Amrit- Devas & Asuras - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by mnx12

Samudra Manthan is a very big event that happened in Puranas with contribution of Tridevas, Devas & Asuras. This entire incident shows on first thought, that Asuras were cheated. Some say asuras wprked hard but didn't get anything.
Asuras did get something.
Here Samudra Manthan is shown from Shivji's pov but Vishnuji has a major role to play. 
Why Tridevs didn't help Asuras ? Let's see.
Shivji by drinking Halahal helped everyone including Devas, Asuras, Animals, Humans, the entire World.
As far as Vishnuji is concerned, he took Kurma avatar, held Mandar paravt during the entire churning, that itself is a big contribution. He got Lakshmiji back, so did the entire World.
Bali was a good king, but all other Asuras were not. had they become immortal, then this World would have been different. Asuras have a tendancy of misusing their power after getting a boon, for their tough penance. The World would have been different if along with good Asura like Bali others with Asuri vrittis would have become immortal.
Simillarly all the Devas are not perfect. Devraj Indra, is portrayed badly in this show, the real one was better then this one. The Devas like Indra, Agnidev, Vayudev etc are performing significant duties in this World since beginning, why any Asura is not given any important duty like Devas?
May be the reason, why Devas were given Amrit lies in the above mentioned fact. To retain balance of Brhmaji's creation, for which Aadi shakti was seperated form Shivji' Ardhnarishwar form many years back & it took her lots of efforts to unite back with him. To retain all the good things may be it was necessary that Asuras should not be immortal or after becoming immortal they might destroy all good things, even no one will listen to the Tridevs.
Devas, Indra are controllable by Tridevas upto certain extent but not all the Asuras. Would other asuras have listened to Bali to follow path of Dharma after being immortal? Higly doubtful.

Also Devas are not cruel.

they dont trouble humans

they dont encroach onto others land

Asurs become vain fast. Power goes to there head

most of them barring a few exeptions are cruel and kill humans and sages
Originally posted by kkr531

I did'nt know that forum discussion should be only limited to what has been shown in the show, if every thing that has been shown in the show is to be relied, i really don't know what to say.

Moreover its not whether who is right or wrong,  there are hundreds of commentaries on samudra manthan and most of them (90%) are on similar vein whether mythological or spiritual its rather monotonic. i was providing another angle to look at it.

Moreover the post discussed the event as real event rather than mythological hence i had to go into the historical aspect of samudra manthan. so my commentary is perfectly justified with in the context of the post.

regards
Krishna 
This forum is of the show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, so discussions have to be based on that. If a topic is made on basis of some track going on currently then it is highly understood discussion is for that. History of Asuras & Devas is not covered in this show, so giving that as a reference to ridicule the main post by calling it shallow & doesn't make sense is not right.
This post inclded views based on many past, current & future events occured in Mythology. History has it's limitations, Why only consider History, consider Science, Geogrophy, Psychology too.
I am reminded of Udhav

I know this is a bit OT

but I could not help saying it

For those who dont know who was Udhav

he was a guy who used to distribute lot of gyan on sprituality and wennt to preach Radha Rani

Now I dont know why I am reminded of thatπŸ˜†
Originally posted by mnx12

This forum is of the show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, so discussions have to be based on that. If a topic is made on basis of some track going on currently then it is highly understood discussion is for that. History of Asuras & Devas is not covered in this show, so giving that as a reference to ridicule the main post by calling it shallow & doesn't make sense is not right.
This post inclded views based on many past, current & future events occured in Mythology. History has it's limitations, Why only consider History, consider Science, Geogrophy, Psychology too.

come on is that ridiculing, its after all just a discussion. i was only giving a balanced view. if the asurs and devatas are conceived and discussed as real characters history is bound to come into picture but even if the puranas and scriptures are considered the judgement passed on that asurs would destroy the universe if given amrit is quite shallow argument.

i am open to discussion on that however if we intend to discuss objectively i suggest we start using citations so that we can verify the authenticity and veracity of the quoted scriptures

Best regards
Krishna 
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

I am reminded of Udhav

I know this is a bit OT

but I could not help saying it

For those who dont know who was Udhav

he was a guy who used to distribute lot of gyan on sprituality and wennt to preach Radha Rani

Now I dont know why I am reminded of thatπŸ˜†

and became devotee of radha rani in the end and triumph of bhakti marga over jnana marga is pronounced.😲

i am quite amused

but on serious note i am open to discussion bhakti and jnana marga

regards
krishna

History has it's limitations, Why only consider History, consider Science, Geogrophy, Psychology too.

actually we can consider geography i mean we can discuss the location of Deva and Asura kingdoms.

however i did not understand the meaning of science science can mean many things.

where as psychology i am not so into it, would love to know if  there are any works on psychological insight of Devatas and Asuras.

regards
krishna

Originally posted by vanadhi

almost u have said every ...deva's only work is to safe0β€ž2guard the earth and asura's only work to is0β€ž2disturb0β€ž2that by this or that means0β€ž20β€ž2πŸ˜†
these two are really funny before god's eyes i think so ...thats why shivji is favour of any one who follows darma ...where vishnu is0β€ž2interested0β€ž2to help the more comfortable ones who are less thread to his Earth (he is a preserver nah )=these leads to deva's automatically...
When good ones like Prahalad or bali0β€ž2campaign0β€ž2earth he relaxes a bit ...due to their good deeds ...
even in Ravan or kansh ...he do gave lot of time for them to enjoy0β€ž2their0β€ž2passtimes (like0β€ž2torturing0β€ž2indra and other's🀣) before his arrival ...
It is said shiv is destroyer and Vishnu is protector ...here in asur's issues shiv gave boons to them to live 0β€ž2and vishnu took avators to 0β€ž2destroy them ...reverse order to reversible persons0β€ž2😳

the only thing i hate is Why indra has to pledge all the time to save his chair before lords ...
why dont.he try the same route by mediating (he can also claim a boon like no asurs will0β€ž2defeat me for another dash K years or Every asurs who is going to born ,already born should not eye his chair etc etc simple hai nah?0β€ž20β€ž2)0β€ž2

agreed, indra's chair is like everything to him even he created many unreasonable tricky acts. This fellow need some peace of mind (more from narad ji)
@Krishna you should open a sanstha and give gyan to lesser mortals like a guess. Why waste your knowledge on IF

you can be the next chaitna mahaprabhu of India

I am not saying sarcastically

I mean seriously you know so much
Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago

Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

@Krishna you should open a sanstha and give gyan to lesser mortals like a guess. Why waste your knowledge on IF

you can be the next chaitna mahaprabhu of India

I am not saying sarcastically

I mean seriously you know so much

According to me no Mortal is lesser every body and every living thing in this world has some thing which we can learn, similarly i interact with people to learn some thing, all the while reciprocating it. since it would serve me well if i get corrected, similarly i do the same for others.

For me its just free flowing information exchange nothing more and nothing less. as for opening sanstha etc we already do that albeit in smaller scale in my native city of Hyderabad.

i am away from my place for limited period of time and once i go back i will continue doing it

as for comparing me with Chaitanya mahaprabhu i am afraid i don't like gaudiya vaishnavism

i would rather be an advaitha proponent.

thanks for the suggestion

Best Regards
krishna
Edited by kkr531 - 11 years ago
great then you can become a asvaotian yogi of the himalayas and distribute gyan