Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
thefilm collect 10.25 on friday which is pretty good not if the film stay to be strong then the film will collect 100cr in india after 10 or 11 days like other big films then we will see where the film will go
pria4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
my review๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Jab tak hai Jaan...it beautifully depicts all aspects of luv...its positives,negatives, its strengths, maturity, immaturity, heartbreak, bitterness ,sacrifice ,friendship...in short it symbolises wat luv stands for...

love makes people do crazy things, believe in crazy things n react in crazy way...tats wat the 1st half was abt...the story of Samar- Meera...i luved the way the story developed from Samar understanding Meera, Meera realising wat luv is,her confidence in her luv...but at the same time her confidence shakes wen she is about to lose her luv...tat she agrees to give up on her luv for his life...the emotional turmoil was well potrayed by Meera...n Samar as the happy go lucky guy,who always speaks his mind,does wat his mind says was commendable...n then he getting spiteful after being rejected by his luv is praise worthy...

the second half where Akira forms the crux of the story moving forward was endearing...luved Akiras interactions with Samar...she reminded him of his former self...maybe tats why he was always keen to help her...Samars accident in London, his meeting Meera again...Meeras interaction with Akira...the church scene on Samar's memory return is truly commendable๐Ÿ‘n the climax scene was wow...tat showed the maturity in a relationship...tat after a certain age childish promises or exchange offers don't matter, its a practical approach n the dialogues was really outstanding...

Highlights: the interaction of Samar-Meera on her engagement day...After Ishq Shava,their interaction in the railway station,Meera meeting her mom, Meera's reaction on Samars accident, Samar's reaction to Meera's promise, Akira proposing Samar, Akira-Meeras interaction, Samar-Akiras interaction at the airport...n the last scene...all these scenes were mindblowing๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Music: Challa n Heer...beautiful...fitted perfectly in the situation...now makes sense tat the lyrics r in Punjabi...Jiya re...peppy n catchy true to Akiras style...Saans mindblowing,very beautifully shot...but the best has to be Ishq Shava...PERFECT!!!! kya dance moves the...outstanding,amazing,mindblowing!!!! Kudos to Vaibhavi Merchant๐Ÿ‘

the last song - Jab Tak Hai Jaan- a perfect tribute to the legend...Late Yash Chopraji...perfect!!!

I have to commend Yashji for thinking how the present generation perceives luv...be it Meera who believes tat God listens to her,so she shudn't break a promise...most of the youngsters r superstitious wen it comes to the things they luv the most, tat they can be be impactical n most important immature in their decisions..n this part was well highlighted...or even Akira's term of luv 'instant makeup n instant break up"...so much in context with the youth today..or Samar, who never holds back his feelings...he is in luv, he expresses it,he wants to kiss,tat too he'll express without any inhibitions...
Then after a certain age how maturity comes back in a relation...the dialogue har rishtey ka ek waqt hota hai...fits perfectly...i loved Neetu-Rishji's cameo...their luv story was beautifully shown...short,sweet n simple...luved Akira's bindaaspan...

performance...luved everyone...luved Samars transformation from happy go lucky to I care a damn abt my life attitude...luved Meera's transformation from an immature lover to a mature one...luved Akira...her thought process, so practical...supporting cast was fantastic as well, Be it Rishi-Neetuji,Anupamji, Akira's bosses n collegues or Samar's roomate n his Team mates...

it is lenghty...but i was fine with it...the kiss scene n love making scene ...i don't understand the hype surrounding it...TV serials show more than wat was shown in JTHJ...a peck on the lips ain't lip-lock...n a passing shot can't be termed as a love making scene...๐Ÿ˜†...anyways...the hyped lip lock n love making scene was beautifully shot n didn't look cheap or vulgar...

SRK-Kat-Anushka...take a bow...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

n Yashji ...thank u for this film๐Ÿ˜ƒ

my ratings 4/5๐Ÿ˜ƒ
karti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
watched it on 14th but coudln't get time to write my review with all the festivities and relatives around. Finally I am free today to write my review
In short, ther is no one who can make love stories like Yashji and undisputed king of romance is one and only my SRK ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Now the details.
JTHJ takes you to the real bollywood movies, movies where love is in the air, lovers have faith in their love and watching a movie feels like reading a romantic book. Even when the movie is 3 hours I was wanting to see more. None of the part looks lengthy, with every frame the story was moving. Songs and their pcturisation is so beautiful that when the songs were ending I was like oh no I want to see more. The 10 min dance number before ishq shava is so good that its alone should be the reason to watch the movie in theater again and again.
I was not a bog fan of Kat but now I have become one, she has done her part really well. The faith and the fear of Meera to lose her love is so strongly depicted by her that I doubt anyone else could have done that. And that dance number of her so good, her moves and expressions were just wow, the whole theater was stunned watching that dance number. Is farah's movie about dance competetion still on, if so please farah please cast katrina and if you have any doubt go and watch JTHJ again.

