Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Jab Tak Hai Jaan reviews! (Page 47)

Post Reply New Post

Page 47 of 89

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 3:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jab Tak Hai Jaan reviews! (Page 47)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ana1

IF-Rockerz

ana1

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Katrina Kaif is a great dancer. she was amazing in ishq shava

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PuffinHypercity

Neetu_Unleashed

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

blue-ice

Marauders

IF-Rockerz

Marauders

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
so i posted my review in the discussions thread too but i am not sure where i am actually supposed to post it lol even though this one says reviews here lol sorry. but here it goes ( i am just copying n pasting it)

My review:  maybe a little too long lol.

It was a good movie however nothing like the actual Yashji's movies. His movies you could always watch with families but this one was quite awkward at times. The kissing and sex scenes were completely unnecessary. I believe we can show intense romance without having to have sex scenes and kissing scenes. DTPH and Veer Zara are examples of such. The first half was SO BORING! Maybe because of katrina's expressionless expressions. I was cringing every second and I wanted to shoot her in hopes that maybe I might get some expression out of her there. Never again am I watching a movie of hers in a theatre EVER again. I couldnt take her seriously. JUST COULDNT! I was complaining to my sister in the entire first half of the movie how annoying katrina is and she got so annoyed lol LOL. When she was crying I felt like laughing. She can't even cry properly. I am really disappointed that Yashji decided to cast her. I feel like I would have enjoyed the movie more if it wasnt for her. The second half was absolutely amazing. SRK-Anushka rocked it. I am a fan of anushka now. I loved their conversations, and they looked cute together. Anushka is really cute and i find her prettier than katrina. Katrina looks like any other average gori. I don't know why people go ga-ga over her beauty. She is average. I find her so cold. She couldn't bring life to her character. And when she came again in the second half I wanted to cry. She was SO SO SO bad! Srk looked really bad in the first half but in the second: HOLY SHIZ! SO HOT Day Dreaming loved that angry old man hehe. Katrina's wardrobe was gorgeous. Loved all her dresses and she is a really good dancer. The part in the club before ishq shava i was like whoaaa! But again terrible expressions.  Overall a good movie but the whole (spolier) meera leaving samar for some deal with god was stupid. They could have had a better reason as to why they separated. 

4/5 for the movie (only because of the second half) The disappearance of Katrina and appearence of anushka in the 2nd half made me enjoy the movie otherwise i would have given it a 2.5/5. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-iceNikki_Titli

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ksh-

Can someone tell me how much the film has to make from the theaterical in India to be profitable? Also is it true that YRF is the distributor of this film? Have the distributors, exhibitors started making profits?

Yeah YRF distributes their own films.

I think the exhibitors and distributors have started making profits. Taran Adarsh said a few days back that YRF stands to make at least 80 crores profit from everything related to JTHJ.  BOI said it's a superhit already. So I guess it's really not as bad as we thought it was 2-3 days back :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice-SalShah4eva-

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Jab Tak Hai Jaan SUPER HIT Son Of Sardaar HIT

Saturday 24th November 2012 09.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Life Of Pi opened had a good 50% opening at multiplexes across the big cities. the film will record healthy figures for a day one.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan has grossed 91 crore after ten days and has done well at multiplexes. As with films like Ra.One and Don 2 the final business will not be as much as SRK starrers should be doing in the domestic market especially as holiday releases but the difference here is that its not a big budget venture. Although it was one of the event films of 2012 the costs involved are more on the lines of a Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Student Of The Year rather than a Don 2 or Ek Tha Tiger. SUPER HIT

Son Of Sardaar has done well all over apart from West Bengal and South grossing 75 crore nett in ten days. Despite the restricted release for a such a film and competition from a Shahrukh Khan starrer the film has grossed well in most circuits. The poor release at single screens has cost the film as the film has done better at single screens and if the film had released at the better single screens, it would have put up higher numbers. HIT

Jab Tak Hai Jaan Excellent Son Of Sardaar Reasonable

Wednesday 21st November 2012 09.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Jab Tak Hai Jaan has done excellent business overseas collecting around $7.75-8 million in one week. The film is likely to emerge the third biggest grosser ever in Overseas after Three Idiots and My Name Is Khan. The approx first week figures from major markets are as follows

United Kingdom - 950,000

North America - $2,050,000

UAE - $2,450,000

Australia - $500,000

Son Of Sardaar has also done pretty well especially considering the clash with the Overseas friendly Jab Tak Hai Jaan. The film grossed over $2 million in seven days. The numbers in Australia were pretty good. The approx first week figures from major markets till date are as follows.

United Kingdom - 235,000

North America - $500,000

UAE - $550,000

Australia - $225,000

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/overdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=5129&nCat=

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PuffinHypercityoblivious.Nikki_Titli

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 7:10am | IP Logged

Jab Tak Hai Jaan Crosses 100 crores at the Domestic Box Office

November 24th, 2012 by MKS

The hype of the movie had made it clear that it would definitely cross a 100 Crores mark. But how soon that would happen was the only question? And living up to the expectations of the masses, Jab Tak Hai Jaan did the same but not with a bang, having taken 11 Days to reach the 100 Crore Club. The movie showed a considerable drop when it made 2.75 Crores on its 2nd Friday at the domestic box office. However, the 11 Day domestic total of Jab Tak Hai Jaan now stands at 100.75 Crores.

Shah Rukh Khan And Anushka Sharma in a still from Jab Tak Hai Jaan Movie

Shah Rukh Khan And Anushka Sharma in a still from Jab Tak Hai Jaan Movie

Anticipations were that the movie would cross 100 Crores in merely 6 days. However, due to unforeseen incidences, mixed reaction from audiences and stiff competition from Son of Sardaar, Jab Tak Hai Jaan couldn't make it earlier than 11 Days. This means that Salman Khan is still leading with Ek Tha Tiger and Shah Rukh Khan's fastest 100 remains Ra.One which took 10 Days to make 100 Crores.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan shares the 11 Day record with Agneepath and Rowdy Rathore. However from the looks of situations it is unlikely for the movie to beat their overall nett collection in India. Overseas might be a different situation as Jab Tak Hai Jaan is doing pretty well having already made 52 Crores plus in 10 Days. This also gives Shah Rukh Khan his 3rd movie in the India Box Office 100 crore club after Ra.One and Don 2.

With Jab Tak Hai Jaan joining the 100 Crore club, this list now contains 16 movies. We will soon have to come up with a 200 Crore club now or so it seems.

Take a look at the 100 Crore club right here:

Position
Movie No.
Of Days to Reach 100 Crores
Total
Collections
Ek Tha Tiger
6  198
Bodyguard
8 142
3 Idiots
9 202
Ra.One
10 115
Dabangg 10 145
Agneepath
11 123
Rowdy Rathore
11 131
Jab Tak Hai Jaan
11 100.75*
Ready
12  113 
Don 2
13 106
Ghajini
16  114
Barfi!
17 120
Golmaal 3 17 107
14 Housefull 2
17 114 
15 Singham 37 100
16 Bol Bachchan
45 102 

MKS tweets at @mksmukulsharma

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged
taran adarsh ?@taran_adarsh

#JTHJ [2nd Week] Fri 2.75 cr. Total: 101.16 cr nett. CROSSES 100 cr MARK IN INDIA.

PuffinHypercity

Post Reply New Post

Go to top