indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:45pm | IP Logged

"Audience would have cried...but not screamed FOUL !!!" 

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3287146&TPN=29

This is not Over Sobti, page 27

brilliant line, priya. 

this is the whole thing. why so much tamasha. to and fro, break and quit, show ends/not ends, we are sure we are not sure. all for a tv serial? really? is barun sobti that powerful that he holds a whole production house and a channel to ransom?

poor large mnc and seasoned ph. an actor, an employee of a few years has put you in this state. shame on whom then? 

the very competency of the powerful star network, part of mega murdoch universe, is in question here.

the production house is mired in its dickensian attitudes re work practices. almost all actors in this show have at some time or the other protested. or left. jayashree t and utkarsha naik are the only people in the main cast that one hasn't heard any rumblings from. perhaps they are just more patient and waiting for things to get better. 

then, we all have been told again and again by hurt and really upset fans what happened with geet. the geet format was the same as ipk's. 

no one had imagined young man from bhph and young girl from mjht could or will make asr and kkg this real and undeniable. no one had even imagined how far this would go. this success, this connection with hearts, and this reach across the planet.

that become a double edged thingie. you could milk it to the last drop and make money. but you couldn't conveniently whack it on the knuckles and and say,"behave... be less... become ordinary," while you took that same one format you have to your next show. 

you couldn't make asr and kkgsr unreal.

you tried with miserable writing, reserving your best tracks for your new same old show, but too bad, the actors were not ready to give in.

how valiantly barun sobti has kept asr alive. despite the most un-asrish lines being showered on him. the man who said "shut... up" on 10 january was somehow the same man who said "tum se achha koi ho hi nahin sakta" in a magic garden on 17 october and then bowed his head. i still have no idea how he managed to inject that range in this character without losing asr. of course, despite content going everywhere, somewhere i feel his dialogue writer has tried to stay true to the cadence and way of asr's speech and vocab.

same with sanaya. how they try to sp-fy her and how fiercely she holds kkgsr close and makes her smile, stay tender, fey, never that thick sp bahu her lines and her dress and make up (ugh open hair with mandatory bump all the time) can easily turn her into.

yesterday i was surfing channels, when on zee i saw three girls squabbling over pizza or something, before i could even understand the thing, a guy walked in from the side, stomped to a point and paused with his back to all.

all i saw was, waist coat, brown at that, hugging a back.

oh that's just like...

before i could complete my sentence, the man whipped around, and looked intensely into camera.

i had chanced upon a qh promo.

i practically fell off my bed. tell you, more than shocked, i was tickled. oh no, so not happening, this guy. nothing in those eyes. nothing.

to make this guy the biggie now, asr must die, become dikra.

someone or more couldn't take it i guess.

you know we've heard that line among our friends, "there's more to life, i have a great a family, wonderful in fact, i don't have to put up with this ________" please fill in the blank with your own preferred word.

usually my friends in their forties as their careers plateau and the game gets sicker, say this. when a 28 year old smiles and smiles and looks cool and top of the world (how many takes and edits, i wonder) and utters such stuff, all i can do is take a deep breath, and try to control my anger and tears.

remember: tum itna kyon muskara rahi ho...?

this boy is still to be fully discovered. he will be.

and he is not taking a break or quitting because one fine day he just felt like it.

one last thing: i know we are all upset. but please keep the language clean. there's power enough in our thoughts. 

Edited by indi52 - 14 November 2012 at 11:13pm

The following 31 member(s) liked the above post:

Skill123mirage26simpserendipity235Ishi2012Nibelungenliedkaykayc3ciliaAnu567crazyaddictionTanumon-Sudhanya-nomad.nessUKLotusgopikaajiranjeeta_kaurDazeesun_shine_girlfareenandu_2007..mrinalini..cuppa_n_cricketbs_deepsstg1pisces25soapsudsGirlabouttownMrDarcyfanSunoNa...Divya1503.Brooke.

Meghipk Goldie
Meghipk
Meghipk

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
we fell in love the show 4 the past one & hlf years you know how many hours we spend  4 the show ... i spend so hrs & hrs surfing net ...just 4 this damn show & i know its my mistake i fell in love with t show ...but atlast we viewers r fooled ...so t viewers r raising  their voice  at t last min  ...& thei s nothing wrong in it bcouse we viewers r fooled ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bs_deepsindi52

Girlabouttown IF-Sizzlerz
Girlabouttown
Girlabouttown

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
This bloody PH sucks...

Why can't star plus see through them?????
Dazee Goldie
Dazee
Dazee

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Yes, Indi, this is perfect machine politics - social networking style as you said in the other thread.  Puts the mafia bosses to shame.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bs_deepsindi52.Brooke.

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
SO ASR must die to make way for Asad? The NEW Man about town?? No one can EVER replace ASR and no one can ever be ASR accept Barun Sobati!

PH, I dont know your game... SP I dont understand WHY you are giving into them? WHY would Barun quit 2 weeks before the UK tour? This makes NO sense at all!

SP give us what we want! IPK gets a happy ending next month or 2 months from now with SARUN as ARSHI and the show ends with them being together forever!

