Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Jab Tak Hai Jaan reviews! (Page 14)

Post Reply New Post

Page 14 of 89

Hazardous

IF-Rockerz

Hazardous

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
There were so many unexplained things that occurred in the movie that left me so effin frustrated cause there was no friggin explanation given for it. Such an unrealistic ILLOGICAL film.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jab Tak Hai Jaan reviews! (Page 14)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 5:05pm | IP Logged

Jab Tak Hai Jaan Movie Review

Comments
By Pooja Rao
Posted on 13 November 2012 in Movie ReviewsMoviesNewsReviewsSliderStars

A Love without life, or a life without love? Time is the strongest tests of relationships? Or something like that! Through Dil Toh Paagal Hai, Yash Chopra made famous the 'someone somewhere is made for you' belief. With Jab Tak Hai Jaan, he elucidates the concept of timeless love. Every relationship has its time, it's believed. If something is meant to happen or not is a trick of destiny, all you've got to give it is your honest best.

JTHJ is the story of Samar Anand (Shah Rukh Khan) tracing his life across a span of around 10 years–one as a young musician in London picking up odd jobs to make a honest yet cheerful livelihood while second as Major Samar Anand of the Indian army, where he's tagged as 'the man who cannot die' owing to his record of diffusing 98 bombs without any bomb suits or safety. While musician Samar is a carefree, extrovert, charming person who makes friends easily as he goes, Major Samar is a recluse, who mostly keeps to himself, playing the dutiful army officer one bomb at a time. Meera (Katrina Kaif) and Akira (Anushka Sharma) play the two loves, who enter at different stages of his life. What circumstances led the effervescent Samar to retreat into a life of solidarity, what's the emotional baggage he carries and what happens when the lives of the three characters intertwine forms the narrative of Jab Tak Hai Jaan.

Of the two leading ladies Anushka scores over her co-star. Her character as a fiery bindaas daredevil is perfectly written and she makes it to her advantage. The chemistry she shares with Shah Rukh continues in the same vein from RNBDJ.. not too subtle, not too over-played, she is a complete pleasure to watch. Katrina is comparatively average. While her character has a graph which requires her to be restrained at most times, that is no argument, especially in her scenes with SRK, where she falls immensely flat and looks confused. Coming to the man of the moment, Shah Rukh, looking decidedly dapper in bow-tie as ruggedly composed in army attire, makes JTHJ all about him. Effortless in a character only he could've pulled off with so much lan, he adopts Samar's arrogance and confidence with equal balance, proving exactly why his name is synonymous with romance. There are moments in the film you feel sorry for him having to work against a tide of flimsy material and weak chemistry, but against all odds, he manages to wax coat with SRK charm. There is a lovely casting of Rishi and Neetu Kapoor in a cameo and while the scene was meant to be between Neetu and Katrina, Rishi Kapoor steals it with an endearing grin and a wave of a wine glass.

The somgs, composed by A R Rahman penned by Gulzar already well received, is magnified on screen. I am not a particular fan of the album in its entirety, but you can't help enjoying the beats when 'Challa' plays (yes, plural!) or tap your feet at 'Ishq Shava', packaged very well with trick choreography, which surprisingly Shah Rukh pulls off quite convincingly. What doesn't work in its favor is the songs are too close within minutes of each other. Especially in the first half where most of the tracks are stacked up, while 'Saans' re-runs in the background score of the second-half make them a tedious watch after a point of which you wish you could reach out for the fast-forward button.

JTHJ is a Yash Chopra film of 2012. So the white chiffon sari is replaced with white night gown, Switzerland is traded for Kashmir, but the soul of a Yash Raj cinema is intact. At a gracious run-time of close to 3hours, JTHJ is a couple reels too long, but the filmmaker's zeal for cinema livens up the otherwise dull moments of the film. This is aptly put together in the end credits of the film, a montage of the film's making which shows Yash Chopra's excitement every time he screamt action, or the candid joyful expressions of seeing his actors enact his vision. Beneath a very routine motorbike sequence in the bare terrains of Ladakh, or a simple conversation at a park in London, there lies a Yash Chopra charisma that simply can't be stripped off or ignored. 'If you're not happy, you cannot make anyone else happy', a character says. Yash Chopra knew this too well. He enjoyed his work, he was happy, he tried to make sure others were happy as well thru his cinema.