Anuskha did full justice to her role but I didn't find anything new. Her role is like what she has been doing in many films except for few scenes where she showed the pain of losing her love and she did that brilliantly. I really want to see her in a tense role rather than a bubbly girl.

For SRK fans this movie is a gift, so many close ups of his eyes, his smile everything will make you fall in love with him again. In both the parts he played it with so much intensity and passion that I was literally wanted to hug him. When the movie ended I felt like a void in me thinking that there will ne such movie made again. Without yash chopra I doubt anyone else can tke his legacy forward although I wish aadi should make one such movie every other year or so atleast as a tribute to his father.

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Finally watched the movie today and here's my 2 cents about the flick

One major positives is SRK's portrayal as Samar Anand and taking charge of the movie from start to end. He manages to keep the character simple and sensible without hamming or going over the top in execution. Acting wise, this is one of his best

Btw Shah looked so handsome and sexy in the Army uniform with the stubble. I'm ready to swap Raj anytime with Major Samar Anand โ˜บ๏ธ

Anushka is so lovable that I really wish she had more screen space. She's so believable as Akira and her acting was top notch. Chemistry between SRK and Anushka was amazing. I'd love to see them again on screen. Somebody pls cast them!!!

Katrina is the female Hrithik Roshan when it comes to dancing. Why?Watch 'Ishq shava' and you will find out. But as an actress she's got a long way to go. Her face was blank in major parts of the movie and that did not gel with me as a viewer

The biggest weakness of the flick is the lack of proper story. It was so messed up, boring and predictable. There was not a single twist that I was awestruck with. Wish there was a good solid story to back the movie

Unfortunately this is not one of Yash Chopra's best for me as a viewer. I prefer Veer Zaara and Darr over JTHJ because those two flicks had better stories in comparison 

Will I watch it again? Sure, but only the portions of Major Samar Anand and Akira

My good for nothing rating 2.5/5
Caped_Crusader thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Jab Tak Hai Jaan Morning show yesterday at rawalpindi,pakistan. theratre outside view.

Reports says film is Huge in PAK. There were no tickets till Thursday. Film will cross Don 2 lifetime which is highest grosser in Pak till date in 5-6 days.

Caped_Crusader thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan is clean example of SRK's Super Stardom in Bollywood.

JTHJ 3 days - 49.25crs.
ETT 3 days - 60crs.

Being released with big clash with SOS, 800 Screens less than ETT and being a romantic film ( no mass content ) it did just 10-11crs less than ETT.

What if JTHJ had a Solo Release ??"
lentils thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/jab-tak-hai-jaan-837285-8735/

At first, we think it's empty hero-giri. Samar (Shah Rukh Khan), a classic loner, is not with the others of his bomb-defusing team, one of whom struggles to make sense of the tangle of wires in an explosive device at a Leh marketplace. Samar rides in on his motorbike alone, a little later, and when he gets to work, an onlooker remarks that he will not wear a bomb suit. After all, he hasn't worn one while defusing close to 100 bombs thus far โ€“ a record, which fetches him the title The Man who Cannot Die. More remarks follow that build Samar up, in our eyes, as some sort of outrageous superhero. The onlooker says, "Iski aankhon mein aaj tak maut ka dar nahin dekha," that he's never seen in Samar's eyes the fear of death, and he adds that Samar walks up to explosive devices as if walking into a girlfriend's arms. It all seems to be little but empty hero-giri, the kind of image-stoking, ego-massaging scenario that every big star writes into his contract.

Hosted by imgur.com

But slowly we see that Samar is no reckless hero, that he has a death wish, that he's really The Man who Wants to Die. For love, naturally. Yash Chopra's Jab Tak Hai Jaan (co-written by Aditya Chopra) is something of a companion piece to Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (which the younger Chopra directed). Here too, we're treated to two flavours of Shah Rukh Khan โ€“ one silent and withdrawn, one the exuberant embodiment of life itself. Here too, we have Anushka Sharma, playing a Discovery Channel filmmaker named Akira, torn between these two personas โ€“ except that, this time, she falls for the introvert. And here too, the big guy up in the sky plays a pivotal part. This time, though, it's a different god, one who hangs on a crucifix and whom Samar refers to as Sir Jesus. In other words, we're watching Christ Ne Bana Di Jodi, which could be the title of the translation of Graham Greene's novel The End of the Affair.

That's where this film's plot comes from โ€“ at least, a portion of it. But the changes weaken this adaptation. Instead of saving the crucial revelation for the end, which is how we realise how much love there was, we're clued in to the fact as it happens. And while the heroine of the novel was a married woman, and therefore had more to lose, Meera (Katrina Kaif) is merely engaged to an Englishman named Roger, whom she calls "a really nice guy." (Translation: he doesn't stand a chance.) But most puzzlingly, we're never clued in to why this Punjabi girl worships at the altar of Jesus. We are all free to choose our own deliverers, of course, but wouldn't it have helped to show how this bond was forged in the first place? (The novel's Catholic guilt, on the other hand, is instantly understandable.) All we see is Meera transacting with Sir Jesus: "Give me this, and I'll give up that." It sounds like child's play, not a deep-rooted belief system. And how does Samar โ€“ someone who does odd jobs in London before becoming a waiter at a restaurant โ€“ join the army and turn into a bomb expert?

