Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Jab Tak Hai Jaan reviews! (Page 18)

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:52am | IP Logged
^^^haha is this review written by you..One of the bestThumbs Up

The movie was long though. Gonna-pee-down-my-leg long.

London. It's winter. 2002. Due to tear in the space time continuum, posters for the recent London Olympics are everywhere. Also due to this same time warp, a 47-year old is running around pretending to be in his twenties. Samar is a struggling musician, forced to work at odd jobs. Shoveling snow. Waiting tables. Selling fish! To pay for his seriously expensive guitar kit, and his designer jackets.

The plot has been twisted pretty good so far, but now it's finally choked to death. Samar gets retrograde amnesia, that scourge of the movie world. Everybody gets it once a year, like the common cold. He thinks he's married to Meera, blah, blah, blah, I had to pee.LOL

Edited by you2 - 14 November 2012 at 1:53am

Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:30am | IP Logged
First things first. I didn't even realize when 3 hours were up LOL And this comes from one on the most restless people on the planet.
If you've read Nahta's review then u pretty much know the story. And somehow he made it sound sooo stupid so I was a bit apprehensive when I went to watch it. But everything was forgotten within moments of the movie beginning. The insipid storyline makes much more sense when you watch SRK, Ansuhka and Kat (Grudgingly, but yes! She does contribute) breathe life innit.

Katrina's portrayal as Meera, a girl who believes in forgoing something for every wish she makes to God is believable. While I can't say that she'll earn awards for it...I have to give it to her that it's MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. You can see expressions flitting through her face every now and then. And guys will find it easy enough not to concentrate on her face LOL
The Ishq Shava bit was explosive on the screens. Great tempo, confident moves and almost bang on attitude.
Another scene that majorly hit me was during the climax when she makes that frantic deal with God to save his life. Well executed. The determination in her eyes when she stood up and turned her back was WHOA!

Akira played by Anushka is infectious. She chases her dreams, believes in poking her nose into others diaries and life, wants to have sex with men having different accents LOL
She is an amalgam of Geet from JWM and Veronica from Cocktail tamed into a more bindaas, confident and practical version.
And she is totally relatable.
How many times has it happened that you read books and fall in love with the male protagonist? For me, INNUMERABLE. Lucky her! She got to meet the protagonist in reality, to flirt with him unabashedly, fall in love with him.
And somehow a hollowness can be felt inside your heart when you realize that you've fallen hopelessly in love with someone who can't reciprocate. Sucks! Big Time.
Anushka makes you feel it.

And what can I say about SRK that hasn't already been said?
He is perfect. I prefer the bitter, stubble-d, uniformed man to the carefree, multiple job holder, english-vinglish spoof LOL
His anger, his hurt, his love, his intensity, his longing...
It's all palpable.
No flakes of the OSO and Ra.One OTTness. He is there, owning the movie and making it something else.

Yash Ji's last is magic in entirety. The plot of the movie may not be all that path breaking...but the SOUL of the movie is.

Totally recommend it to Romance-o-holics.

PS - At moments I just imagined Madhuri Dixit in stead of Kat. It HELPED. A L-O-T! LOL

Edited by Lhethal.Me - 14 November 2012 at 2:31am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

laserwolfmadzaboutchockhoslakadhoklabriahnayou2AishMinozBillu-Maamma-x-Reshu-x-

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:46am | IP Logged
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (JTHJ) did almost similar numbers what we expected initially from the film months before film's release. Film has pleased its target audience and will remain 1st choice for ladies and families.

2nd Day early Trends & 1st Day Updated Box office Collections Of JAB TAK HAI JAAN

Wednesday, 14th November 02:00 PM IST

JAB TAK HAI JAAN Starts Well At Box Office

"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (JTHJ) did almost similar numbers what we expected initially from the film months before film's release. Film has pleased its target audience and will remain 1st choice for ladies and families.

