Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Jab Tak Hai Jaan reviews! (Page 36)

Deathstroke IF-Sizzlerz
Deathstroke
Deathstroke

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged

Theatres shut down in Mumbai – JTHJ SOS business affected

Soon after the announcement of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's death, film exhibitors in Maharashtra (including Mumbai) decided to shut theatres down across the state.

All shows from 6PM on Saturday were cancelled. Theatres in the state will remain closed on Sunday too.

It's a massive blow for the two Diwali releases – Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Son Of Sardar – as both films were expected to put up big numbers on Sunday.

Advance booking has been suspended with immediate effect.

source:indicine

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

don12

-SMay31- IF-Sizzlerz
-SMay31-
-SMay31-

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
"JAB TAK HAI JAAN takes a thunderous start in Pakistan by grossing 90 lacs in 2 days (Thursday & Friday)"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikki_Titli

srklicious IF-Stunnerz
srklicious
srklicious

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
watched it last nitght and loved it . truly YC romance.  amazing acting by the trio. kat was good too.  and yeah the cinema i went was full house tooo .  and omg i was shocked when i saw shah kissing kat but awww loved it lol its was a cute and hot kiss. lol. the ending made me cry its was soo sadd.Cry missied YC.  thanks yc for that movie.  

Edited by srklicious - 17 November 2012 at 7:37pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PuffinHypercityromiebee2002blue-ice

mz.jess IF-Sizzlerz
mz.jess
mz.jess

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Just watched it here tonight in Canada.

All shows were sold out, in my city and the city beside mine. Standing ovation for Yash ji at the end!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PuffinHypercityTheBlackJaguarNikki_Titli-SalShah4eva-

Faberica Senior Member
Faberica
Faberica

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 1:34am | IP Logged

JAB TAK HAI JAAN Crosses 100 Cr Worldwide in 5 days

As per trade reports, Jab Tak Hai Jaan has crossed the 100 Cr mark worldwide. The film is doing great business in India and extraordinary business overseas. As per the early estimates, the film has earned a total of 34.50 Cr in the overseas markets and a total of 71 Cr in India in 5 days, for a grand total of 105.50 Cr in 5 days. Considering that Jab Tak Hai Jaan is facing competition from a mass entertainer like Son of Sardaar, these are great numbers for the movie. It looks like Jab Tak Hai Jaan is all set to cross the 100 Cr mark in India alone too in the coming days.

Domestic Collections

Tuesday

15.00 cr

Wednesday

19.50 cr

Thursday14.50 cr
Friday11.00 cr
Saturday11.00 cr
Total Domestic Collections71.00 cr

Total Overseas Collections

34.50 cr

Total Worldwide Collections105.50 cr

Source:http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/katrina-kaif/jab-tak-hai-jaan-crosses-100-cr-worldwide-5-days

Source:http://www.boxofficecapsule.com/boxoffice-collections.aspx?id=903

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-RaeesRiks-khoslakadhokla-koiza-PuffinHypercity-Chandramukhi-TheBlackJaguarNikki_Titli

-RaeesRiks- IF-Rockerz
-RaeesRiks-
-RaeesRiks-

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 4:16am | IP Logged

Jab Tak Hai Jaan Sunday Business Update. Huge Jump

Jab Tak Hai Jaan on Sunday has registered huge jump at the box office in places like Northern India. In centers like Delhi, Gurgaon occupancy is around 75-80%+. Advance booking for Evening and Night shows are also huge. Bad news is Mumbai and Maharashtra Belt is closed. JTHJ is going to lose at least minimum of 4-5 crore from this belt itself on Sunday itself. Still rest of India performance is excellent. 

Business in multiplexes and high-end multiplexes is outstanding. Single screens have also picked up after average Friday and Saturday. Still early days, but around 13-14 crore nett is expected from JTHJ for Sunday, as per early trends. JTHJ already collected around 71 crore nett in first 5 days. Its 6 days extended weekend is heading for around 84-85 crore nett mark. Had Mumbai and Maharastra belt theaters have been opened for Saturday evening and Sunday night shows, extended weekend collection would have been easily around 90 crore nett mark.
Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

khoslakadhoklaPuffinHypercityTheBlackJaguarNikki_Titli

SilentSilver IF-Stunnerz
SilentSilver
SilentSilver

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged

A love that breaks yet binds. A love that creates distance and yet brings closer, A love that stands the test of time and makes time stand still. JTHJ is all about that love. The love that binds Samar and Meera together. Samar the 'soldier' and Anushka are sweet together and their good nature banters are enjoyable.

