Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

amitm2012

amitm2012

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Jasraj Joshi is a talented singer...but I find his performance to be absolutely nauseating and headache inducing...dressing up weirdly, making weird noises, growling, jumping around, screaming at the top of his lungs...all in the name of 'fusion', or should I say 'confusion'?...this is music?...for me, this is nothing but noise...

Whatever happened to melody and sur?...we used to have singers who would hit one note and put us in a trance...there is no need for all this noisy, jhak-jhak music...this is just cacophony at its worst...in today's world, this gets the first prize while the kid who sang the best - Mohd. Aman is out...

Sometimes I wish we lived in the time of Pt. D.V. Paluskar or Ustad Amir Khan or Ustad Abdul Karim Khan...just a plain tanpura and a 'sa' would take you into a different world...even it today's world, if you hear Ustad Rashid Khan or even the Pakistani singers like Shafqat Amanat Ali or even the Sufi singers, their music has so much melody...not this clownish behavior or screaming and shouting...this just reveals the absolute lack of taste in the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa judges that they find this noisy cacophony to be the best music...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

s_pkdhurandarbhatbeanaqshunu6music-a-museMithuu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jasraj Joshi gives me a headache..." in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

beanaq

beanaq

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amitm2012

Jasraj Joshi is a talented singer...but I find his performance to be absolutely nauseating and headache inducing...dressing up weirdly, making weird noises, growling, jumping around, screaming at the top of his lungs...all in the name of 'fusion', or should I say 'confusion'?...this is music?...for me, this is nothing but noise...

Whatever happened to melody and sur?...we used to have singers who would hit one note and put us in a trance...there is no need for all this noisy, jhak-jhak music...this is just cacophony at its worst...in today's world, this gets the first prize while the kid who sang the best - Mohd. Aman is out...

Sometimes I wish we lived in the time of Pt. D.V. Paluskar or Ustad Amir Khan or Ustad Abdul Karim Khan...just a plain tanpura and a 'sa' would take you into a different world...even it today's world, if you hear Ustad Rashid Khan or even the Pakistani singers like Shafqat Amanat Ali or even the Sufi singers, their music has so much melody...not this clownish behavior or screaming and shouting...this just reveals the absolute lack of taste in the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa judges that they find this noisy cacophony to be the best music...
I agree you are absolutely right,  in other shows Ashaji said screaming and hauling is not the singing. even the lightest song like Shanaaz should touches the heart, it takes you to the different world that is called real music.

ZoobiDoobi

IF-Addictz

ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Well I really liked his Satrangi re

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

maya015badass708kadami

shunu6

Goldie

shunu6

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Yes Santrangi Re was good but too loud and noisyD'oh

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

beanaq

Chini1

Chini1

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Jasraj is a complete singer. I do not agree with you.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mac2007badass708veryverysweet23PROTIM21ZoobiDoobi

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
I saw that he got performer of the day. I love his voice and performance, but I did not find him the best this week. I don't know why, but I have a feeling it's biased. Like he automatically keeps getting it. He is really unique, and what he does musically, I don't think many can do, but he was not the best this week.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mac2007shunu6

kadami

Groupbie

kadami

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chini1

Jasraj is a complete singer. I do not agree with you.

You are right. I absolutely agree with you.He would start singing
other styles soon after his elimination.
SM has no more energy to praise him
and consequently, SM should now
go for khetee Baaree at home.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mac2007

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

I saw that he got performer of the day. I love his voice and performance, but I did not find him the best this week. I don't know why, but I have a feeling it's biased. Like he automatically keeps getting it. He is really unique, and what he does musically, I don't think many can do, but he was not the best this week.

Voice should be unique, memorable at least, for me. I find most of the voices literally the same.If i was not watching the video, i would not know who it was. Or the singing should be extraordinary.Smile

What jasraj does, quite a few people do. He is not unique, i feel. He is definitely interesting.

I personally think jasraj, Padmanabh etc are more of performers, who can get away with singing on stage, live performances. Not suited for a show like this. Sorry.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.