Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Why DISCRIMINATE against BEBO and not AISH?!!!! (Page 3)

Rekha_ji IF-Dazzler
Rekha_ji
Rekha_ji

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

She's still ranked #1 actress according to Times of India Ranking and #2 according to Ormax. Not bad! Tongue

Who is number one then? Please don't tell me it's Katrina Kaif.
Even Vidya doesn't quite make the #1 cut.
Priyanka + Deepika too erratic.
Gosh I think it must be Hurricane Katrina!
LOL

Well one thing is for sure, Kareena won't be #1 this time next year. Her star is fading.
My money's on Anushka Sharma.

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Yup, its Katrina according to Ormax and Kareena according to Times of India.

And TOI was conducted AFTER her marriage, so really...no signs of slowing down YET Wink

Folks, her star hasnt faded in the past 5 years, so marriage isnt gonna take her down single handedly either Big smile

Edited by desigal90 - 13 November 2012 at 4:18pm
desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Let me put it this way.

Kareena will NOT be an Aamir Khan or Vidya Balan. Her films will NOT be consistent nor will she gives many hits.
Why? Coz she has no script sense. And to give hits, you have to choose GOOD films.
BUT, her films will get good openings, as they have been getting.

Honestly, I'm shocked as to WHY the audience, including myself, gives her chances again and again. Her films have disappointed me so often, but here I am, excited for yet another glimpse of Kareena Kapoor on the big screen.

In this sense, she can be compared to Salman in their script sense. Terrible, both of em.
Salman went through a phase of giving the worst flops, but one Dabangg later, all that changed.

Kareena also has this inconsistency. She does terrible films, good films, bad films, average films, great films. There's no pattern.
But Kareena is a star, and a big one at that. Always juggling between #1 and #2 with Katrina for the past 5 years.

I'm confident she's not going anywhere UNTIL she herself decides to take a break.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-koiza-ViccoTurmeric.Sad.But.True.

pathaka IF-Dazzler
pathaka
pathaka

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
pssht...

no ones discrimiating against her...

shes fine...Approve

Enycedoll IF-Rockerz
Enycedoll
Enycedoll

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

Now, when ash got married, she had good movies on hand already. Just before marriage she had guru, a solid hit, and after marriage she had jodha akhbar with much happening hritik.

So, 2 back to back hits. THAT made her still one of the most sought after actresses, right there. For matured roles, ash came with the package.

Ash comes with this maturity, grace, classic beauty, and has excellent dance skills, which are bang on for these matured, romantic, musical, period, drama sagas. Some movies don't require much acting, tho they do require these certain qualities (dance) and classic beauty.

Plus, she was smart to grab movies which mainly focused on her and good for her, she didn't become a  despo for hits only, and hide behind khans pallu to pull those hits. You are given that 10yr period to deliver your goods, you need to pay attention to the scripts, get out of your comfort zone and explore, and this will help you to get certain roles, say good roles in future.

If you see her movies in her thirties, you will know what I am talking about, guru, yes it was abhishek movie, but ash was given good footage, and the songs and her dances were brilliant, jodha akhbar, what a great outing was that, sarkaar raj (today kareena is doing prakash jha plolitical drama, ash already done that) even in Robot, her dances were a feast for eyes. She did mostly matured role with certain elegance.  Even today she will most likely  be considered for a period drama or a musical over these kareenas, ranis, and kats. Only actress who would be considered beside ash will be deepika, and who knows Illeana (have to wait and watch for her). Deepika, also like ash, is good dancer, has that classic FACE, and is graceful. Add bit of acting she is in.

While ur more Or less bang on about Kareena, i dont particularly agree with everything abt Ash. You give her too much credit as an actress. Shes had her fair share of disasters and her acting is cringe worthy. Granted shes improved over time, but still not much to be called a great actress. Her beauty has helped her come a long way. THAT is her x-factor and what has sustained her coupled with the BACHCHANS name tag. Dont forget, her career was in the dumpster before she hooked up with Abhishek Bachchan who was the upcoming hot shot. 

She does experiment and take chances whereas Kareena goes with the flow (shes a follower, not a trend setter...insecure?), but she hasnt had much success at those experiments either. Her last hit was guru? a supporting character? Vidyas role was more significant and challanging. Her role in Sarkar Raaj wasnt that big either, the focus was amitabh, and i reckon Kareena will probably have a role similar to it (length) in her prakash jha movie. 

My point is that, What diff does it make if Kareena has a career graph that has more downs than ups vs. Ash who also has more downs vs. ups also but experiments? Both are/were liked by the public, and while one has happily set up her home the other one is getting started and doesnt look like shes leaving anytime either. SHE, kareena, is the main choice for major roles that require acting NOW, not Ash. And to be honest, the industry has changed so much that it doesnt even make sense to compare them. Going by todays standards, you just have to be pretty, you'll learn to act...hopefulky before you hit the 10 year mark. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sunflower52.Sad.But.True.

sunflower52 IF-Rockerz
sunflower52
sunflower52

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged
If I have to compare acting then Bebo is way better then Ash any day in that department.

