Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Jab Tak Hai Jaan reviews! (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 89

theprince

IF-Rockerz

theprince

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 1:56pm | IP Logged

The critics have praised the film, as Jab Tak Hai Jaan has scored 64/100 on our review scale. The response on social networking sites varies from highly positive to extremely negative, which is the case with almost every SRK release.

http://www.indicine.com/movies/bollywood/jab-tak-hai-jaan-first-day-box-office-collections/

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DB_reloaded

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jab Tak Hai Jaan reviews! (Page 13)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
Guys...this thread is only for posting reviews...there is another thread for discussion..which is also sticky..Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

honey.bKaran.bambogli

madzaboutchoc

IF-Dazzler

madzaboutchoc

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Finally could not wait and watched it tonight.
Srk looks amazing in the movie and loved the first half. Kat and Srk pairing looks ahmazzing.
Second half was really slow and anushka's continuous chatter can be a headache but loved the ending.
Katrina adds a very ethereal quality to Meera and loved her in the movie. Some scenes could have been better but no one could have played Meera better than Katrina.
Srk was the best part about the movie. 

Edited by ronitroy_ria - 13 November 2012 at 3:37pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

myriam-koiza-PuffinHypercityblue-ice

IAmAHunter

IAmAHunter

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Just came from the Movie..

Well...like Any Yash Chopra movie..it is unreal...it is pure..it is not human !!

If you can believe a man can stay decades in jaill and feel for him when Tere Liya starts...you will like Jab tak hain Jaan

SRK is amazing..but it is time to quit bollywood style romantic roles.

Katrina has shown that she can carry a character...she looks angelic..

Anushka is a star..she dominates SRK in all the scenes they share...

Over all..Not a great film..second half drags like anything...

decent end to a amazing career...I loved the title credits and yash chopra in the making..

Over all 7/10

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

myriamDeathstroke

-Mmmmm-

-Mmmmm-

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 3:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by briahna

review pls.

Originally posted by springs

^^ Yes, a short review please Smile Did you like the movie? How did the actors perform? 

Was your MIL happy after watching the movie?

It was a good watch... I liked it... 

SRK looked goood... Reminds me of his Chalte Chalte/VZ/Swades days... 

I would rate his performances in Swades and Chak De much much higher compared to this one... Definitely a better movie compared to his recent ones like Ra1, Don1 and 2.  

SRK makes this movie totally watchable... Liked him better in the army role compared to him in the younger role.   Kat does deliver in the first half,  compared to her earlier movies she has performed well in this movie.  Second half, Anushka and SRK totally stole the show... 

I will post a detailed review soon... 

PS: My MIL loved it... She's planning to watch it again this weekend with my sis... LOL

Edited by -Maddy- - 13 November 2012 at 5:16pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-veil_of_rosesspringspria4ever-Kruti.S-khoslakadhoklaArwen.AishMinozDeathstrokeoblivious.bamboglichocolover89blue-ice-SalShah4eva-

Hazardous

IF-Dazzler

Hazardous

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
I went today for the first day first show and the movie was UTTER CRAP. I'm incredibly disappointed.

Hazardous

IF-Dazzler

Hazardous

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
The way they were promoting the movie I was expecting it to be an extraordinary love story. They even kept the title under wraps for so long, I was expecting something so heart wrenching but what I got in return was a sack of cow shit.

DB_reloaded

IF-Stunnerz

DB_reloaded

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:13pm | IP Logged

Jab Tak Hai Jaan Review

QUICK REVIEW of Jab Tak Hai Jaan(page will be updated shortly)

Yash Chopra is renowned for his eternal romantic love stories and Jab Tak Hai Jaan is his most intense romantic film ever. The characters here are arrogant, egoistic and unforgiving. His heroine if I remember right has just one scene in a saree. Yet, his magical touch is visible throughout, in every romantic scene in the film.

There are several twists and turns in Jab Tak Hai Jaan, all of which mostly work. Coming to the negatives, the film is lengthy (close to 3 hours) and slow-paced. Also, the music (A.R.Rahman) is one of the weakest for an Yash Chopra film in a long time. It has a few good songs like 'Challa' and 'Saans', but pales in comparison to some of the tracks from Dil Toh Pagal Hai and Veer Zaara (arguably the best Hindi album ever).

The performances are very good Shahrukh Khan, quite obviously, has the meatiest role and does very well. The intensity he brings to the character of Samar in the second half (as the army officer), reminds you of his fabulous performance in Chak De India. As the younger Samar, he is at his charming best. Although he looks a little too old for the young lover-boy that he plays on screen, he looks good with Katrina and the two share excellent chemistry. Watch out for the dance sequence just before the Ishq Shava song, which is followed by one of my favorite scenes in the film at the railway station where Samar declares his love to Meera.

Anushka Sharma has the smallest role, but makes an impact. Her loud, bubbly and talkative character is quite similar to Geet in Jab We Met. Neetu Singh, Rishi Kapoor and Anupam Kher have one scene each.

Overall, Jab Tak Hai Jaan is a good one-time watch, a modern take on old fashioned love. It's slow-paced and tends to drag in the second half, but the performances (especially SRK and Anushka) more than make up for it. Also, don't be in a hurry to leave the cinema hall. The clippings of Yashji during the closing credits, will make you cry.

Rating: ★★★☆

Edited by uk-dhakaboy - 13 November 2012 at 4:12pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top