Page   of 2

PRINCESS_ALISHA

IF-Rockerz

PRINCESS_ALISHA

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Totally agree with u.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaunSA

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pregnancy = handicap? (Page 2)" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pallavinc

pallavinc

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Nice Post, But then each pregnancy is different. I stay in India and I am working mother of two loving daughters. I worked till the end of first pregnancy and even drove daily to office and did all the household chores, cooking, cleaning etc.. But in my second pregnancy, due to complications I worked from home, but continued doing the household work. My MIL cooked in the morning and I cooked in the evening, and ran behind my elder daughter and did all other stuff.

But Pregnancy doesn't mean handicap for sure, all you need is just to be careful.

Thanks,
Pallavi

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaunSAJustlikethat1

.Gianna.

.Gianna.

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Congratulations, you must be thrilled about the double joy Big smile 

I totally understand and agree with everything you've said. A pregnancy is most certainly not a handicap! I cannot speak from experience because I'm too young to be a mother but I know that my mum was working right up till the day before she went into labour. In fact, she gave a Business German exam one week before I was born (she worked in a German bank at that time and she was preparing to leave for Germany with me soon after my birth). 

I hate the way TV shows in India portray women like fragile dolls, incapable of doing even the simplest of tasks when they're pregnant... it's true that the body goes through several changes during pregnancy but that's when a woman needs people around her to be supportive and understanding, allowing her to get on with her life. And these TV shows are a classic example of why there is no progressive thinking in India even today... if the one medium that every woman in India relies on for entertainment endorses such regressive thinking, there is little scope for advancement. This should've been the perfect opportunity for Star Plus to push its "nayi soch" tag line.. Tongue shame they didn't..

All the best for the rest of your term Smile hope you have a smooth and easy delivery Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

arti12345ShaunSAJustlikethat1

Simz786

IF-Dazzler

Simz786

Posted: 01 December 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged
AgreeClap And Congrats

ShaunSA

dz651

Goldie

dz651

Posted: 01 December 2012 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Yeah, that's why I thought it was ridiculous that Kokila and Gopi decided to do away with the pickle business just because Gopi was pregnant. Pregnancy is not a long term illness!

ShaunSA

Tarantallegra

IF-Stunnerz

Tarantallegra

Posted: 02 December 2012 at 10:14am | IP Logged
congrats on ur twins

and i wouldnt say pregnancy is something handicapped

for a pregnant woman, she should always try to work out, try to look halthy and be active,
i feel that sitting at home, and resting gaining fat, is a no no to me,
rest when u can as the body will tell u (am saying this as how i saw, i havent experienced pregnany myself as am only young) 

ShaunSA

ANJ4

IF-Sizzlerz

ANJ4

Posted: 02 December 2012 at 11:19am | IP Logged
I agree with what you said about pregnancy ...but some people act as they can't do anything coz they are preggie  ...   but gopi is not that way in the show... it is the others.

ShaunSA

Post Reply New Post

Go to top