• Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Welcome To Article Archives Section Of Khanoshiyaan Forum

Here You Will Find All Articles Related To The Show

Its A No Comments Thread, So Refrain From Posting Comments

Thank You
STAR Plus brings to you a heart wrenching story of a modern yet traditional Gauri Bhonsle.

Brought-up in London, Gauri feels emptiness within her. On the verge of her engagement she finds out some shocking facts about her life. To know the truth she heads to India to meet her family, where she gets to know more about her life.

Our source from Khamoshiyan tells us, "Gauri's father is a strict man. She finds out some startling facts about her parents. Gauri then starts her journey to India to search her roots."

The source adds, "Once landed in India, Gauri Bhonsle has gone missing. According to the airport authorities, Gauri reached Mumbai on October 17. ABP News has reported her missing case for the first time and initiated a campaign to search Gauri Bhonsle. Thanks, to the timely news, we have been receiving quick responses from people who have seen her. Many people have reported seeing her in Kolhapur."

When contacted Gauri's father said, "Gauri has gone missing for some days now. We are worried about her. We think that she has gone to India. I would urge the people of India to help her in finding her out." However Gauri, contacted ABP news and has informed that she is hiding and would come and talk to everyone soon.

Why has Gauri Bhonsle gone missing? What is she doing in Kolhapur? How did she reach there? To find out meet Gauri in Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan tonight at 7:30 PM.

http://starplus.startv.in/show/mujhse-kuchh-kehtiyeh-khamoshiyaan-watch-gauri-bhonsle-on-star-plus/news256_4786.aspx

'Minimize TV watching hours'- Shruti Ulfat

Saturday, November 17, 2012 | 5:38:42 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    21 Comments 'Minimize TV watching hours'- Shruti Ulfat

Senior actress Shruti Ulfat who plays Ashwini Bhonsle in Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan on Star Plus and Sudha Singh in Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq in talks with tellybuzz

How are you juggling two shows Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan and Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq simultaneously?

In Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan we already have a bank of 20 episodes. Also in each show I shoot for about 10 to 12 days. In both the shows I play the mom of a grown up daughter. In Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan I live in London- my character Ashwini Bhonsle both traditional and modern. In  Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq I am a Delhite who is a college professor, on this show my daughter is more like a mom to me.

How was it to shoot in London for Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan?

I didn't go to London. Only Mohit Sehgal and Mrinal Thakur went to London for four to five days to shoot the London scenes.

Viewers are saying that both these shows are somewhat similar in the sense that both are visiting an unknown rural and rugged territory…..

I do agree that the set up of both the shows are quite similar. But the heroine's motives to visit the rugged territory are totally different. In Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan the girl will be finding out about her ancestors. In  Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq she wishes to re-unite her separated parents.

You are too young to play the mother of a grown up daughter….

Well, this happens only in India. In reality I have a five year old son. However I am quite okay with this. After all as an actress you need to do various kinds of roles. Fresh faces are preferred for the role of the heroine. However mothers of grownup daughters in Indian television are not supposed to look elderly.

Your character Sudha Singh in  Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq is still pining over her estranged husband. Do you think it's regressive to show Indian women still moping over lost love when they should be moving on with life?

No, I don't think it is regressive. Some women in India are still traditional in their mindsets despite being modern. It is okay if she wishes to relive her husband's memories despite being separated from him. It is not that my character Sudha Singh hasn't moved on in life though. However she still wants to follow the custom of fasting on Karva Chaut for her husband. The show is just showing a mirror image of what happens in Indian society. Also sometimes regressive behavior is shown in serials not because the creatives support it but because they want to show that if a person behaves in a certain way, this will be the consequence.

What do you watch on TV?

I don't watch much TV. If I watch TV it is just the movie channels, food channels and the news. Also I try my best to ensure that my five year old son doesn't get addicted to the idiot box which is a plug in drug.

You are a veteran in the TV industry. Do you think Indian TV has changed for the better or worse?

