Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

i would rather cry (Page 2)

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sun_shine_girl

Can I give you a hug?

This is one of those posts that make you say 'damn this is what I feel exactly'. There could not have been a better way to put our thoughts across.
I do not know you, but you have written things that my heart feels.
Thank you does not do justice, but I would thank you...

sunshine girl, hi

and thanks so much. i am so touched by your words. in a funny kind of way we all know each other, at that level where we love ipk at least. i wish the reality were different and we were connecting on happier thoughts. i have felt privileged to watch ipk and its fine actors, had to say what i felt. 

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

SO ASR must die to make way for Asad? The NEW Man about town?? No one can EVER replace ASR and no one can ever be ASR accept Barun Sobati!

PH, I dont know your game... SP I dont understand WHY you are giving into them? WHY would Barun quit 2 weeks before the UK tour? This makes NO sense at all!

SP give us what we want! IPK gets a happy ending next month or 2 months from now with SARUN as ARSHI and the show ends with them being together forever!

DO what you have to do to get it done!  Like ASR told KKGSR his "TV"... "Kuch Creative Bano"!!

BUT GET THE JOB DONE!!

hi mrdarcyfan
good to see you. kuch creative bano. well reminded. but they are being so craetive with their real life story telling, no time for the show it seems. i tell you, this driving us round the bend. time it stopped. asad become asr? ROFL Cry
indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dazee

Yes, Indi, this is perfect machine politics - social networking style as you said in the other thread.  Puts the mafia bosses to shame.

speaking of mafia bosses, i do wish to see barun play michael corleone. of all the names given to 4lions, the one i like the best: quattroloonies. that quattro takes the scam factor to really high levels. LOL

Edited by indi52 - 13 November 2012 at 12:11am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cuppa_n_cricket

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CrazySree

Happy Diwali DiHug Very well written!
If only everyone could get that all of us are being played along. Who in their right frame of mind would sabotage one's own career at his/her peak...when there is a lot more to be explored...when it is just the beginning!! I don't understand how people don't find anything wrong with the fact that until now neither the channel nor the PH have come out with an official statement about such a big issue!! Isn't it their responsibility to do that more then anyone else...what are they waiting for? Unless more games are still being played back-stage!

About geet, IPK and now QH...Gul has some limited creativity issues indeed...and now she wants to do all that she couldn't do with IPK in QH...her most ambitious project till date...which a while before had been IPK and sometime back had been geet!

hi sree,
thanks so much. happy diwali to you too. Smile

in bold red, very well put. who indeed would do that.

in blue, major creativity issue. a very lazy creative mind would hold on to one formula for all, that too a pattern borrowed from another genre. even the hindi films of yore had more formulas and nuanced them better. in itself, gul's format has nothing terribly wonderful. the writers gave it strength, then the actors took it to that extreme fab level which has us all adhered to it, feeling all our feelings.

the actors. not the formula maker.

Edited by indi52 - 13 November 2012 at 12:07am

cuppa_n_cricket

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LizzieC

Beautifully written.Actually I felt the same how a rising star can be more powerful to channel and ph. 

I wish Barun all the good luck and that he will come clean from this whole mess. 
Thanks for making this post which reflects the true story.

hi lizziec
thank you for reading.

and yes, wish barun the best of luck. may this mess never leave a mark on him.

.Brooke.

nomad.ness Goldie
nomad.ness
nomad.ness

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:05am | IP Logged
great post. 

I also felt that way with the characters. 

Especially ASR. The same guy who would say shut up/get out/corner you/beat you up... his anger was what made him ASR... and now its Arnav who says 'I am sorry' at the smallest of things; he suddenly enjoys spending time with kids, he is able to tolerate Shyam speak ill of Khushi, etc.

Coming to Khush: her OTT antics during the Sheetal track. Where is that strong minded woman who stood up for what was right. Who was still crazy in her own, unique way... sanka devi as we know it. Where is that feisty Khushi we fell in love with? etc.

This was a mere case of character assassination. 

indi52

bs_deeps IF-Rockerz
bs_deeps
bs_deeps

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:56am | IP Logged
someone just made this point "the man who took one day off for his own wedding wants a long break"..How fishy is that..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

soapsudsindi52.Brooke.

Nibelungenlied Senior Member
Nibelungenlied
Nibelungenlied

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:58am | IP Logged
Lovely post TM.

i rarely watch Indian shows and this is one that hooked me in totally, line and sinker. What hooked me in was this character, ASR. What kept me reeled in was the perfection of the depiction. 

Although the show has been going downhill and the characterization has gone for a total toss during the last few months, it has been Barun who kept me glued to this show and ready to accept anything as long as he continued to play ASR. That was the magic of this character for me. 

But, there have been so many times I have wondered how he can keep going on. When the characterization has become something unrecognizable from the magnificent character he breathed life and soul into. Borrowing from the words of one of my favorite writers (and the quote below), a person can sway hearts only when the heart and soul gives direction (and belief) to his or her action. For me, Barun did touch my heart with his characterization of ASR. ('you'll never speak from heart to heart, unless it rises up from your heart's space') This is what I feel when I think of how the character ASR made a place in my heart. 

Characters will come and go. Some will make a place in our hearts, some will be forgotten. I have now, three characters who will always be special to me, notwithstanding the passage of time. Fitzwilliam Darcy (1815) John Thornton (1855) and Arnav Singh Raizada (2011). Am not comparing the characters at all, neither does the comparison take anything away from the first two (for me, legendary) characters. Just stating that sometimes, such a connection with a character "happens". Whether the character is killed by the PH or destroyed in essence, it doesn't take away from the magic that once was. Speaking for myself, ASR will always live on in my heart and in my memories. And I credit this only to the actor, Barun Sobti. And therefore, no matter what happens now, no matter who is "found" by the masses to be "guilty", the only ASR that will stay in my memories is the one Barun brought to life. 

For giving me a character which has become so dear to me, I will always be very fond of the actor behind the character, Barun Sobti. And I will always wish him well. I can never wish him harm. And for those who do, I feel nothing but pity. 

Some fans will be fickle, some will jump off the boat at the first sign of strife, some will sling mud, some will remain indifferent, some will just move on, but there are a few who will remain steadfast. And those are the only ones that matter.

P.S. I know the PH is also responsible for conceptualizing the character but in this case, in my opinion, they have also been responsible for almost-destruction of the character, during which only the actor could keep me watching. The first few months of the show I can credit to everyone concerned but for the last few months, only Barun has kept me watching. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity235Ilinindi52

Go to top