faree

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:25am | IP Logged
so true and beautifully written 

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

SO ASR must die to make way for Asad? The NEW Man about town?? No one can EVER replace ASR and no one can ever be ASR accept Barun Sobati!

PH, I dont know your game... SP I dont understand WHY you are giving into them? WHY would Barun quit 2 weeks before the UK tour? This makes NO sense at all!

SP give us what we want! IPK gets a happy ending next month or 2 months from now with SARUN as ARSHI and the show ends with them being together forever!

DO what you have to do to get it done!  Like ASR told KKGSR his "TV"... "Kuch Creative Bano"!!

BUT GET THE JOB DONE!!

Kill a love story to create a new love story. Dead
indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nibelungenlied

Lovely post TM.

i rarely watch Indian shows and this is one that hooked me in totally, line and sinker. What hooked me in was this character, ASR. What kept me reeled in was the perfection of the depiction. 

Although the show has been going downhill and the characterization has gone for a total toss during the last few months, it has been Barun who kept me glued to this show and ready to accept anything as long as he continued to play ASR. That was the magic of this character for me. 

But, there have been so many times I have wondered how he can keep going on. When the characterization has become something unrecognizable from the magnificent character he breathed life and soul into. Borrowing from the words of one of my favorite writers (and the quote below), a person can sway hearts only when the heart and soul gives direction (and belief) to his or her action. For me, Barun did touch my heart with his characterization of ASR. ('you'll never speak from heart to heart, unless it rises up from your heart's space') This is what I feel when I think of how the character ASR made a place in my heart. 

Characters will come and go. Some will make a place in our hearts, some will be forgotten. I have now, three characters who will always be special to me, notwithstanding the passage of time. Fitzwilliam Darcy (1815) John Thornton (1855) and Arnav Singh Raizada (2011). Am not comparing the characters at all, neither does the comparison take anything away from the first two (for me, legendary) characters. Just stating that sometimes, such a connection with a character "happens". Whether the character is killed by the PH or destroyed in essence, it doesn't take away from the magic that once was. Speaking for myself, ASR will always live on in my heart and in my memories. And I credit this only to the actor, Barun Sobti. And therefore, no matter what happens now, no matter who is "found" by the masses to be "guilty", the only ASR that will stay in my memories is the one Barun brought to life. 

For giving me a character which has become so dear to me, I will always be very fond of the actor behind the character, Barun Sobti. And I will always wish him well. I can never wish him harm. And for those who do, I feel nothing but pity. 

Some fans will be fickle, some will jump off the boat at the first sign of strife, some will sling mud, some will remain indifferent, some will just move on, but there are a few who will remain steadfast. And those are the only ones that matter.

P.S. I know the PH is also responsible for conceptualizing the character but in this case, in my opinion, they have also been responsible for almost-destruction of the character, during which only the actor could keep me watching. The first few months of the show I can credit to everyone concerned but for the last few months, only Barun has kept me watching. 

hi nibelungenlied,

thank you and Clap for that brilliant insightful take. spoke to me. in blue, bold, exactly my feelings. even yesterday as that hurriedly shot, unrealistic but fairly neatly assembled episode played, you could feel him working with his words and actions carefully, keeping asr alive and breathing. the way he told khushi, she was not to consider herself foolish because she was goo, in his tone and voice there was his character, if not in the heavy sounding dialogue. once upon a time when he said "shut... up" you could feel his desire. oh the golden period of ipk up to feb 2012. even after that flashes of brilliance. but since dadi, the selling of soul had become apparent.

arnav singh raizada will live long in me. he inspires me. he excites me. he makes me believe in love. all of this because of barun. yes, the writers worked with thought and courage, maybe some of them even wanted to be him. but i have no doubt that it was the brilliant breathing of life into asr that barun achieved which made writers imagine more, dream bigger. certainly it kept me unmoving before the idiot box.

i wish this actor a good safe journey through the vicissitudes of his industry and a career there. at one level he's a guy, spectacular, and i'm a girl, transfixed. and that remains untouched by time. funny, never thought i'd say that about a soap character/actor.

your name is intriguing, reminds me of history of eng lit form years ago, something to do with beowulf. maybe written around the same time. lovely

thanks again. to asr. and barun. always.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nibelungenlied

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by faree

so true and beautifully written 

thanks so much, faree. Smile
Nibelungenlied Senior Member
Nibelungenlied
Nibelungenlied

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Hey Indi52, thanks. I felt the same about your post too. ASR will always stay alive in our memories. It was a wonderful journey, wasn't it?

Regarding the name, thanks so much:) it's just a tribute to all the stories i heard while growing up. If I am not wrong, Beowulf even predates the Niebelungenlied. That is another fascinating saga. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

indi52

Go to top