Ash was the smart one out of the two, who knew how to keep her distance from the public and not letting her mouth run away. Aslo marrying in the right family. Ash has been lucky in that sense. Her beauty is her USP. 

Bebo can act good but has zero script sense and comes across as an air head. Does not really pay attention to her roles. That's her major problem. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Sad.But.True.

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

Let me put it this way.

Kareena will NOT be an Aamir Khan or Vidya Balan. Her films will NOT be consistent nor will she gives many hits.
Why? Coz she has no script sense. And to give hits, you have to choose GOOD films.
BUT, her films will get good openings, as they have been getting.

Honestly, I'm shocked as to WHY the audience, including myself, gives her chances again and again. Her films have disappointed me so often, but here I am, excited for yet another glimpse of Kareena Kapoor on the big screen.

In this sense, she can be compared to Salman in their script sense. Terrible, both of em.
Salman went through a phase of giving the worst flops, but one Dabangg later, all that changed.

Kareena also has this inconsistency. She does terrible films, good films, bad films, average films, great films. There's no pattern.
But Kareena is a star, and a big one at that. Always juggling between #1 and #2 with Katrina for the past 5 years.

I'm confident she's not going anywhere UNTIL she herself decides to take a break.

Kareena cannot be compared to Salman in terms of script sense. Salman knows what works for him while Kareena hasnt found her USP. Only actress who can be compared to Salman in terms of script sense is Katrina.

.Sad.But.True.

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Enycedoll

Originally posted by briahna

Now, when ash got married, she had good movies on hand already. Just before marriage she had guru, a solid hit, and after marriage she had jodha akhbar with much happening hritik.

So, 2 back to back hits. THAT made her still one of the most sought after actresses, right there. For matured roles, ash came with the package.

Ash comes with this maturity, grace, classic beauty, and has excellent dance skills, which are bang on for these matured, romantic, musical, period, drama sagas. Some movies don't require much acting, tho they do require these certain qualities (dance) and classic beauty.

Plus, she was smart to grab movies which mainly focused on her and good for her, she didn't become a  despo for hits only, and hide behind khans pallu to pull those hits. You are given that 10yr period to deliver your goods, you need to pay attention to the scripts, get out of your comfort zone and explore, and this will help you to get certain roles, say good roles in future.

If you see her movies in her thirties, you will know what I am talking about, guru, yes it was abhishek movie, but ash was given good footage, and the songs and her dances were brilliant, jodha akhbar, what a great outing was that, sarkaar raj (today kareena is doing prakash jha plolitical drama, ash already done that) even in Robot, her dances were a feast for eyes. She did mostly matured role with certain elegance.  Even today she will most likely  be considered for a period drama or a musical over these kareenas, ranis, and kats. Only actress who would be considered beside ash will be deepika, and who knows Illeana (have to wait and watch for her). Deepika, also like ash, is good dancer, has that classic FACE, and is graceful. Add bit of acting she is in.

While ur more Or less bang on about Kareena, i dont particularly agree with everything abt Ash. You give her too much credit as an actress. Shes had her fair share of disasters and her acting is cringe worthy. Granted shes improved over time, but still not much to be called a great actress. Her beauty has helped her come a long way. THAT is her x-factor and what has sustained her coupled with the BACHCHANS name tag. Dont forget, her career was in the dumpster before she hooked up with Abhishek Bachchan who was the upcoming hot shot. 

She does experiment and take chances whereas Kareena goes with the flow (shes a follower, not a trend setter...insecure?), but she hasnt had much success at those experiments either. Her last hit was guru? a supporting character? Vidyas role was more significant and challanging. Her role in Sarkar Raaj wasnt that big either, the focus was amitabh, and i reckon Kareena will probably have a role similar to it (length) in her prakash jha movie. 

My point is that, What diff does it make if Kareena has a career graph that has more downs than ups vs. Ash who also has more downs vs. ups also but experiments? Both are/were liked by the public, and while one has happily set up her home the other one is getting started and doesnt look like shes leaving anytime either. SHE, kareena, is the main choice for major roles that require acting NOW, not Ash. And to be honest, the industry has changed so much that it doesnt even make sense to compare them. Going by todays standards, you just have to be pretty, you'll learn to act...hopefulky before you hit the 10 year mark. LOL

IMO today its Deepika and Anushka who are the first choices for roles that need acting. The films which have decent roles for actresses are opposite actors who have been in the industry for less than 10 years. Kareena is already regarded as senior to them. Only films she has managed so far are opposite Imran Khan thanks to KJo. But for how long?

Essence..

Go to top