Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Ghaggra Jholli (Page 17)

Poll Question: How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
51 [59.30%]
5 [5.81%]
25 [29.07%]
5 [5.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Shinya Goldie
Shinya
Shinya

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by queen-bee

LOL TM,  gave the name Ghaggra Jholli  and this unique title brought me here.   Lo behold it is no more a choli it sure had turned into one JHOLI (mixed bags of sorts).  Quite a captivating post  on essential clothing.  Wonderful read on a lazy sunday afternoon.LOL

Hi there Queen-bee, you see the poll question itself was so tricky. How could you expect simple answers from the poor, honest, humble members ?

As you correctly pointed out, it was about the ghaggra and the jholli. The choli was missing... LOL
And the TM did not even say 'wear' ...LOLLOL

If all the 100% respondents gave wrong answers, it wasn't their fault by the way...LOL

That is the skill of our dear friend Bhach to confuse the members and get variety of answers to his simple looking but tricky question.  Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalelasingh

aajkal Goldie
aajkal
aajkal

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by queen-bee

LOL TM,  gave the name Ghaggra Jholli  and this unique title brought me here.   Lo behold it is no more a choli it sure had turned into one JHOLI (mixed bags of sorts).  Quite a captivating post  on essential clothing.  Wonderful read on a lazy sunday afternoon.LOL

I just thought that I'll recapitulate for myself only...

So the poll verdict is ...Yes, it is worn by many all the time in the villages & Jaitsar is a village & Anandi is a village belly.  And the temperature of Rajesthan is 4 degree C to 47 degree C...

Then came strong Anandi who has emerged stronger being in Ghagra... The gharra & its Karmic connection...WOW!!! If A likes wearing Ghagra then it is her good karma & if she hates it it is her bad karma. LOL Karma karma & maha karma...too much dramaWacko

Then came Ghagra to GandhiLOL.  If Anandi's emulates Sonia then who will be her Man'mohan' ...JagiaTongue ( no flames pl)

My views ...Mother Teressa to Sonia Gandhi to Phoolan devi...all these women have some kind of fascinating and compelling qualities. I admire some & am intrigued by some  but none wore GhagraTongue.  Each has a distinct dressing sense.

Then gradually Ghagra 's direction started to change ...It moved to Shiv Embarrassed.  If Anandi  is being discussed can Shiv be far behind Wink. Since this qs has not been answered else everything has been argued & explained very well...only missing link is Shiv in this Ghagra connection.LOL   My explanation is... ever since he started wearing those AIRY Dhoti & kurta ...wind started whistling through his mind hence the soft & airy approach LOL Hope you read this with an OPEN MIND without any wind whistling  & LOL

On a serious note:  Jaitsar is a village  and folks in villages wear Ghagra all the time ...it has just been converted to district ...so  dressing & mindset will not change overnight. 

Though I have not voted in the poll ...But sad truth of my life...  whenever I visit my hubby's  Gaon (ancestral  home) ...I have to wear sari  24/7 and the whole paraphernalia  even at night coz anytime anybody can come ...changing clothes is also a hassle. Our folks who stay there wear saries all the time and they say they are very comfortable and HAPPY.  On my last visit I gifted a beautiful night dress to one of  the bhabhi ...she is a graduate but lives in the village with her hubby...she politely  told me she will  never wear it, as she is not comfortable.  So I guess... to each his own.

TM, your qs was How many people wear ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Answer:   you got  A LOT...48.   So 48 voted YES. You got the right answer......In India... about 72.2% of the population lives in some 638,000 villages and only 27.8% in about 5,480 towns.

Well thanks to Gurmasti...she added Gauri s pregnancy...anyway Gauri wore ghaggra choli on her surprise marriage day with Jagya but that ghaggra chilli did not bring good luck to Gauri...CryCryCryCry

Shinyaelasingh

elasingh IF-Stunnerz
elasingh
elasingh

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Gauri ka character to khatam hi kar diya.

Ab to Sanchi is future Mrs Jagdish Singh.

aajkalShinya

elasingh IF-Stunnerz
elasingh
elasingh

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gurtimasti

keep commenting on ghagraa choli thread make superhit than gauri pregnancy hit thread which has 7000+views with comments around 200+ LOL

really.

aajkalShinya

Yash.Pal Goldie
Yash.Pal
Yash.Pal

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by elasingh

Originally posted by gurtimasti

keep commenting on ghagraa choli thread make superhit than gauri pregnancy hit thread which has 7000+views with comments around 200+ LOL

really.

This thread has become too long and getting a trifle over the top.  Khatam karey?  Gurti is right LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkal

elasingh IF-Stunnerz
elasingh
elasingh

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Yash plz aisa mat bolo. Aur koi thread new one hai bhi nahi.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalShinyaYash.Pal

Yash.Pal Goldie
Yash.Pal
Yash.Pal

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by elasingh

Yash plz aisa mat bolo. Aur koi thread new one hai bhi nahi.

Hi Ela, good morning, you are right of course Wink.

Let's go for it and write more about ghaghra and choli (instead of jholi).  Someone tell Saanchi that Sabyasachi is having an exhibition in Bombay of his latest designs of ghaghra and choli.  Wink

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkalShinyaSiriuslySujalelasinghaparnauma

aajkal Goldie
aajkal
aajkal

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
I think Saachi does not have any objection to Ghaggra but she does not like the lenght of Ghagra...I am sure if the length of Ghaggra is reduced to half or one third she will be happy...So difference between modern and old is only of the length...WinkWinkWinkWink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ShinyaYash.PalSiriuslySujalelasingh

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index