India-Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Here's an EXPLOSIVE thought!

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
I thought it was rather beautiful that Madhu was introduced as 18 and RK as 29, but they did not make it a theme in the show. I know it is very normal in our society but there is a component in those relationships that is different from similar-age relationships.

They should focus on their age difference a little because it is rather beautiful. Not an issue but one more reason to show their unique love. RK sometimes calls her a mere girl. Madhu on the other hand has no sense of authority so she calls him tum and by his name from the start. So it seems he's more aware of their difference than she is.

But they can make it very romantic and beautiful by showing how their age difference makes their relationship richer. They could focus on it and show how their age difference makes him more nurturing and protective of her. It is clear he's far from immature and that comes with age. It does not mean he dominates, but rather he realizes that she is young and needs to be encouraged to start a career as an actress because that is her calling.

It can be a passing joke like: Biwi, respect me cause I am your pati and older than you. She can laugh and say his maturity is that of a child and she too busy dealing with his tantrums to respect him. There is no marriage where age doesn't come up.

When they are affectionate toward each other, they should add little hints of an age difference. There's 11 years between them! That has to show here and there as little reminders. Like a cultural reference, or a TV show, or something affectionate from him. He's automatically very loving with her because he's a bit of a child and she treats him as an equal cause she's all righteous. But they haven't exposed how they would have to recognize their gap to eventually be equal. Right now they are not equal in anything. Honestly, she has to grow up and be a successful actress before she's really an equal on the professional level.

Now only their egos are equal. They focused on the Madhu being under RK's thumb because of money but they didn't focus on their almost generational gap. That would be a really big thing in an everyday relationship. He's an established, successful actor, and she's only a little chit who graduated college and dared to spite him.

*Madhu is not 21, she's 18 because she says her mom has not seen her dad for 18 years - as in since her birth. Maybe the CVs messed up and then showed her as 21, I think there was a mention of that. 21 or 18, it takes guts to go slap around a man who is nearly 30. Age is a factor. The past has shown us that is spells success in relationships where males are older and doom in relationships were women are older. Not true for all, but statistically speaking that is the case.

Edited by Marybarton - 12 November 2012 at 11:17pm

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

HoTSHeLL4Monics316svirenzahrazarpiya40dramagoMuSIqroCKzzzzranithaChaudhrytmpkaur92latekate-Inferno-SiMi6154ever4loveVsoujanyaRavishinRavzyashred12Aanya.memad_Darling_Meenah.Tanmaya.leverne-Nafisa-.hayaat.-chrys-

Vsoujanya IF-Dazzler
Vsoujanya
Vsoujanya

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
honestly i think a lot of people forgot about that including me. But its a wonderful thought it would be very cute and different to watch indeed. loved your thought <3

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ayushiishzahrazarMarybarton_Darling_

Basilisk IF-Sizzlerz
Basilisk
Basilisk

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Actually Madhu was shown as 21 and Rk as 29...i think :P
But yea its still a 8 yr age gap...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MarybartonMeenahmanesha76

crazyankyy Groupbie
crazyankyy
crazyankyy

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
First of all.. Madhubala is 20-21. not 18.

secondly, I really dont know, where RK's age has been mentioned as 29??

There has been a leap of 20yrs shown to the audience.

morover, even if madhu is 18 and RK is 29..that doesnt make the age difference really huge! In our society, 10- 11 yrs of age difference is pretty normal in arranged marriage!

and lastly.. age SHOULD NOT play any role in the care and nurture they should have towards each other..  It should be their love, respect and understanding that should result in the care! :)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Technalove_me_notshinseenMarybartonsuk19

hukshila IF-Rockerz
hukshila
hukshila

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
i didn't read your post, just commenting, glad to see you here.

i always remember kittens after viewing your id LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Marybarton

-AvniNeil- IF-Sizzlerz
-AvniNeil-
-AvniNeil-

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
m sure at the beginning it was shown Madhu being born in the year 1990 or 1991... so she cant be 18, probably be about 20-21

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MarybartonMeenah

Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheDarkKnight

Actually Madhu was shown as 21 and Rk as 29...i think :P
But yea its still a 8 yr age gap...

Madhu says to her mother after she doesn't the pati puja that she hasn't seen her husband in 18 years.
Marybarton IF-Rockerz
Marybarton
Marybarton

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MaanGeet_GurTi

m sure at the beginning it was shown Madhu being born in the year 1990 or 1991... so she cant be 18, probably be about 20-21

That is if they showed the show in present day.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index