Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

frustrations (Page 2)

Fatima_Q IF-Sizzlerz
Fatima_Q
Fatima_Q

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Hey Brainy...nice to see you on this forum...Tongue

I get what you are saying...about the lack of ayats hanging around the house and the prayers and religious stuff...And yes I agree the other dramas with families from other religious backgrounds do show them worshipping more...but I don't think we are missing out too much in QH.

If you think about it...Islam is more private and one on one between worshipper and God...Our prayers unless the men go to the mosque...are performed individually and we only have 2 festivals in the year...Eid-ul-fitr and Eid-ul-Adha.  It'll be nice to see these celebrated on the screen when the occassion arises.

The drama on the whole though does depict an average muslim familiy's life and values quite well.  I mean you do see Zoya praying to Allah for guidance before her Nikkah.  And you do see Asad meeting up with Ayaan at a mizaar for solace.  I'm sure other religious obsevances will be shown as needed...but perhaps the CVs don't want to make religion the primary focus.   

I haven't seen more than an episode or 2 of Pakistani dramas...but from what I've seen...you don't see the characters offering their 5 daily prayers...but you assume that they do...because that's not what the drama is about...Am I making any sense? LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahek_No1

GroverAddict IF-Sizzlerz
GroverAddict
GroverAddict

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:21am | IP Logged
ur frustration is baseless
i think they r potraying islam very well...

gul herself is muslim so i think she is doing is very well...

u need to calm urself down...

chill nd enjoy the show if u love it then...
mijanur IF-Sizzlerz
mijanur
mijanur

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:43am | IP Logged
The show i think based on the life and problems on characters.
The characters are muslim but
religion is not theme of the show.
In recent times many indian film's male lead or 2nd male lead character was muslim but religion was not theme of the show.
Like Iqbal,Chak de india,Tees mar khan,Zindigi na milega dobara,Three idots,Bol bacchan.
Like chak de india movie male lead character was muslim but religion was not theme of movie.
In qh also characters are muslim but the storyline of the show was not based on religon

But the character also in qh showed they have deep faith about their religion.
Do you notice every time asad comes to dinning table he says aslam to his mother.

I think the storyline and show is ok.
brainychild92 IF-Sizzlerz
brainychild92
brainychild92

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mijanur

The show i think based on the life and problems on characters.
The characters are muslim but
religion is not theme of the show.
In recent times many indian film's male lead or 2nd male lead character was muslim but religion was not theme of the show.
Like Iqbal,Chak de india,Tees mar khan,Zindigi na milega dobara,Three idots,Bol bacchan.
Like chak de india movie male lead character was muslim but religion was not theme of movie.
In qh also characters are muslim but the storyline of the show was not based on religon

But the character also in qh showed they have deep faith about their religion.
Do you notice every time asad comes to dinning table he says aslam to his mother.

I think the storyline and show is ok.

but in those movies you could tell they were those muslims that are not too close to islam. in this show, they're showing strict people so you assume they are and that they aren't showing anything is irritating me. but i guess everyone has an opinion and nobody is wrong. 
brainychild92
brainychild92

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 7:33am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=kritzksgian]ur frustration is baseless
i think they r potraying islam very well...

gul herself is muslim so i think she is doing is very well...

u need to calm urself down...

chill nd enjoy the show if u love it then...
[/QUOTE

like i said, nobody i right/wrong  its all in one's perspective.. btw who's gul?
brainychild92
brainychild92

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ummesulaiman

Hey Brainy...nice to see you on this forum...Tongue

I get what you are saying...about the lack of ayats hanging around the house and the prayers and religious stuff...And yes I agree the other dramas with families from other religious backgrounds do show them worshipping more...but I don't think we are missing out too much in QH.

If you think about it...Islam is more private and one on one between worshipper and God...Our prayers unless the men go to the mosque...are performed individually and we only have 2 festivals in the year...Eid-ul-fitr and Eid-ul-Adha.  It'll be nice to see these celebrated on the screen when the occassion arises.

The drama on the whole though does depict an average muslim familiy's life and values quite well.  I mean you do see Zoya praying to Allah for guidance before her Nikkah.  And you do see Asad meeting up with Ayaan at a mizaar for solace.  I'm sure other religious obsevances will be shown as needed...but perhaps the CVs don't want to make religion the primary focus.   

I haven't seen more than an episode or 2 of Pakistani dramas...but from what I've seen...you don't see the characters offering their 5 daily prayers...but you assume that they do...because that's not what the drama is about...Am I making any sense? LOL

heyy right back at ya. i guess it is more private but still.. everyone has their own opinion and this is mine. trust me, i don't want CVs to focus on religion, that will just tick me off;  i just wanted some symbolism  and ya, pakistani drama's aren't too hot in portraying islam either but they do have symbolism like prayers hanging in the house or the azaan will go off in some episodes. i'm not comparing pakistani/indian episodes. i was just saying i've seen the theme of halala in pakistani shows. 

anyways it was just me venting and im over it. my opinion is still the same and doubt its gonna change but i'm over it. lol

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index