The idea of modern is about open thoughts not open clothes...

This is precisely why I do not want anandi to change her wardrobe. 

She should do it only if she wants it not because some Joe Shmoe wants it done or thinks is not maardan enough

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Shaista33vasanthimraoaajkalChytraYash.Palsamvi.fastforwardznursinghmonamie111dsupriyaSiriuslySujalleo4everritzy09surabhi01tiny15

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suchi-Virmanian

I use to live in Rajasthan...they wore gaghra a lot.

I do not understand why Indians always mock their own people??

We never see westerners argue about people's dresses and how they portray themselves.
They simply have th e attitude.. If they are comfortable then cool!

The so called Indian born confused wanna be western desis ...think they are modern but they are the ones with backward thinking. Commenting on how people present themselves to make them feel superior????

The idea of modern is about open thoughts not open clothes...

This is precisely why I do not want anandi to change her wardrobe.

She should do it only if she wants it not because some Joe Shmoe wants it done or thinks is not maardan enough

Unfortunately, 90% of Urban Indians belong to that category, willingly or unwittingly. How many men would wear a sherwani/dhoti on a normal day? Our ideas of "sophistication" are Eurocentric, we are conditioned to feel sorry for people who don't speak impeccable English, we don't like wearing traditional wear to Corporate functions. We're all pseudo-Westerners in the cities, we are conditioned to be.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vasanthimraoaajkalfastforwardarunima_LUITleo4everSuchi-

znursingh

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Shaista33Yash.Palaajkalcs-07samvi.fastforwardaparnaumatiny15Suchi-

monamie111

IF-Dazzler

monamie111

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 9:25am | IP Logged
i don know actually...so i did not vote...but i think in Rajasthan side all the woman wears it!!

my neighbors r from Rajasthan..but as they r staying here in Kolkata they have started wearing saree..but when the neighborhood bhiayaa brought his bride from Rajasthan, we saw our "bhabhi" first time in ghagra choli!!..i was a kid then and it was a new thing for me and my frens! Smile...

bhabhi  told us that she did not know how to wear a saree & she is wearing that ghaghra choli since her childhood! and she was a graduate yaar!! she knows speaking English and she was not from any small village of Rajasthan!! she has taken months to learn how to wear a saree...before she started wearing sarees we saw her doing all the household works wearing ghaghra only!!

now she teaches in a school [English-medium for ur information!] and wears saree...but her original traditional dress was ghaghra of course!! Smile

Edited by monamie111 - 14 November 2012 at 9:26am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

brick_redChytraaajkalznursinghsamvi.fastforwarddsupriyaSiriuslySujaltiny15Suchi-Blukitten

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.