•  
Posted: 11 years ago

TV stars wish happy & safe Diwali

TNN | Nov 12, 2012, 08.03 PM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Vivian Dsena (RK)|Tina Dutta (Iccha)|Sameer Soni|Pratyusha Banerjee|Madhubala
TV stars wish happy & safe Diwali
TV celebs wish happy diwali
TV celebs are taking time out from their busy schedules to ensure that this Diwali is a cracker of an affair for them. 

The festival is not just a favourite with a common man, but is also considered auspicious by the TV and film industry and they plan to enjoy diwali with their family and friends. On the occasion of diwali which is known as the festival of colors and lights TV celebs wish their fans a very happy diwali and wants them to celebrate it safely. 
Dhrashti Dhami aka Madhu from Madhubala: A few years back I was sitting on my terrace, enjoying the bright lights and the crazy sound of the sparkling crackers. Even though I was enjoying a lot, sudden realization took place on witnessing the smoke and residue coming out of these crackers that changed my way of celebrating Diwali. I realized these crackers are not good for the environment both in terms of air pollution and sound pollution and since then I have been celebrating an environment friendly Diwali with lots of sweets , shopping , Diyas and Rangolis which are equally satisfying and fun as well. This Diwali I request all my fans to have a happy, safe and an environment friendly Diwali. Happy Deepawali! 

Samir Kochchar aka Rajat kapur of Bade Acche Laggte Hain: This festival of lights always bring out the festive side in me. Lighting up candles, Diyas and lights all over the house is a lot of fun. During this season, visiting friends for pre diwali parties to enjoy card parties is full of excitement. Doing a pooja with the family and eating all the yummy sweets is how the day of diwali is spent. I was a maniac as a kid when it came to fire crackers, not so much anymore. I just hope I can go to my home in Delhi to spend Diwali with my family. I wish a happy diwali and a prosperous new year to all from my side. Happy Diwali!!

Kunal Chopra aka Sameer Soni of Parichay: This Diwali after the traditional pooja, that we have every year, Neelam and I will go over to our friend's house for dinner. I may also throw a card party. It's been a lot of years and I have missed the card parties that we used to have and I've been deprived of a large chunk of money as I always used to be very good at these card parties. I just want to wish all of you a happy, prosperous and a safe Diwali.
Aamna Sharif aka Muskaan of Hongey Judaa Na Hum: Diwali is the festival I always look forward to. Decorations through lights and flowers create altogether a different ambience. I, too, decorate my house and draw rangoli. I visit my friends' place and love to eat homemade sweets cooked by them. 

Vivian Dsena aka RK of Madhubala:Diwali and crackers go hand in hand and I recall how I myself as a child was bursting what they call the 'rassi bomb' in the hand and then throwing it up in the air. My father ran out to stop me and explained to me and my group of friends the danger of fooling around with fire. I just hope everyone has a safe Diwali... Enjoy the festival while being responsible and out of harm's way. May your life be filled with happiness and prosperity.

Pratyusha Banerjee aka Anandi of Balika Vadhu: For me, Diwali is that time of the year when my shop-o-holic nature starts playing up. When I was a child my mother used to buy the family new clothes for the three main days of Diwali. What started as a hobby then has now turned into a tradition. This year I shopped not only for new outfits but bought matching accessories and new jewelry. It's like an entire new Diwali trousseau that I've assembled for myself. And for all my well wishers - "This Diwali, may you be blessed with good fortune as long as Ganeshji's trunk, wealth and prosperity as big as his stomach, happiness as sweet as his ladoos and may your troubles be as small as his mouse. Happy Diwali"

Rupali Ganguly aka Pinky of Parvarrish- I am not a kind of person who looks forward to Diwali as people burst crackers which is a major cause for pollution. Though I love the beauty of this festival, I decorate my house by lighting diyas and making Rangoli. Every year I meet with close friends and share sweets.

Siddharth Shukla aka Shiv of Balika Vadhu: Diwali at my home has always been a simple affair. The family gets together, we have the traditional Lakshmi puja and my mother used to cook dinner. The entire house is lit up and hanging the lanterns and putting those mirchi lights on the window grills was always part of my duty. The most exciting used to be the firecrackers and my all time favorite are those parachutes that come down in 3 different colors. We used to run with it as children and try and see which building top it would land in. On this auspicious occasion, I want to thank all my fans for accepting me and giving me a place in their hearts. Here's wishing all of you the best Diwali ever.

Vishal Singh aka Jeet of Parvarrish: Diwali is a festival to spend time with family and close friends. Everybody meet with their close ones and spend some quality time with them. That is what Diwali for me is. I do small pooja at home and then catch up with family, friends and their kids. We eat good meal, burn few crackers and play cards. Hope this year also my Diwali would be full of enjoyment. 

Tina Dutta aka Iccha/ Meethi of Uttaran:Diwali is never the same if it's not celebrated with your family. It is that time when my entire family gets together first for the dhanteras puja and then the main Diwali puja. We have a family dinner on our terrace where we all get together to burst crackers and eat sweetmeats under the starry sky. My favorite part of the night is sitting on the terrace with a sparker (phool jhaddi) in my hand, craning my neck to see which rocket goes the highest, or which one bursts as the brightest in the sky. Here's wishing you all a happy and safe Diwali.