For those with pre-conceived notions of this being an out-and-out soppy romantic tale, the screenplay by Aditya Chopra and Devika Bhagat is much more than that. In the midst of a love triangle, there is a story of survival, a tale of letting go, moving on, embracing life as it comes, questioning of faith, challenging of religious beliefs all done without any hum-drums of cheap innuendos, gags or toilet humor, just in shades of pristine white purity. Loaded with references from Yash Raj classics, maintaining an old world sincerity, JTHJ also treads into sub-plots of extra-marital affairs, a barter-trade like relationship with the Almighty, etc. Undoubtedly, the romantic scenes stand out the most, treated with substance and maturity in the experienced hands of Yash Chopra, executing them the way YRF knows best.

JTHJ will possibly not be heralded as a landmark film, it won't run for weeks together like its other predecessor from the production house; however it's one of the better romances to come out of Bollywood in recent times. Yes it's sloppy, yes it's amusingly clichd, loopholes/facts hard to look past, but SRK makes it work, one aviator-clad stubble form, one honest act, one engaging performance. Maybe sometimes that's all there is, Jab Tak Hai Khan.

Our rating:

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

khoslakadhoklablue-ice

PuffinHypercity

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-SalShah4eva-

nadaanmasakalli

IF-Achieverz

nadaanmasakalli

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
Very Very Very Disappointing  to say the least  
Did not feel like a YC film at all. I respect yash ji and his past works a lot but this is his weakest and Worst film till date. I bet if he wouldn't have died the film would have fallen flat on it's face whatever business it's gonna do in coming days will be only because of the fact that it's his last.

To Me the best Part of the film Is the end credits and That's it it made me emotional and i got carried away Rest is TOOO BORINGGG and LONG And AWKWARD why so many awkward liplocks and the love making scene is Just gross not at all shot well .

P.s i have nothing against the actors i liek them All and i felt kat was better than her past work However, SRK & Kat has0 or shoul i say chemistry in Negative digits it's like non existant and they just look uncomfortable onscreen . Anushka did well as akira and really added some jaan to this Otherwise bejaan movie

my rating  between 1.5 to 2 out of 5  
Sorry it's the bitter truth

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Raiinie2

Raiinie2

IF-Rockerz

Raiinie2

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
Well, seems like I am going to be in the minority who dint quite enjoy the film as i wanted too. I don't know why i feel apologetic about it, maybe cause this was Yash Raj's last film and i really wanted to like it. But somehow, i just couldn't make myself do so. The Yash Raj magic i expected, was a miss. The Yash Raj romance i yearned for wasn't there. The characters, i just couldn't relate too nor could i empathise with. Thus, maybe its the disconnect with the characters, that i wasn't fully able to emerse in the film and enjoy it. Sigh. The only good thing about the film were the locations- Ladakh and Kashmir. Ahhh what scenic beauties and very well captured in the film! Day Dreaming
The film was tad lengthy, i mean i expected it to be long but this was LOOONG! SRK/Katrina/Anuskha were all good. SRK is seriously born for these romantic type roles, this is where he is best at and he does shine. WOW!!! At Katrina's dancing, before the ishq Shava song. Ahhh she looks so fitt!!! *thinspiration* Some scenes were unesseccary and uncomfortable to watch- the word 'cringe' comes to my mind! D'oh
It saddens me to say this but I would have probably suggested waiting on JTHJ to release on DVD, if it was not Yash Raj's last film!

P.S: Was SRK wearing coloured lens in the film??? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nadaanmasakalli-SalShah4eva-

PuffinHypercity

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SRK-BEBO

Goldie

SRK-BEBO

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
after a long time, I watched a good commercial movie with out loud jokes, over the top masala, item numbers and screams.
The movie is good, I can give 4/5 , but I will settle for 3.75/5 as a strict cinema lover due to few flawa JTHJ carries.
Performances
Katrina- Its definitely her best if we avoid 3-4 scenes of her which is not up to the mark.
Anu- She did well in few parts, but surprisingly I found her over the top in few scenes
SRK- What can I say? He shows what a powerhouse performer he is.. Definitely the best commercial performance this year with out any doubt. I can say he exceeded Ranbi's brafi performance as the army officer. As younger Samar, except 2-3 scenes, he has done very well.
Editing: ahhh:X they could have trimmed 30 minutes easier and make this film as a great film, but they didnt. Its long specially the first half.
Katrina is the best dancer no doubt.
If you ever expect there will be another romanric movie which will be able to hold your breath from youngfer stars and younger directors, sorry there will be no more.
No body can ever do romance like SRK and make larger than life love stories like Yash ji.
'if you think there will another but better Mausam, sorry it will not happen. Romance is dying and you will not ablle to watch them in future flicks.
Dont expect another Veer zara kind of attachments. You wont sigh like SRK carries PZ over the bridge, you will not get shocked and emotional like when you see OLD PZ at Veer's home nor you will get tears rolling up and sighs like when they start playing Tere Liye.
This has its own story and own life of romance with a bit practical and modern touch.
Music- watch out for the song which is not released. Its the best. But Rahman's music just go with the story and connect with it. But not make a huge impact.
Direction- Yash ji will be missed. Breath taking visuals, have never seen such amazing visuals, camera angles.
Go and watch it. Highly recomend it. It's a muct watch and you will have great time.
ps: who the hell said movie is sad: huh..Movie is emotional and has touchy moments and specially a soul, but its not a depressing saga..lol at liers who spread bogus reviews.Stern Smile
I as a SRK fan, I am so happy with the movie. He delivers an awesome performance. I skipped all the reviews, I dont know what people are talking about. But I am sure no body will bash SRK's performance if he is not a hell biased person with some agenda. He carries the film and the life of the film. No one can do romance like him man. He specially in the second half, just act with his eyes.
I will still consider Swades as the best of him, cause it's not a larger than life role and that genre is my favorite.
Thanks

