Balika Vadhu

Ghaggra Jholli (Page 16)

Poll Question: How many people ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
51 [59.30%]
5 [5.81%]
25 [29.07%]
5 [5.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 16 of 18

mahi12

Coolbie

mahi12

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhach

Originally posted by mahi12

wow this seem to me an interesting poll thats why so many comments LOLbtw bhach dear every person loves to wear his / her traditional  dress 24/7 whats so surprising in it 
Thanks. every person loves to wear traditional dress 24/7...but we only love to wear but we actually do not wear...LOLLOLLOL
really . i don't think so LOL the things we don't like wearing we will never wear them LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ghaggra Jholli (Page 16)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aajkal

Goldie

aajkal

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:36am | IP Logged

wow this seem to me an interesting poll thats why so many comments LOLbtw bhach dear every person loves to wear his / her traditional  dress 24/7 whats so surprising in it 
Thanks. every person loves to wear traditional dress 24/7...but we only love to wear but we actually do not wear...LOLLOLLOL
really . i don't think so LOL the things we don't like wearing we will never wear them LOL
I mean to say that I love to wear short and t shirt every time..I always feel comfortable...but unfortunately, i get very less hours to wear daily...I cannot wear  this dressat job ...I cannot wear in cold ...but my dress is not like ghagra choli of Anandi which is good for every season...for every weather...WinkWinkWinkWinkWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Shinyaelasingh

aparnauma

IF-Sizzlerz

aparnauma

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged

I wear sarees  to work because that's what is worn by the people in the area where I live and work.Modernity is also about being flexible and adapting to changes.It is not about being rigid and sticking out like sore thumb like Sanchi does.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mahi12Yash.Palaajkalhookedtiny15

mahi12

Coolbie

mahi12

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Ghagara choli is not made of one type of cloth only there are many types of clothes like your T shirts aren't some warm some light ..so thats how ghaghara choli can also go in every season LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aajkaltiny15

aajkal

Goldie

aajkal

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:56am | IP Logged

Ghagara choli is not made of one type of cloth only there are many types of clothes like your T shirts aren't some warm some light ..so thats how ghaghara choli can also go in every season LOL
I thought Anandi s Ghagra choli is a very "high tech"  dress insulated in such a way that it s good for 24/7...she is never shown wearing any warm clothes..WinkWinkWinkWink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shinya

SiriuslySujal

IF-Dazzler

SiriuslySujal

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Well, the lack of warm clothes thing goes for pretty much every character in every Indian serial ever, except maybe one or two that were set in Kashmir or England or somewhere...

Does it get cold in Rajasthan? Just wondering, as I know next to nothing about Indian weather. Where I live, I can comfortably wear the same outfits all year 'round as it never dips below 24 C. So if Rajasthan doesn't get particularly cold either, I reckon the ghagra cholis could work all year 'round...

aajkal

Goldie

aajkal

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SiriuslySujal

Well, the lack of warm clothes thing goes for pretty much every character in every Indian serial ever, except maybe one or two that were set in Kashmir or England or somewhere...

Does it get cold in Rajasthan? Just wondering, as I know next to nothing about Indian weather. Where I live, I can comfortably wear the same outfits all year 'round as it never dips below 24 C. So if Rajasthan doesn't get particularly cold either, I reckon the ghagra cholis could work all year 'round...
4 degree C to 47 degree C...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShinyaSiriuslySujalelasingh

queen-bee

Goldie

queen-bee

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
LOL TM,  gave the name Ghaggra Jholli  and this unique title brought me here.   Lo behold it is no more a choli it sure had turned into one JHOLI (mixed bags of sorts).  Quite a captivating post  on essential clothing.  Wonderful read on a lazy sunday afternoon.LOL

I just thought that I'll recapitulate for myself only...

So the poll verdict is ...Yes, it is worn by many all the time in the villages & Jaitsar is a village & Anandi is a village belly.  And the temperature of Rajesthan is 4 degree C to 47 degree C...

Then came strong Anandi who has emerged stronger being in Ghagra... The gharra & its Karmic connection...WOW!!! If A likes wearing Ghagra then it is her good karma & if she hates it it is her bad karma. LOL Karma karma & maha karma...too much dramaWacko

Then came Ghagra to GandhiLOL.  If Anandi's emulates Sonia then who will be her Man'mohan' ...JagiaTongue ( no flames pl)

My views ...Mother Teressa to Sonia Gandhi to Phoolan devi...all these women have some kind of fascinating and compelling qualities. I admire some & am intrigued by some  but none wore GhagraTongue.  Each has a distinct dressing sense.

Then gradually Ghagra 's direction started to change ...It moved to Shiv Embarrassed.  If Anandi  is being discussed can Shiv be far behind Wink. Since this qs has not been answered else everything has been argued & explained very well...only missing link is Shiv in this Ghagra connection.LOL   My explanation is... ever since he started wearing those AIRY Dhoti & kurta ...wind started whistling through his mind hence the soft & airy approach LOL Hope you read this with an OPEN MIND without any wind whistling  & LOL

On a serious note:  Jaitsar is a village  and folks in villages wear Ghagra all the time ...it has just been converted to district ...so  dressing & mindset will not change overnight. 

Though I have not voted in the poll ...But sad truth of my life...  whenever I visit my hubby's  Gaon (ancestral  home) ...I have to wear sari  24/7 and the whole paraphernalia  even at night coz anytime anybody can come ...changing clothes is also a hassle. Our folks who stay there wear saries all the time and they say they are very comfortable and HAPPY.  On my last visit I gifted a beautiful night dress to one of  the bhabhi ...she is a graduate but lives in the village with her hubby...she politely  told me she will  never wear it, as she is not comfortable.  So I guess... to each his own.

TM, your qs was How many people wear ghaggra jholli 24/7 now a days?

Answer:   you got  A LOT...48.   So 48 voted YES. You got the right answer......In India... about 72.2% of the population lives in some 638,000 villages and only 27.8% in about 5,480 towns.

Edited by queen-bee - 18 November 2012 at 2:17pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

smriti81AnjanaYYZaajkalChytraShinyaSiriuslySujalhookedarunima_LUITaparnaumaelasinghSuchi-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.