Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Sanjay Jha ?@JhaSanjay

#JTHJ Final verdict: A perfect Diwali watch; and reinforces your faith in faith. Goodbye Yash Chopra! A fitting finale! Rating: 4/5

Karan Kundra ?@kkundra

And @iamsrk just proved again what magic he is capable of! In awe of Yash ji's last project! Totally loved jab Tak hai jaan!

Caped_Crusader thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
taran adarsh ?@taran_adarsh

It's a 6-day weekend for both #JTHJ and #SOS - Tue to Sun. Will they cross the 100 cr mark in these 6 days? What do *you* feel?

Expand

Both #JTHJ and #SOS were affected from post noon onwards due to pooja. But expect BIG jump today.

Expand

aran adarsh ?@taran_adarsh

AT A GLANCE - Who is ahead in Indian circuits? CI - #SOS, Rajasthan - #SOS, Nizam, Mysore, Andhra - #JTHJ. Mumbai city - #JTHJ.

Expand

Like I said yesterday, this is the *BIGGEST* and *BEST* Diwali for Bollywood. #JTHJ + #SOS biz will be the Biggest ever!

Expand

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Jab Tak Hai Jaan vs Son of Sardaar – Screen Count

November 14th, 2012 by MKS
Tweet

Big Bollywood release of the week Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Son of Sardaar had created enough buzz, before releasing, regarding its allotted screen space by the single screens as well as the multiplexes. In fact, the brawl had stretched to such an extent that the Ajay Devgn Ffilms had to file a case in the court against the Yash Raj Films for the same. However, it seems the issue doesn't exist anymore.

Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif And Anushka Sharma In Jab Tak Hai Jaan Movie Poster And Ajay Devgan In Son Of Sardaar Movie Poster

According to latest reports, Viacom 18 and Eros were able to get around 2000 screens for Son of Sardaar, which is a huge number for any Bollywood Biggie. On the other hand, Jab Tak Hai Jaan got about 2,500 screens which is not a lot more that Son of Sardaar.

So if you are wondering if both the movies got an equal footage at the domestic box office the answer is Yes. Both SOS and JTHJ have an equal opportunity to prove their worth at the domestic box office.

Watch this space for more updates!

AishMinoz thumbnail
laserwolf thumbnail

Datnews IndiaBy Staff on Tue, 11/13/2012 - 18:20The premiere for Jab Tak Hain Jaan was spectacular. The place was done up as an old classy theater. Lots of stars. Even Salman turned up half way through the movie. Kajol was not invited.

The movie was long though. Gonna-pee-down-my-leg long.

London. It's winter. 2002. Due to tear in the space time continuum, posters for the recent London Olympics are everywhere. Also due to this same time warp, a 47-year old is running around pretending to be in his twenties. Samar is a struggling musician, forced to work at odd jobs. Shoveling snow. Waiting tables. Selling fish! To pay for his seriously expensive guitar kit, and his designer jackets.

Enter Princess Meera. He teaches her a Punjabi song for Daddy's birthday. She explains to him the difference between constipation and conversation. Love blossoms.

Time for the core plot twist. You see, Princess Meera is cuckoo for cocopuffs. Or rather for Sir Jesus. So when Samar has a minor accident, she asks Jesus to spare his life, and promises to break up with him if he does. Like any good Catholic girl.

The light-footed Samar springs free of the accident, and is promptly dumped. He goes nuts, embittered, and ends up in Kashmir, defusing bombs in his underwear.

Enter the bubbly Anushka Sharma. She's 21, and part of the younger generation. For her, love is all "Slam, Bam, Thanks Dude". But she falls head-over-heels for the fearless Samar, makes a movie about him, and it's off to London for the premiere.

The plot has been twisted pretty good so far, but now it's finally choked to death. Samar gets retrograde amnesia, that scourge of the movie world. Everybody gets it once a year, like the common cold. He thinks he's married to Meera, blah, blah, blah, I had to pee.

Katrina is spectacularly beautiful. Like a barbie. And like a barbie, she has been frozen in the same expression for the last seven years: Sleeping Beauty. But Shah Rukh's awkward fumbling kiss doesn't help.

Kissing aside, SRK powers through his part effortlessly. It's all meaningful looks, twinkling eyes, sweetness and light. Anushka's histrionics, so enjoyable in short ads for random products, are not meant for extended exposure.

Did AR Rahman really do the music for this movie? I'm not convinced. The background track is good. But it sounds an awful lot like Motorcycle Diaries.

My favorite part of the movie was the cinematography. Spectacular. I really need to go to Ladakh!
3.5/5

Edited by laserwolf - 11 years ago
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
^^^haha is this review written by you..One of the bestπŸ‘πŸΌ

The movie was long though. Gonna-pee-down-my-leg long.

London. It's winter. 2002. Due to tear in the space time continuum, posters for the recent London Olympics are everywhere. Also due to this same time warp, a 47-year old is running around pretending to be in his twenties. Samar is a struggling musician, forced to work at odd jobs. Shoveling snow. Waiting tables. Selling fish! To pay for his seriously expensive guitar kit, and his designer jackets.