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

khoslakadhoklaPuffinHypercity-SalShah4eva-

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
My reviews for the movie:)

Movie starts with Yashji pic and his words which he mentioned in his birthday interviewSmile
Then SRK came there in the bike omg How hot he was lookingDay Dreaming
Everybody in the theater was whistling & was yeyyy SRKLOL 
I tell you he looked the best in the uniform. I cannot describe how good he lookedBlushing

Not going to mention anything about the plot do not want to spoil it for others.Embarrassed

I am sorry but I did not liked the first half of the movie. I thought everyone was loving it but I couldn't it I loved the movie after Intermission. It was not slow neither boring don't what people makes think that. 
In the first half I liked the story after both were in love and how the movie spread away.
And there were some good parts and funny too. I liked that dialog "Done, Done London" ROFL

Coming to anushka, when the movie start it was okay she did over act in the begining but after intermission she was too adorableEmbarrassed
Loved her scenes with SRK and it was cute. And those army officers and akira scenesLOL
Too adorable. She was in love with Samar Anand and calls him "sexy" and talks about how she wants to do sexD'ohROFL
There were only like 2 or 3 scene where she over acted that was in the beginning of the movie but after that she was awesome. She was cutiepieSmile

Yes, SRK kissed Kat but I won't call that KissROFL 
But I am really disappointed with SRK why did he broke his rules. I am just thinking he refused to kiss in OSO isn't this unfair nowConfused
Their first kiss was needed but did not get it other onesLOL
Omg that few sec sex in the saans song OMGLOL

Coming back to Kat, the surprise pack of the movie was Katerina KalfShocked
First of all she looked so beautiful in all of her dresses and Indian clothes she wore tooSmile
Regarding her acting wow she improved so muchClap i am going to be honest there were only 2 or 3 scenes I thought she can be good @ it but its alright in other scenes she was good. I wont say wow she was perfect but deff improved and gave expression too and I mean it. Now people don't say it she doesnt know how to actOuch
Thank god Kat surprised me with her this movie and till date this is best performance so farEmbarrassed Kat played her Meera role very wellThumbs Up I would like to see her and SRK more movie woh bhi in a romantic movieBig smile

Not going to say anything about SRK because he was amazing in samar anad role the one with the beard. He little bit reminds me of Kabir Khan from CDILOL
Amit ji said after swades this was her best performance I can say hmm kinda but he was good in SA Smile

All three were good in their roles and yash ji choose right actors for Meera, Samar and akira role. Now I cannot imagine somebody else played by Samar Anand, Meera and akiraEmbarrassed

But overall, it was good movie and there were some beautiful moments. I especially, enjoyed the Ladak one moreTongue

If People are expecting this movie to be like Veer Zaara or another Yash ji then u guys are wrong. This movie is totally different than VZ and other Yash ji so don't expect anything.

There were 3 or 4 moments i got teary eyes did not cried I was about to but did not. And i really felt it scene between anu and SRK @ the airportEmbarrassed
Everybody thought SRK wouldLOL but nothing happned like that
& aditi and every1 that person posted spoiler it was nothing like thatAngry
Jhoote logAngry

All due to respect Yash ji. I enjoyed the movie and some of the parts were good and I dont think now we will see movie like this..
Yash ji Thank you so muchHug
RIP

I will give 3.5 out of 5 because my expectation were very high and it was below my expectation. Sorry, I have to be honest hereEmbarrassed

EDIT: Everyone has different opinion and different taste. So, this was mineEmbarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-koiza-PuffinHypercityNikki_Titli

Post Reply New Post

Go to top