Well I am a bit too tiered to write a full review now, so will give my overall feeling about the movie.

First of all, I heard many reviews telling that the movie was a bit too long, but quite frankly I didn't feel bored for once. And the crowd in my theatre was cheering clapping after every 10-15 or so and occasionally 'ceeti maroing' :P

The movie started with Yashiji's voice and ended with moments with Yashiji while filming the movie. So first of all I would salute to the man who taught many of us to fall in love. Hum aapko rakhenge yaad hamesha, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

Coming back to the movie .. The movie is all about love, the kind of movie where you fall in love with the love of the characters and begin to root for them. The story might not be perfect but there is so much sincerity and earnestness in it. It is a basically a very feel-good movie, where you are guaranteed to leave the theatre with a smile on your face.

Rishi and Neetu Kapoor's cameo was adorable. And is it just me or challa sequence actually looked much better in the movies than in the teasers??? All these days I was complaining how the voice of the singer does not suit SRK but it actually looked good on the big screen ,I feel.

JTHJ is a grand portrayal of human emotions. Be it falling in love and exploring it, to the heartbreaks, pain and sacrifices coming with it.

Now coming to the performances-

Katrina-She was good, much much better than I expected. This was probably one of the Kat's best performances. As Meera she portrays the woman helplessly in love quite beautifully and convincingly . And I have to saw she is a terrific dancer, Ishq Shava sequence was absolutely awesome. Meera's character was nice as the daughter of a Millionaire NRI who finds herself swept off her feet by the charming street musician. The lovestory of her and Samar is beautifully built.

Anushka- The girl of the ' instant make out, instant breakup' generation falls of her 'soldier'  quite 'totally, madly and completely'. Akira is completely mast yaar. I heard reviews where people found her annoying. But I absolutely loved her. Anushka has this infectious energy which makes Akira instantly likable. Akira is girl with no inhibitions, she has just one goal in life, that to have a permanent job in Discovery channel. But then she beings to make a documentary on the life of 'the man who cannot die'. And falls for the lover who was waiting for the love of his life and challenging God , every moment of his life for the last 10 years.

SRK- Well what can I say about him, he plays the charming ,carefree lover and the brooding intense soldier with equal ease . He makes Samar his own. His controlled and subtle display of emotions makes us feel for him. That dimpled smiler, and sparkling eyes, wins my heart over yet again. He looks terrific as the tough, fearless army man ,who has been betrayed by love and live. Samar falls in love with Meera when she is running to the snow clad church, and having a conversation with Jesus sir ji. Major Samar is initially brusque with Akira but gradually warms up to her. Like many of SRK's lovestories here to he plays the perfect lover with so much sincerity and you wish only if God had made these kind of people in real.

While the chemistry between Kat-SRK is passionate, the chemistry between Anu-SRK is far more easy going. And yes SRK is back being the Kind of Romance <3

As a die hard romantic I loved this movie. And otherwise too its quite a good watch I feel.

Edited by -BlazingWater- - 18 November 2012 at 5:24am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Farrah-khoslakadhoklaPuffinHypercityRockChicGirlTheBlackJaguar

Captain_Philips IF-Sizzlerz
Captain_Philips
Captain_Philips

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 4:52am | IP Logged

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Jab Tak Hai Jaan took the highest ever opening in Pakistan collecting around $100,000 on Friday and Thursday paid previews.

The film beat records of such films as Don 2 and Bodyguard which were previosuly the highest openers in Pakistan.

This Pakistan market is growing for Hindi films as it was 2008 when Singh is Kinng set a record by collecting over $100,000 in a week and now we have a film collecting almost $100,000 in one day.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBlackJaguarNikki_Titli

Go to top