The plot has been twisted pretty good so far, but now it's finally choked to death. Samar gets retrograde amnesia, that scourge of the movie world. Everybody gets it once a year, like the common cold. He thinks he's married to Meera, blah, blah, blah, I had to pee.πŸ˜†
Edited by you2 - 11 years ago
TheLastCarnival thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
First things first. I didn't even realize when 3 hours were up πŸ˜† And this comes from one on the most restless people on the planet.
If you've read Nahta's review then u pretty much know the story. And somehow he made it sound sooo stupid so I was a bit apprehensive when I went to watch it. But everything was forgotten within moments of the movie beginning. The insipid storyline makes much more sense when you watch SRK, Ansuhka and Kat (Grudgingly, but yes! She does contribute) breathe life innit.

Katrina's portrayal as Meera, a girl who believes in forgoing something for every wish she makes to God is believable. While I can't say that she'll earn awards for it...I have to give it to her that it's MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. You can see expressions flitting through her face every now and then. And guys will find it easy enough not to concentrate on her face πŸ˜†
The Ishq Shava bit was explosive on the screens. Great tempo, confident moves and almost bang on attitude.
Another scene that majorly hit me was during the climax when she makes that frantic deal with God to save his life. Well executed. The determination in her eyes when she stood up and turned her back was WHOA!

Akira played by Anushka is infectious. She chases her dreams, believes in poking her nose into others diaries and life, wants to have sex with men having different accents πŸ˜†
She is an amalgam of Geet from JWM and Veronica from Cocktail tamed into a more bindaas, confident and practical version.
And she is totally relatable.
How many times has it happened that you read books and fall in love with the male protagonist? For me, INNUMERABLE. Lucky her! She got to meet the protagonist in reality, to flirt with him unabashedly, fall in love with him.
And somehow a hollowness can be felt inside your heart when you realize that you've fallen hopelessly in love with someone who can't reciprocate. Sucks! Big Time.
Anushka makes you feel it.

And what can I say about SRK that hasn't already been said?
He is perfect. I prefer the bitter, stubble-d, uniformed man to the carefree, multiple job holder, english-vinglish spoof πŸ˜†
His anger, his hurt, his love, his intensity, his longing...
It's all palpable.
No flakes of the OSO and Ra.One OTTness. He is there, owning the movie and making it something else.

Yash Ji's last is magic in entirety. The plot of the movie may not be all that path breaking...but the SOUL of the movie is.

Totally recommend it to Romance-o-holics.

PS - At moments I just imagined Madhuri Dixit in stead of Kat. It HELPED. A L-O-T! πŸ˜† Edited by Lhethal.Me - 11 years ago
AishMinoz thumbnail
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (JTHJ) did almost similar numbers what we expected initially from the film months before film's release. Film has pleased its target audience and will remain 1st choice for ladies and families.

Wednesday, 14th November 02:00 PM IST

JAB TAK HAI JAAN Starts Well At Box Office

"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (JTHJ) did almost similar numbers what we expected initially from the film months before film's release. Film has pleased its target audience and will remain 1st choice for ladies and families.

JTHJ clean swept West Bengal, Mysore and other south markets. Film dominated Mumbai, UP and Gujarat too. Only in North India and central India film faced some stiff competition from SOS. Film lost 5 -6 cr biz due to other release which is acceptable.

Film collected 14.75 cr nett on Day one which is a huge figure considering the puja and competition. This is almost what we predicted in our prediction some good 40 days back. Film opened well in overseas market and will release fully there in next two days.

As per the early estimates, film is running to complete packed houses all over today. Film should easily cross 20 cr today and anything in excess of 22 cr will be a great result. Film has advantage of low budget of 45 cr and even  95 cr nett plus biz makes it a clean hit.

Edited by aiswaryaaa - 11 years ago
MoccoLatte thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Heres my review... 

I liked the movie but the it was pretty lengthy, was getting restless towards the end of the movie. Cinematography is awesome, Yash Chopra's direction needs no words. This movie is all for those cherish romantic movies. I found it a little sophisticated for my taste. 

Coming to the characters.

1. Katrina- is a breath of fresh air. She really surprises me with every movie, especially this one. Her immensely deadly dance to her expressions everything. This girl is really improving, her hindi has massively improved, Omaagaaad her dance moves before the song Ishq shava starts is seriously too good watch out for that one of the highlights of movie. I think she was very apt for the role of Meera. 

2. Anushka- Loved Anushka in the role of Akira, I feel she fits plays the role of a Delhi girl really well from her accent to expressions. Her radiant smile just makes you to fall in love her. I really liked her and SRK's chemistry in this movie than Rab ne bana di jodi. I loved her costumes she fits my kind of personality. On the whole I loved Akira's character and again no one else could have done it better than Anushka. 

3. SRK- I must say one thing as much as I would love to avoid SRK the more he makes me fall in love with him in every movie. I don't really like SRK but this movie failed to do that for me. You instantly take SRK away from Samar and watch Samar as a character and not think it is SRK. He plays his part with ease and gives an effortless performance as usual. I think he should just stick to romance as a genre. 

I liked SRK-Kat's jodi and surprisingly also liked SRK and Anushka's too! My fav songs were Saans, Challa and Jiya re... 

Would give the movie a 3.5/5

AishMinoz thumbnail

#JTHJ *actuals* Tue 15.23 cr nett.