JTHJ clean swept West Bengal, Mysore and other south markets. Film dominated Mumbai, UP and Gujarat too. Only in North India and central India film faced some stiff competition from SOS. Film lost 5 -6 cr biz due to other release which is acceptable.

Film collected 14.75 cr nett on Day one which is a huge figure considering the puja and competition. This is almost what we predicted in our prediction some good 40 days back. Film opened well in overseas market and will release fully there in next two days.

As per the early estimates, film is running to complete packed houses all over today. Film should easily cross 20 cr today and anything in excess of 22 cr will be a great result. Film has advantage of low budget of 45 cr and even  95 cr nett plus biz makes it a clean hit.

Edited by aiswaryaaa - 14 November 2012 at 2:46am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Billu-Maamma-x-Reshu-x-

Nautanki- IF-Rockerz
Nautanki-
Nautanki-

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Heres my review... 

I liked the movie but the it was pretty lengthy, was getting restless towards the end of the movie. Cinematography is awesome, Yash Chopra's direction needs no words. This movie is all for those cherish romantic movies. I found it a little sophisticated for my taste. 

Coming to the characters.

1. Katrina- is a breath of fresh air. She really surprises me with every movie, especially this one. Her immensely deadly dance to her expressions everything. This girl is really improving, her hindi has massively improved, Omaagaaad her dance moves before the song Ishq shava starts is seriously too good watch out for that one of the highlights of movie. I think she was very apt for the role of Meera. 

2. Anushka- Loved Anushka in the role of Akira, I feel she fits plays the role of a Delhi girl really well from her accent to expressions. Her radiant smile just makes you to fall in love her. I really liked her and SRK's chemistry in this movie than Rab ne bana di jodi. I loved her costumes she fits my kind of personality. On the whole I loved Akira's character and again no one else could have done it better than Anushka. 

3. SRK- I must say one thing as much as I would love to avoid SRK the more he makes me fall in love with him in every movie. I don't really like SRK but this movie failed to do that for me. You instantly take SRK away from Samar and watch Samar as a character and not think it is SRK. He plays his part with ease and gives an effortless performance as usual. I think he should just stick to romance as a genre. 

I liked SRK-Kat's jodi and surprisingly also liked SRK and Anushka's too! My fav songs were Saans, Challa and Jiya re... 

Would give the movie a 3.5/5

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

madzaboutchocsaruu.PuffinHypercityAishMinoz-koiza-Billu-Maamma-x-Reshu-x-

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:52am | IP Logged
taran adarsh ?@taran_adarsh

#JTHJ *actuals* Tue 15.23 cr nett.

PuffinHypercity-x-Reshu-x-

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Komal Nahta ?@KomalNahta

Jab Tak Hai Jaan has collected Rs 15.23 crore on Day 1 in India. Brilliant!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PuffinHypercityBillu-Maamma-x-Reshu-x-

AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 3:05am | IP Logged

#JTHJ takes Singapore by storm. Collects S$ 96,000 on Tue.

#JTHJ opens to a fabulous response in UAE. Collects $ 325,000 on Tue.

Girish Johar ?@girishjohar

@Prakashjaaju @shubh2000 in overseas jthj is huge...in line with srk's super status !!

Amul Mohan ?@amul_mohan

#JabTakHaiJaan opens in Pakistan tomorrow!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Caped_Crusader

Caped_Crusader IF-Sizzlerz
Caped_Crusader
Caped_Crusader

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Sanjay Jha ?@JhaSanjay

#JTHJ establishes that love even in a one-night stand modern urban setting, remains perennially the same; irrational, vulnerable, yet strong

Sanjay Jha ?@JhaSanjay

#JTHJ Katrina Kaif literally sizzles in a breathtaking dance sequence that , I suspect, is enough to draw a repeat male audience. :-))

Sanjay Jha ?@JhaSanjay

#JTHJ Anushka Sharma is impetuous, effervescent, go-getter, and gets the film's peppy Jiya Re rocking. Kashmir/Ladakh is a heavenly green

madzaboutchoc-x-Reshu-x-

Go to top