TV is more of a money making venture nowadays. There is more emphasis of quantity and delivering fast rather than quality. However there are still good shows like that of Balika Vadhu and Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev. When I joined the industry, Indian TV was on par with Star World. Our contemporary shows hardly have a bank. However we did have a bank for Sasural Genda Phool which is why we could experiment on the show. Also it upsets me that nowadays actresses just want to look pretty on screen instead of looking believable.

What is your message to your fans?

Please watch eye opening good shows on TV. Don't eat while watching as you won't be able to eat properly if you do so. Minimize TV watching hours as you need to be more active than passive.

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/13338-minimize-tv-watching-hours-shruti-ulfat.htm

Review of Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan

Saturday, November 17, 2012 | 3:29:17 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    88 Comments Review of Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan

Highly innovative promo but an ordinary serial

Production House: Trilogy in association with Shakti Anand's Sai Deodar'sproduction housewith Ila Bedi Dutta
Genre: Drama
Monday to Friday, Star Plus, 7:30pm

A few weeks ago on the streets of Mumbai city were splashed gigantic posters with the title 'Missing Gauri Bhonsle'. Initially I thought that a girl called Gauri Bhonsle was really missing. I assumed that maybe she was the daughter of a very affluent household, therefore her family could afford making such huge posters which were put all over the city. Gauri also seemed to be a very pretty girl- I assumed that she was an actress or model. Later I also saw news capsules- Gauri Bhonsle an NRI from London being reported to be missing on her arrival to India and her father making a 'sincere' appeal through ABP News requesting people to share any info that they may have about her.

However later something seemed to be amiss- I suspected that this was a promo of a movie or a TV serial. I was proved to be right. Indian television is getting all the more innovative with the publicity of shows. Indeed this turned out to be the promo of Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan on Star Plus. My curiosity was aroused for this show which I had hoped would be radically different as its promo had after all been unique. It was however a dampener that the show didn't really live up to my expectations.

The show despite having unfolded in London in its initial episodes, at the outset didn't seem to offer a radically different story. The protagonist Gauri Bhonsle (essayed by Mrinal Thakur) is distraught that her relatives won't be attending her wedding. In fact her parents won't even let her meet them and don't even want to discuss them. It is revealed that they are guarding her from a truth which will completely shatter her. Her fiance Siddharth (essayed by Mohit Sehgal) however arranges for her to visit her relatives in Kohlapur as he feels that it's best for them to get married only after she has unraveled the mystery of her past. The heroine going on a search to discover her roots isn't a new concept.

However as the show is progressing it is gradually getting better. Each episode is ending on a note of suspense. I was quite impressed to watch some family photos in Gauri's ancestral house to be completely white where the photo is to be kept. When Gauri is walked upstairs to her room, one of the pictures crash to the ground, the glass frame is strewn on the floor. Gauri is also discovering that all that her parents had told her about her ancestral family was wrong- they aren't after all very simple people living in a simple home. They have an opulent mansion in Kohlapur as they are after all powerful politicians in their area.

How Gauri, an NRI mingles with the rugged and traditional society of Kohlapur will be an interesting watch if unraveled well. This is in a way similar to Meera in Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq on Life OK venturing into a harsh and unfamiliar terrain forsaking all urban material comforts. The motives of both the heroines are nevertheless different. Gauri wants to meet her relatives whereas Meera wants to re-unite her separated parents.

The acting, dialogues and costume design of the show seem to be ordinary. I nonetheless liked the art direction. The interiors of Gauri's London home though shot in a studio in India does seem to be a replica of British homes. The interiors of the grand haveli in Kohlapur have also been done well. The initial episodes were shot in the streets of London, the camera lens captured the city well.

As far as the ratings of this show is concerned it already faces stiff competition from Sasural Simar Ka is on Colors. Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke on Zee TV is also doing well but isn't as tough a competitor for the show as Sasural Simar Ka. Otherwise the competition at the 7:30 pm slot is not that difficult. If the story is well developed then maybe the ratings will rise. We need to wait till mid December to find out where the show stands as far as TRP is concerned.

Verdict:

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/critics-corner/13333-review-of-mujhse-kuchh-kehti-yeh-khamoshiyaan.htm