Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by ilovepyaar

Honestly, the main one I didn't like was how they promoted Meera's mom leaving her dad. The "better late than never" to escape a relationship message. She fell in love again after getting married and having a child. All that is fine, but actually leaving your child and husband for another man? That didn't sit well with me. What if after getting married to this new man you "fall in love" with someone else then, do you leave that person too? I didn't think they were sending out the right message there. You have a child and a husband who isn't treating you badly at all. I don't remember if they mentioned why Meera's mom married her dad, but after marrying him, why break his heart and fill your daughter's heart with hatred for you and run off to another man? I didn't like it at all.

I think u didn't get it, she loved rishi so why will she fall in love again? She never loved anupam to begin with! it was an arranged marriage at the age of 18! Yes she was selfish, but her point was that because she was unhappy in her life she was unable to make anyone else happy due to it! She was not a central character anyway, I think the point that was trying to be made was that everyone deserves true love, thankfully main characters like Kat, Srk and Anushka were pretty moral! What other messages u didn't like? 
Originally posted by Nkapoor3

I think u didn't get it, she loved rishi so why will she fall in love again? She never loved anupam to begin with! it was an arranged marriage at the age of 18! Yes she was selfish, but her point was that because she was unhappy in her life she was unable to make anyone else happy due to it! She was not a central character anyway, I think the point that was trying to be made was that everyone deserves true love, thankfully main characters like Kat, Srk and Anushka were pretty moral! What other messages u didn't like? 

It wasn't what she did that I was against, it was the message that they sent out to the Indian audience. If you marry someone, then you don't leave them. I understand that she was married young and it was an arranged marriage, but the man that she was with really loved her. I get it that she didn't have the same love for him, but that's what staying with him and respecting him is. She was married to him and had a daughter with him. What went through Meera was the part that irked me most. Forget her husband, she left her daughter for another man. That is a despicable thing to do in my eyes.

I don't think Kat's character was moral at all. She vows to God that she won't go close to SRK and then what happened, she had no self control! Later on, she proved that she had no self-respect. Alright, all of that is fine too because it's just a character in a movie, and character's are allowed to have flaws. But the fact that the movie didn't make her a stronger character later on put me off. Meera's character really bored me. I was honestly hoping that SRK and Anushka's respective characters would get together, because Anushka's role was the complete opposite of Kat's role. She was lively, smiled through her heartbreak and was honestly a pleasant character. She was the only good part about the movie in my opinion.

Anyways, to each their own. I just didn't like this movie.

It wasn't what she did that I was against, it was the message that they sent out to the Indian audience. If you marry someone, then you don't leave them. I understand that she was married young and it was an arranged marriage, but the man that she was with really loved her. I get it that she didn't have the same love for him, but that's what staying with him and respecting him is. She was married to him and had a daughter with him. What went through Meera was the part that irked me most. Forget her husband, she left her daughter for another man. That is a despicable thing to do in my eyes.

I don't think Kat's character was moral at all. She vows to God that she won't go close to SRK and then what happened, she had no self control! Later on, she proved that she had no self-respect. Alright, all of that is fine too because it's just a character in a movie, and character's are allowed to have flaws. But the fact that the movie didn't make her a stronger character later on put me off. Meera's character really bored me. I was honestly hoping that SRK and Anushka's respective characters would get together, because Anushka's role was the complete opposite of Kat's role. She was lively, smiled through her heartbreak and was honestly a pleasant character. She was the only good part about the movie in my opinion.

Anyways, to each their own. I just didn't like this movie.
so u wanted Kat to stick to her silly promise to God? and keep making srk suffer? she realised what she did was wrong 
Originally posted by Nkapoor3

so u wanted Kat to stick to her silly promise to God? and keep making srk suffer? she realised what she did was wrong 

Like I said, I have no issues that she kissed him. I have issues that they didn't develop her character by the end. I normally don't hate character's unless they're either perfect or they remain the same until the end. Katrina's character falls in the latter category. She didn't turn into a headstrong character. She seemed like the same girl in the beginning.

Like I said, I have no issues that she kissed him. I have issues that they didn't develop her character by the end. I normally don't hate character's unless they're either perfect or they remain the same until the end. Katrina's character falls in the latter category. She didn't turn into a headstrong character. She seemed like the same girl in the beginning.
hmm ok
Hey guys I made a VM on SRK-KATRINA! Hope u guys like it!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=petHnMFjMnE&sns=em[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=petHnMFjMnE&sns=em