It is perhaps a testament to Yash Chopra that he shepherds us past this material without making it look entirely ludicrous. Jab Tak Hai Jaan is a sturdy instruction manual on how to handle melodrama in the classiest possible fashion. None of Chopra's earlier romances show this hushed restraint, this refusal to punch up the proceedings with thunder and lightning โ€“ the film could be unfolding in a cathedral. The matter-of-fact manner in which Samar expresses his love for Meera is mirrored in the matter-of-fact manner in which Akira tells Samar she's fallen for him. They could be talking about the weather. There's a steady rhythm to the narrative, without abrupt shifts in tone like the antakshari sequence in Lamhe. Even the heroine's mandatory taandav is incorporated into a night out at an underground club, and it segues neatly into a song. Younger audiences may snigger at a story about divine retribution and a diary that conveniently reveals the protagonist's past, but now that Yash Chopra has retired to that great chiffon swath in the heavens, it's easier to accept these contrivances as the final flourish of a signature style.

At times, Jab Tak Hai Jaan is a reminder of the best of Yash Chopra. This is certainly true of the episode involving Rishi and Neetu Kapoor, who worked with Chopra in Kabhi Kabhie, among other films. They're just wonderful together, and they make you wish this film had told their story. Rishi Kapoor got a lot of praise, this year, for his turn in Agneepath, where he huffed and puffed and pretty much blew the house down, but this interlude here is where we see what a fine, unfussy actor he can be, especially in the moment where he regards Meera with a glass of wine in his hand. He looks like the most content person on earth. As for the heavens, they send down flakes of snow when Samar first sees Meera. That's Yash Chopra's cinema for you. In the Greene novel, the heavens dropped a bomb on the couple during a wartime blitz.

That sense of cataclysm is strangely missing here. It's all very well to be subtle and subdued, but when God worms his way into a love affair between a poor boy and a rich girl, we expect upheavals of Biblical proportions. After a while, the low-key nature of the happenings begin to lull us into a stupor. Somewhere in the second half, something horrible happens to Samar and, suddenly, a new movie (or a Part 2) seems to unfold. Just when we expected the events thus far to cohere and concentrate, the narrative becomes diffuse and the film slows to a crawl. (During the final stretches, you may fear that the film's title is an indication that it will go on till the life ebbs out of you.) And the end is hugely unsatisfying, a cheat. It does not warrant the sufferings that came before, as it seems to hinge on a simple change of heart. After investing three-plus hours in a love story, we're left with an abject anticlimax.

Part of the problem is that the leads never really catch fire. Anushka Sharma makes history as the first Yash Raj heroine to refer to a bodily orifice that gets little sunlight, but she has played this part many times before (she's the tomboy counterpoint to Kaif's feminine ideal), and in this early stage of her career she comes dangerously close to giving a greatest-hits performance. Still, her portions with Samar are among the film's best. There's life in them. Shah Rukh, bearded and guarded, is excellent here, but in his track with Katrina, he gives his own greatest-hits performance, and he looks too old, too tired to be doing what he did with Kajol in Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. And what can we say of Kaif? She's staggeringly ineffective, and she gets countless close-ups to offer us repeated proof of the fact. How can such a heavy role be entrusted to someone so lifeless in front of the camera? She's like a little girl with an Easy-Bake Oven trying to manufacture loaves for multitudes gathered on a mountaintop. That's a miracle beyond even Sir Jesus.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Theatres shut down in Mumbai โ€“ JTHJ SOS business affected

Soon after the announcement of Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's death, film exhibitors in Maharashtra (including Mumbai) decided to shut theatres down across the state.

All shows from 6PM on Saturday were cancelled. Theatres in the state will remain closed on Sunday too.

It's a massive blow for the two Diwali releases โ€“ Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Son Of Sardar โ€“ as both films were expected to put up big numbers on Sunday.

Advance booking has been suspended with immediate effect.

source:indicine
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
"JAB TAK HAI JAAN takes a thunderous start in Pakistan by grossing 90 lacs in 2 days (Thursday & Friday)"
srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
watched it last nitght and loved it . truly YC romance.  amazing acting by the trio. kat was good too.  and yeah the cinema i went was full house tooo .  and omg i was shocked when i saw shah kissing kat but awww loved it lol its was a cute and hot kiss. lol. the ending made me cry its was soo sadd.๐Ÿ˜ญ missied YC.  thanks yc for that movie.   Edited by srklicious - 11 years ago