Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

12/11 Dragon Club: Gustakhiyan Maaf Ho (Page 26)

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
I thought I would go back and write down Yash's shayari for everyone's reading pleasure. I am translating it for those who don't know Hindi because I thought it was pretty significant. Enjoy!

Vo ishq hi kya jisme tadpan na ho,
What is the love which has no painful yearning?

Vo ulfat hi kya jisme jalan na ho,
What is the attachment which has no jealousy?

Parvana shama par jalke fana hone mein hi khush hota hain
The moth is only happy when it is destroyed, burning in the flame.

Translation is a sticky business, especially with poetry. If anyone can do a better job (which is not hard), please do because my version is rudimentary at best! Tongue

Edited by Samanalyse - 12 November 2012 at 3:39pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

gmhatcherdarrishmorrisaimfPearl_27Kittya_CullenangakeashGC_arjanirmalac99lulujjjjInduG64ZetterssroomaniAllbut1roseinbloomanonee

roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz
roseinbloom
roseinbloom

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
HAI LOW ! =D

xD

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

morrisPearl_27SamanalyseZetterFireLordPhoenixAllbut1

roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz
roseinbloom
roseinbloom

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Sammy thankyouuu for that translation .. I understood the first two lines and the third one just went over my head...lol

But wow .. that was beautiful! Waah waah =D

Z

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

morrisPearl_27SamanalyseInduG64ZetterFireLordPhoenixAllbut1

roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz
roseinbloom
roseinbloom

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
@Saffi: No you're not! Trust me .. as much as it stings to admit it .. they ARE cute O_O .. like adorable ... *sigh*

Z

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Kittya_CullenPearl_27SamanalyseAllbut1InduG64ZetterFireLordPhoenixilovepyaar

gmhatcher Senior Member
gmhatcher
gmhatcher

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
@ Sammy
The (Poem) translation seems pretty significant, considering everything that's happening.
Thank you for the translation

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

aimfmorrisPearl_27angakeSamanalyseZetterFireLordPhoenixAllbut1roseinbloom

roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz
roseinbloom
roseinbloom

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
@aimf: Wow. That was an amazing analysis and I loved the theme of everyone living in their own cocoon .. not really realizing the depth of their problems or the seriousness of them .. and I love how that theme ran through the entire story and for each person involved in your take... marvellous! Loved your symbolisms especially of Yash's narrow viewing of Aarti .. via the camcorder.

Z

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

gmhatcheraimfmorrisnirmalac99angakePearl_27SamanalyseInduG64ZetterFireLordPhoenix

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
@Saffi: You are absolutely not the only one! I think the Prashant-Ansh bond is really cute, and why not? Prashant actually seems to have a knack with kids (he was a big hit with Palak and Payal too outside school that day) and Ansh is a sociable little fellow. I maintain that Prashant isn't a parental figure in Ansh's life, but as friends they are adorable. That is why I kind of hope this ends up with Prashant getting visitation rights with Ansh. Ansh deserves to have a positive bond with his birth father the same way Palak and Payal have a connection with their birth mother.

@Z: You're welcome. When you look up the lyrics to as many qawwalis and other Urdu songs as I do, certain words become part of your vocabulary! The moth and the flame (shama/parwana) is a really common image in Urdu love poetry, because the moth is uncontrollably drawn to that which will inevitably destroy it. Haye! Wink

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

gmhatchermorrisaimfPearl_27nirmalac99angakessroomaniAllbut1InduG64ZetterFireLordPhoenixroseinbloomilovepyaar

Allbut1 IF-Rockerz
Allbut1
Allbut1

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Samanalyse

But can't you just see it?

Ansh screaming "PAPA!" with a huge smile of relief on his face, starts running.Hug

Prashant opens his arms, with an adoring gaze and a hint of cockiness. Approve

Ansh runs right past him and the camera pans over to Yash gathering Ansh up in his arms! Embarrassed

A crestfallen Prashant stands by. PigBroken Heart

The camera pans further to reveal Aarti standing behind Yash, laughing hysterically! ROFL

LOL Samana, I have been dreaming about this scenario ever since we started discussing about a potential custody battle months ago! But the added filmy touch to it is absolute perfection ROFL

I firmly believe that no matter what Prashant does, no matter how much he bonds with Ansh, he will always remain just a friend to him, someone who saved his mother and earned his life long friendship! But when it comes to the father figure in his life, the person he calls papa and turns to at every difficult point in life to seek his comfort and protection is going to be Yash and Yash only!

Spending a few happy moments playing and buying toys for a kid can never make up for the fact that he abandoned him before he was even born! Prashant is extremely selfish in his love and it will actually be intriguing to see how the dynamic between him and Ansh will change when the latter finds out that the former is his father!

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

gmhatcherPooja_11morrisKittya_Cullennirmalac99Pearl_27angakessroomaniSamanalyseInduG64ZetterFireLordPhoenixanoneeroseinbloom

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index