DO what you have to do to get it done!  Like ASR told KKGSR his "TV"... "Kuch Creative Bano"!!

BUT GET THE JOB DONE!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictioncuppa_n_cricketbs_deepsindi52.Brooke.

sun_shine_girl IF-Dazzler
sun_shine_girl
sun_shine_girl

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

"Audience would have cried...but not screamed FOUL !!!" 

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3287146&TPN=29

This is not Over Sobti, page 27

brilliant line, priya. 

this is the whole thing. why so much tamasha. to and fro, break and quit, show ends/not ends, we are sure we are not sure. all for a tv serial? really? is barun sobti that powerful that he holds a whole production house and a channel to ransom?

poor large mnc and seasoned ph. an actor, an employee of a few years has put you in this state. shame on whom then? 

the very competency of the powerful star network, part of mega murdoch universe, is in question here.

the production house is mired in its dickensian attitudes re work practices. almost all actors in this show have at some time or the other protested. or left. jayashree t and utkarsha naik are the only people in the main cast that one hasn't heard any rumblings from. perhaps they are just more patient and waiting for things to get better. 

then, we all have been told again and again by hurt and really fans upset what happened with geet. the geet format was the same as ipk's. 

no one had imagined young man from bhph and young girl from mjht could or will make asr and kkg this real and undeniable. no one had even imagined how far this would go. this success, this connection with hearts, and this reach across the planet.

that become a double edged thingie. you could milk it to the last drop and make money. but you couldn't conveniently whack it on the knuckles and and say,"behave... be less... become ordinary," while you took that same one format you have to your next show. 

you couldn't make asr and kkgsr unreal.

you tried with miserable writing, reserving your best tracks for your new same old show, but too bad, the actors were not ready to give in.

how valiantly barun sobti has kept asr alive. despite the most un-asrish lines being showered on him. the man who said "shut... up" on 10 january was somehow the same man who said "tum se achha koi ho hi nahin sakta" in a magic garden on 17 october and then bowed his head. i still have no idea how he managed to inject that range in this character without losing asr. of course, despite content going everywhere, somewhere i feel his dialogue writer has tried to stay true to the cadence and way of asr's speech and vocab.

same with sanaya. how they try to sp-fy her and how fiercely she holds kkgsr close and makes her smile, stay tender, fey, never that thick sp bahu her lines and her dress and make up (ugh open hair with mandatory bump all the time) can easily turn her into.

yesterday i was surfing channels, when on zee i saw three girls squabbling over pizza or something, before i could even understand the thing, a guy walked in from the side, stomped to a point and paused with his back to all.

all i saw was, waist coat, brown at that, hugging a back.

oh that's just like...

before i could complete my sentence, the man whipped around, and looked intensely into camera.

i had chanced upon a qh promo.

i practically fell off my bed. tell you, more than shocked, i was tickled. oh no, so not happening, this guy. nothing in those eyes. nothing.

to make this guy the biggie now, asr must die, become dikra.

someone or more couldn't take it i guess.

you know we've heard that line among our friends, "there's more to life, i have a great a family, wonderful in fact, i don't have to put up with this ________" please fill in the blank with your own preferred word.

usually my friends in their forties as their careers plateau and the game gets sicker, say this. when a 28 year old smiles and smiles and looks cool and top of the world (how many takes and edits, i wonder) and utters such stuff, all i can do is take a deep breath, and try to control my anger and tears.

remember: tum itna kyon muskara rahi ho...?

this boy is still to be fully discovered. he will be.

and he is not taking a break or quitting because one fine day he just felt like it.

one last thing: i know we are all upset. but please keep the language clean. there's power enough in our thoughts. 

Can I give you a hug?

This is one of those posts that make you say 'damn this is what I feel exactly'. There could not have been a better way to put our thoughts across.
I do not know you, but you have written things that my heart feels.
Thank you does not do justice, but I would thank you...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictionbs_deepsstg1indi52.Brooke.

cuppa_n_cricket IF-Rockerz
cuppa_n_cricket
cuppa_n_cricket

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Happy Diwali DiHug Very well written!
If only everyone could get that all of us are being played along. Who in their right frame of mind would sabotage one's own career at his/her peak...when there is a lot more to be explored...when it is just the beginning!! I don't understand how people don't find anything wrong with the fact that until now neither the channel nor the PH have come out with an official statement about such a big issue!! Isn't it their responsibility to do that more then anyone else...what are they waiting for? Unless more games are still being played back-stage!

About geet, IPK and now QH...Gul has some limited creativity issues indeed...and now she wants to do all that she couldn't do with IPK in QH...her most ambitious project till date...which a while before had been IPK and sometime back had been geet!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictionindi52.Brooke.

.Brooke. IF-Sizzlerz
.Brooke.
.Brooke.

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Beautifully written.Actually I felt the same how a rising star can be more powerful to channel and ph. 

I wish Barun all the good luck and that he will come clean from this whole mess. 
Thanks for making this post which reflects the true story.

Edited by LizzieC - 12 November 2012 at 11:49pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyaddictionindi52

Go to top